State files motion to proceed with check fraudUPDATE CASE TO BE SCHEDULED

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Are you serious?! I was going to say well they must of been for small amounts but I reread your post and it says several hundred dollars! I am shocked! Not that I'd want any harsh punishment doled out on you---you're my WS's friend!:blowkiss:

But I was hoping KC would have her hiney handed to her for her bad check activity! Dang--sounds like I'm going to be let down there. Don't answer this if you don't want to but are you in the same state as KC? Maybe FLA is harsher on rubber check writers? Hey, I can hope, right?

Totally O/T but it must be difficult to be a judge sometimes. To keep your sentences consistent. I would think it would be difficult for a judge to want to punish "person unknown" to the fullest extent but when your "friend or friend's child" comes before you on the same charge--you'd want to say, "put your hands out" and then give them a slap on the wrist! lol I guess that's the sign of a good and honest judge---one who is consistent no matter who is standing charged before him. :cow:

I can't imagine that she will not have some punishment for these checks. She did NOT write bad checks, ie. insufficient funds in her account. She wrote STOLEN checks! Checks that she took from AH without her knowledge or permission and proceeded to buy goods and services with them, as well as boldly marching into the bank and cashing one for some pocket money! I know this isn't as important as the murder charges, but she isn't charged with writing bad checks, she is charged with the theft and forgery or AH's checks. Did I miss where this was bumped down to a simple "hot check" case?

This is my feeling about the bad checks-

I had several bad checks to several different stores for several hundred dollars- I get a letter from the bank the check was drawn on (I previously had an account there and still had the checks..) and from one of the stores. Both wanted me to make arrangments to pay them back and if I didn't they would press charges. I ignored them .. about 3 years went by and they finally pressed charged. My "punishment"? I got 2 years probation- on top of the probation I was violating by writing bad checks. No paying anyone back, nothing.

I'm just not seeing Casey's check charges ending up being anything big. IMO It's not a crime they really punish harshly. Though they should! The system is a joke!

I certainly hope things have changed a lot since then. Maybe the identity theft charge is key. IIRC, that is a charge that IS taken seriously nowadays. Also, it appears that the state isn't as willing to plead this one out as they may have been in your case. ;)

Are you serious?! I was going to say well they must of been for small amounts but I reread your post and it says several hundred dollars! I am shocked! Not that I'd want any harsh punishment doled out on you---you're my WS's friend!:blowkiss:

But I was hoping KC would have her hiney handed to her for her bad check activity! Dang--sounds like I'm going to be let down there. Don't answer this if you don't want to but are you in the same state as KC? Maybe FLA is harsher on rubber check writers? Hey, I can hope, right?

Totally O/T but it must be difficult to be a judge sometimes. To keep your sentences consistent. I would think it would be difficult for a judge to want to punish "person unknown" to the fullest extent but when your "friend or friend's child" comes before you on the same charge--you'd want to say, "put your hands out" and then give them a slap on the wrist! lol I guess that's the sign of a good and honest judge---one who is consistent no matter who is standing charged before him. :cow:

The account that I was using the old checks from had been closed for at least a year, probably longer. When it all caught up with me I was so scared because I thought "well this is it, you have finally gotten yourself into something you can't get out of!" but for whatever reason that wasn't the case. I deserved a harsh punishment.. what I got certainly wasn't consistant with the sentencing guidelines (which iirc was something like- up to 12 years and $2,000 fine).

I was living in Connecticut.

When your friend or your friend's child stands before you, you recuse yourself from the case.

I certainly hope things have changed a lot since then. Maybe the identity theft charge is key. IIRC, that is a charge that IS taken seriously nowadays. Also, it appears that the state isn't as willing to plead this one out as they may have been in your case. ;)

LOL things have changed completely since then.

Anyway, I hadn't seen they popped her for identity theft too!

I can't imagine that she will not have some punishment for these checks. She did NOT write bad checks, ie. insufficient funds in her account. She wrote STOLEN checks! Checks that she took from AH without her knowledge or permission and proceeded to buy goods and services with them, as well as boldly marching into the bank and cashing one for some pocket money! I know this isn't as important as the murder charges, but she isn't charged with writing bad checks, she is charged with the theft and forgery or AH's checks. Did I miss where this was bumped down to a simple "hot check" case?

About ten million years ago when I was in college, I worked at a big name retailer. A woman wrote a check for about $500 and I was asked to authorize the check. I didn't; I called security. They told me to go ahead and authorize the check and that the police would be waiting for her downstairs at the area she was to pick up her packages so as to not create a disturbance in the store. Turned out the check was stolen from another woman's purse and the id was counterfeit. She went away for a long time.

About ten million years ago when I was in college, I worked at a big name retailer. A woman wrote a check for about $500 and I was asked to authorize the check. I didn't; I called security. They told me to go ahead and authorize the check and that the police would be waiting for her downstairs at the area she was to pick up her packages so as to not create a disturbance in the store. Turned out the check was stolen from another woman's purse and the id was counterfeit. She went away for a long time.

They had college back then :crazy:

Good catch! I had a college bud that was on the other side of that one. She even did it when shopping with me. I was shocked when she told me and that the LE wanted to speak to me. She promised them I would come in , and that they didn't have to freak me out by coming to me. She was right. She knew me well, and knew I wouldn't cover her butt either. I answered anything they wanted to know.

I had an x that wished I wasn't that honest when asked questions. Tee hee.. Had to do with paternity. And his stupid lawyer had me fill out a question thingie. One of the questions was how often, and when and where we had sex.

We were young and in college.. :eek:

I don't know, I just go on what my experiences with the law have been and I do not see Casey being punished harshly for this if this charge alone is considered. If they keep her other issues (murder) out of it.

I was already on probation and still just got a slap on the wrist. I just do not have much faith in the way justice is carried out for certain types of crimes... probation and suspended sentencing is used way too often as a way to deal with the over- population in jails/prisons. Too many people nailed for "petty" crimes are allowed to walk time after time after time..

Though I admit, I loved it back then LOL

I don't know, I just go on what my experiences with the law have been and I do not see Casey being punished harshly for this if this charge alone is considered. If they keep her other issues (murder) out of it.

I was already on probation and still just got a slap on the wrist. I just do not have much faith in the way justice is carried out for certain types of crimes... probation and suspended sentencing is used way too often as a way to deal with the over- population in jails/prisons. Too many people nailed for "petty" crimes are allowed to walk time after time after time..

Don't know about this from experience but with the way the defense keeps talking how she's already done the amount of time that first offenders are sentenced leads me to conclude two things:

1. Even first offenders are regularly sentenced in that area;

2. That first offenders are usually sentenced to longer terms than KC has served thusfar. (If the defense says something my first instinct is to surmise the opposite is true.)

Do you remember where you read that email? Coz I missed that one and would like to read those! :) MOO

Well, Grandma Shirley may have been afraid that if KC cleaned her house, she'd.......CLEAN OUT her house. :eek: Jewelry, insurance policies, bonds.. anything portable ....

I thought that the reason for the move on the check charges was that having a previous felony impacted the murder trial, somehow.

But, I'm having a senior moment... don't remember the details.

I have to share this story on top of what OLG shared.

Once upon a time I was a young Army wife. I lived near Fort Bragg and did our grocery shopping at the commissary on Post. I can't remember the circumstances exactly but I had some kind of a check that was worth $1.00. I cashed it in and added it to the baggers tip. Little did I know, that check had a 90 day expiration date on it and when I cashed it, it was passed 90 days old.

My husband had already served 14 years and was an Officer. Not long after my cashing that "bad" check he was called in to speak to his Commander because his wife had cashed a bad check in the Commissary! We had no prior financial mishaps or problems. Can you imagine? He didn't get in trouble or anything but was embarrassed. Over the next six months every time I went to write a check at the commissary/PX I showed up on some kind of list and had to go through the whole story and they'd call someone, etc. Finally, somehow it all got straightened out.

This is why Military people get upset by the behavior of certain Politicians as we are called under the carpet for anything and everything and people get axed over stuff you witness everyday in civilian life even by Presidents!

KC understood enough about checks to know how to use her grandfather's bank routing number.

That's true, I was being a bit obtuse at an attempt at humor. She knew how to steal all kinds of money electronically, but the actual rather luddite act of writing a check was not something she often did. If that poor checkout girl had at least noticed that KC signed her name to another person's check, it might never have gotten much further. I'm just wondering how she showed ID when she signed her name as Amy on some of the other ones she forged.

Once upon a time I was a young Army wife. I lived near Fort Bragg and did our grocery shopping at the commissary on Post. I can't remember the circumstances exactly but I had some kind of a check that was worth $1.00. I cashed it in and added it to the baggers tip. Little did I know, that check had a 90 day expiration date on it and when I cashed it, it was passed 90 days old.

My husband had already served 14 years and was an Officer. Not long after my cashing that "bad" check he was called in to speak to his Commander because his wife had cashed a bad check in the Commissary! We had no prior financial mishaps or problems. Can you imagine? He didn't get in trouble or anything but was embarrassed. Over the next six months every time I went to write a check at the commissary/PX I showed up on some kind of list and had to go through the whole story and they'd call someone, etc. Finally, somehow it all got straightened out.

This is why Military people get upset by the behavior of certain Politicians as we are called under the carpet for anything and everything and people get axed over stuff you witness everyday in civilian life even by Presidents!

OMG over a dollar?! The military is tough!

Also it speaks to systems within our government - there's no flexibility which is not always a good thing. I think has a funny joke/commentary on this forum that alludes to this fact. Sorry for the O/T.

Lemme see.. one dollar divided by 14 years is............

Stolen from the KC = ZFG thread for your perusal and comments:

Good point. Well, if she used any ZG ID to cash Amy's checks instead of her own (do we know how the one to "cash" was signed and ID'd at BoA - the same day part of the ticket was paid?) - that would be yet another HUGE reason to go for the check fraud case first. It might burst the entire bubble on the Zanny b.s. by providing a "picture" of ZG22 cashing a check - which could bode even worse for her in the long run than simply having a prior record during her capital case trial.

I think this may be the reason the defense won't plea on the check fraud and are desperate to avoid trial prior to the murder case. IF KC = ZFG, and it's proven in the check fraud trial, it's as good as a confession; or maybe better.

ETA: Pssst... I'm trusting y'all not to tell that I stole this! Pretend you're the A's and I'm KC... eeeewwww Nevermind. That was just to horrible to contemplate.

I think this may be the reason the defense won't plea on the check fraud and are desperate to avoid trial prior to the murder case. IF KC = ZFG, and it's proven in the check fraud trial, it's as good as a confession; or maybe better.

ETA: Pssst... I'm trusting y'all not to tell that I stole this! Pretend you're the A's and I'm KC... eeeewwww Nevermind. That was just to horrible to contemplate.

I would think that if she used a ZFG id to write the check, we would have known about it by now. And we wouldn't have had to wait for that case. That she used it at all would have been considered evidence in the murder case.

I would think that if she used a ZFG id to write the check, we would have known about it by now. And we wouldn't have had to wait for that case. That she used it at all would have been considered evidence in the murder case.

You're probably correct that the info would have come out in discovery by now but it's also possible that it's still being investigated or being withheld under some other exception. I find the KC = ZFG thread to have some very compelling posts.

You're probably correct that the info would have come out in discovery by now but it's also possible that it's still being investigated or being withheld under some other exception. I find the KC = ZFG thread to have some very compelling posts.

I just asked this over in the KC/ZFG thread, but I'll ask here too. If the state had evidence of KC posing as ZFG at all, why wouldn't they be saying so in court? You'd think that if the State said "we have proof that KC posed as ZFG", the Judge would grant the motion to try the fraud charges first, right? I'm confused. If they had all this evidence, why would they try the murder case first? it'd be backwards if they did. Really, it be a lot easier to lump all these charges together in one trial, but I guess there's a reason they aren't. The premeditation of ZFG (if in fact true, which I wholeheartedly believe it is) would be a major part of the State's case in the murder trial, wouldn't it? so why is the State not disclosing this info in court, during these "stall the fraud trial" motion hearings?? My only logical guess is that they don't have it, and I don't want to believe that :eek:

If members on the general public like us can put all of this info together and come up with this compelling theory, then surely LE must have done the same, right? with all the resources they have, I just can't see this being ignored. Someone help me please! :confused:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rythmico
Back