State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, tomorrow I get to flip over to a new number of years of my life, and I will tell you, it has been a very wacky year - on many fronts - not just here. But as the hours wind down on this very last day of being ## (ha! I'll never tell), I would just like to say. Thanks HHJP - it's reassuring to know that not everyone has gone bat guano insane and that there are still a few (at least one) people in the world out there trying to do the right thing, and do it well and professionally. Good way to end the year - and bodes well for the next.

I meant no disrespect to those who have worked hard in paying off mortgages, or student loans, I admire that they have acheived this. I am very familiar with the burdens attached to repaying student loans.

I was just trying to point out that it would be feasible that KC could actually pay $100,000 over time, even if she never gets a book, movie or interview deal. I didn't say it would be easy. $100k is a large sum, and without some big dollar deal, it will make her life very difficult for a long time to come.

HHBP will probably add an additional 50 to 75K to the OSCO costs when the hrs are turned in, but that is strictly a guess.

Oh, I know you didnt' mean any disrespect, I was merely saying it would be a significant pain the rear for her to lead a normal debt free life. Those things give me nightmares, but hey - that's me. Probably nothing for a woman who murdered her own child.......

and I hope you are correct Devilsadvocat on your guess of 50-70K more, 25K to OC when they asked for 205K is a slap in the face.....

You know, tomorrow I get to flip over to a new number of years of my life, and I will tell you, it has been a very wacky year - on many fronts - not just here. But as the hours wind down on this very last day of being ## (ha! I'll never tell), I would just like to say. Thanks HHJP - it's reassuring to know that not everyone has gone bat guano insane and that there are still a few (at least one) people in the world out there trying to do the right thing, and do it well and professionally. Good way to end the year - and bodes well for the next.

Happy Birthday (tomorrow)!!! I always enjoy reading your posts.

As for this order, yippe!!! Hope FCA is enjoying her Bella Vita life and keeps on enjoying it for the rest of her life.:great:

That is awesome. And then along comes TES and Leonard Padilla, correct? Oh and the IRS?

:bdscroll:

And may I ask... what did you get me for your birthday?? :floorlaugh:

I'm going to ask the obvious questions: how will the state force this money out of her? If she gets a job, who will decide how much she will have to pay out of each paycheck? What if she doesn't get a job?

A very ugly legal precedent here. The State has to appeal this insanity.IMO

I'm going to ask the obvious questions: how will the state force this money out of her? If she gets a job, who will decide how much she will have to pay out of each paycheck? What if she doesn't get a job?

"Somebody" posted an article somewhere around here quoting RHornsby who says it may eventually cause her to lose her license and could hound her for the rest of her life. (Found it - it was posted by Niner - #540 in the Sidebar Thread.)

I'm liking the sounds of that - :rocker:

"Somebody" posted an article somewhere around here quoting RHornsby who says it may eventually cause her to lose her license and could hound her for the rest of her life. (Found it - it was posted by Niner - #540 in the Sidebar Thread.)

I thought she already lost her license when she failed to pay the court costs and fines over the bad check charges?

I thought she already lost her license when she failed to pay the court costs and fines over the bad check charges?

I think she just lost it because she didn't reapply in the normal fashion when it ran out - George wrote to her encouraging her to do that - but of course she didn't. But I wasn't aware she had officially lost it since her court costs were levied.

I think she just lost it because she didn't reapply in the normal fashion when it ran out - George wrote to her encouraging her to do that - but of course she didn't. But I wasn't aware she had officially lost it since her court costs were levied.

I don't recall which thread it was in but IIRC someone (?JB) applied for her license to be renewed immediately after she was released.....

I don't recall which thread it was in but IIRC someone (?JB) applied for her license to be renewed immediately after she was released.....

IIRC, Offender Anthony's Drv Lic has been expired/not renewed for more than 1 year and unless the rules have changed, since I worked at the DMV, Offender Anthony would have to go into an office in person in order to re-apply for a Drivers License.. licenses expired for over 1 year are no longer renewable, they are processed in a different manner.

Here we are.....

"Licenses that have been Expired for over 1 Year cannot be renewed Online or by Mail. You must renew your license at a drivers license office and should make an appointment. Bring your required identification documents. The fee is . You will have to take a vision test and if the examiner feels you need re-testing you will need to re-take a written and/or driving test."

Now not renewing ones license will render it unlicensed/expired but she could also be unlicensed for other reasons..such as a suspension for failure to pay certain costs that courts can legally impose against an individual via the drivers license.

I know some people are disappointed with the amount KC has to pay but I initially misread it as $9,700 so I'm happy. LOL.

I read that article.. I think it was the Orlando Sentinel. I hope more detail comes out soon, though. OK, she's ordered to pay. Will they enforce this order, and how?

I am not going to be satisfied and feel 'Justice Prevailed' Unless she is ordered to pay back every single cent asked for in the State's Motion and pays back every individual and agency that spent their time looking for Caylee. ( including ZFG)

And unless some opinion comes from the Florida Bar re: JB's ethics etc, it appears that the Florida Bar believes the saying " any publicity is good publicity" for one of their own. Maybe they will want JB to speak at their Annual Florida Bar Bedfellows Breakfast....

Okay so how do I really feel (insert George Carlin's Seven Dirty Words here)

I read that article.. I think it was the Orlando Sentinel. I hope more detail comes out soon, though. OK, she's ordered to pay. Will they enforce this order, and how?

If its a legal order then yes I would hope that it was enforced. How can that take place? I guess thru a collection agency. Those guys can be pretty tough. Unless someone takes her under their wing for the rest of her life and provides for her, how could she escape this?

I wonder if someone will dip into a certain foundation's funds to help out with this bill? I'm sure Cindy would be happy to.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back