State Motion to recover Investigative Costs

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
How do they expect to recover any money? She's been given special dispensation by probation and she is not even required to work. Notiariety and all that. I am betting that notiariety is going to be her excuse for the rest of her life of not working, etc.

She's long spent any money she received from selling her Caylee pics. She's got nothing left.

JMO

She's got plenty left. She and her agent are offering up all kinds of stories by seeing the rag mags this weekend. She is getting the whopping almost million dollars of her parents but she's getting money. Baez and his hook-up w/rivera 7 company, who has connections, is a non-stop array of pushing and promoting their felon to the media.

How do they expect to recover any money? She's been given special dispensation by probation and she is not even required to work. Notiariety and all that. I am betting that notiariety is going to be her excuse for the rest of her life of not working, etc.

She's long spent any money she received from selling her Caylee pics. She's got nothing left.

JMO

What????? Get OFF of my cloud with that kind of stuff!!!:floorlaugh: :great: :floorlaugh: I've been sitting here amusing myself by thinking some clever person outfoxed Baez by taking those pictures and cut both him and OCA out of the deal completely.

I have a good imagination - and I like my version of this story better!!!:woot:

JMO
IMO, she is making $, has already made $, and will continue to make $ off of Caylee's death. I'm sure she got paid for the TMZ pictures, might have been funneled through someone else, but she got paid. Of course, it's not work and I'm quite certain she won't ever hold an honest job, but she is getting paid, so is her "team."

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Judge rules #CaseyAnthony will have to pay $97,676.98 for investigative costs. #breakingnews -jfell
3 minutes ago

Too low if you ask me...

Breaking #CaseyAnthony ordered by #JudgePerry to pay back $97k in investigative costs. Four agencies asked for more than 500k

bobkealing bob kealing
#JudgePerry ruled #CaseyAnthony should pay for costs prior to launch of homicide investigation on 9/30/08
2 minutes ago

CFNews13Casey Casey Anthony News13
Judge rules #CaseyAnthony will have to pay $97,676.98 for investigative costs. #breakingnews -jfell
3 minutes ago

Too low if you ask me...

Agreed that it's too low, but that is still a lot of money to me. Unless she gets some sort of mega deal from someone to do something she'll be paying on that for a long long time.

@bobkealing
bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony ordered to pay just under 100k in investigative costs. #JudgePerry leaves door open for OCSO to ask for more.

Anyone know how this works? She declared herself indigent. Will the 97k judgement hang over her head for the rest of her life until she pays -or- do they just drop it because she doesn't have any money right now?

TIA

IMO

I'm pretty sure she'll file bankruptcy to avoid paying for anything.

@bobkealing
bob kealing
#CaseyAnthony ordered to pay just under 100k in investigative costs. #JudgePerry leaves door open for OCSO to ask for more.

That's not an accurate statement - If you look at the order HHJP has not ordered anything for any of the LE or that woman who had her dates wrong on the stand. He has left that open and has asked the LE, including Yuri Melich et al, to redo their hours to reflect the new Sept 28th cut off date! So that could easily be a bucket or so more.

I'm just going back now to see how much they were originally asking for to get some kind of idea what HHJp will rule. These new figures have to be back to the court clerk by Monday September 19th, so HHJP isn't wasting any time on this. I'm expecting at least another 100K or more to be added on! :woohoo::woohoo:
And never mind with the indigent stuff - I'm sure if anyone really goes digging, they'll find Baez has some funds stashed for her somewhere or else how would OCA be living?

http://www.wftv.com/news/29195336/detail.html

HHBP ordered KC to pay over $97,000 in costs for the investigation.

That comes out to a little less than $25,000 and 1 year in prison (less goodtime) for each count of the misdemeanor lying to the police.

I am certain HHBP ordered KC to pay as much as he felt he could, in accordance with the law.

$100,000 is an amount that can be paid over time by her, even with a normal job. People buy houses for $250,000 and pay them off in 30 years. She should be able to pay this off, even if she never gets an interview, book or movie deal.

I'm pretty sure she'll file bankruptcy to avoid paying for anything.

Bankruptcy may not eliminate this debt, although I'm not sure how it works in FL. I do know that it wouldn't wipe out her tax debt to the IRS just to file bankruptcy. The IRS would stop collection if she could prove insolvency but interest would continue to run. At some point, the IRS might agree to accept less than her accumulated liability, but bankruptcy alone wouldn't get her off the hook with the Fed.

You can't file bankruptcy on court ordered monies, nor can you file bankruptcy with taxes owed.

I agree. Also, "for which sum, let execution issue" has meaning. The sheriff can sieze her property and sell it. (Home are exempt from this, vehicles may be fully or partially and some money is exempt). Not sure how this works in Florida.

Bankruptcy may not eliminate this debt, although I'm not sure how it works in FL. I do know that it wouldn't wipe out her tax debt to the IRS just to file bankruptcy. The IRS would stop collection if she could prove insolvency but interest would continue to run. At some point, the IRS might agree to accept less than her accumulated liability, but bankruptcy alone wouldn't get her off the hook with the Fed.

I don't think she'll get away from the IRS payments, but I know when I was 18 and in college, I ran a red light, hit two cars and was court ordered to pay over $50,000. I didn't have that kind of money in 1989, so I filed bankruptcy and never had to pay anything but pennies on the dollar.
I'm not sure if that same thing will fly in Florida, but I bet she'll at least attempt it.

The only thing I think bankruptcy will keep her from having to pay, is the court ordered restitution from the investigation.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gordock
Back