State rests rebuttal case- thread #163

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dr Flores is not a medical examiner. Dr Horn is and has performed thousands of autopsies. He mentioned that he has dealt with 25 calibre shot wounds 100to 200 times.

Like you, I hope the jury does realize that this was a premeditated murder in any case.

Rose, I realize Flores is not a medical man. However, he said Horn told him the shot was first. Flores even reported this in legal proceedings. Horn repeatedly denies ever speaking to Flores. I think Horn's written report is ambiguous and I question "who said what when." I don't expect Flores to have the medical expertise, but I find it difficult to believe that he "misunderstood."

This might be a silly question but do you think it might affect the outcome some for sentencing? Is being stabbed 29 times then shot less cruel or just as cruel as being shot then stabbed? Would he have felt the same degree of horror/pain regardless of what came first?

I really don't think it makes a difference either way. The photos speak volumes.

Honest Jodi = Honest Abe

He walked miles to return a small amount of change.

She drove miles to return a small amount of cutlery. :liar:

Two differences:

1. AFAWK, Abe didn't get a Brazilian wax before his trip, and
  2. His 'visitee' survived the encounter.

Oh lordy....may the words "Abe" and "Brazilian wax" never be in the same sentence again :eek:

Rewatching Det. Flores interviewing Jodi about the "lost phone" in AZ.

Jodi travelling ALONE, won't stop a car to search for her phone? I thought she was so scared of being alone in the desert for long, that she had to bring gas along so she wouldn't have to stop.

I'd love to see a map showing the many exits along I-10 E between Pasadena and Mesa, all with brightly lit gas stations where Jodi could have stopped safely and looked for the charger...but didn't.

Weren't you tested in school? Are you here in the USA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took lots of uniform tests all through school, but I don't ever recall taking an IQ test. At least if I did, nobody ever told me the results. Do they do that other places? Seems like that could be dangerous, telling kids what their IQs are. I could see lots of bragging and hurt feelings.

I'm watching trial Day 10 right now. It's the day we got to know what a charming wheeler-dealer Gus Searcy is (not to mention how much of a legend in his own mind he is). There was a shot of the gallery and I noticed that Jodi's aunt was sitting BEHIND her sister, rather than right next to her. Wow, they look SO much alike. That got me to thinking ... Do they ever switch off and pretend to be one another in court? Would the jury realize it, or would they notice subtle differences?

I can see how that would come in handy just to give one another a break for a while and still be seen as a loving (not to mention long-suffering) mother who never or rarely misses a day in court, despite the fact that her daughter is a vengeful, spiteful, conniving, pathologically lying, mother-and-dog-kicking homicidal sociopath.

I can see where being an identical twin can come in handy on occasion.
I wondered the same at some point, esp if JA's mom was wearing a wig so switching that would make them look even more similar. JA's aunt has a smaller face than JA's mom so that's something you need to check out. I think her mom has been there every day though

Attachments

• face2.gif
    face2.gif
    62.7 KB · Views: 28
I was young, it was the eighties, I had no idea taking advantage of the float was a crime. I thought I would simply use the float to my advantage.

I didn't find out it was illegal until I was explaining why I had accounts at two different banking institutions to my dad. I watched the blood drain from his face and his jaw hang open. He then explained it was illegal... I never did it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't think check kiting is as easy as it used to be. Checks are processed so much faster now that it is all electronic. Used to be you had 2 or 3 days before a check cleared. Now they can clear the same day sometimes.

I worked as a bank teller a million years ago and we were taught to watch for check kiting.

:bump:
Everyone that is posting autopsy pictures - can you please go back and edit to make them thumbnails? I cannot do this for you, so if I have to, I will have to remove the post.

If you find your post of the pics was removed, you may repost it USING thumbnails.

Thanks so much. I'll give everyone an hour or so to edit and then I'll remove them, if necessary.

Salem

Comparison of Defense and TA's family

BI3FtP2CEAARaUi.jpg:medium

I don't understand JW why, with all of her years of experience, she does not understand decorum in a murder trial. Smiling and laughing are demeanors that are in direct conflict with the gravity of the case; it's almost as if she is diminishing serious nature of murder. It may be subconscious on her part when she first begins questioning a witness, yet it speaks volumes to people observing her.

She does this over and over again with numerous witnesses and then again with her client.

The only time that I have seen JM smile or laugh is when court is no longer in session yet the camera is still rolling.

I'd love to see a map showing the many exits along I-10 E between Pasadena and Mesa, all with brightly lit gas stations where Jodi could have stopped safely and looked for the charger...but didn't.

Vinnie P showed a map with flags indicating all places with gas on her route...I think there were over 150.

That was covered. Due to the tragectory "shock wave" Travis would not have been able to move.

Secondly, the defensive wounds on his hands display he was covering his head while Jodi stabbed him.

Thirdly, as per Dr. Horn Travis was still alive when his throat was slit.

I just think there was a misunderstanding.

While knowing I'm going to be attacked for writing, this, I need to unload about Dr Horn. First, i think the evidence clearly shows 1st degree premeditated murder. Unequivocally. And what I'm going to write doesn't change that. But...

I feel the ME was the weakest link in the prosecution's case. His testimony felt off to me. His written report contradicted part of his testimony, but more importantly, he contradicted Flores. They made Flores out to be the "weak link" by saying he was mistaken about hearing Dr Horn say that TA was shot first. But I don't believe that. I think Horn, for whatever reason (and I don't attribute it to any sort of dishonest intent), was wishy-washy and contradictory in his testimony report. I believe Flores and find it strange that he's made out to be the scapegoat here.

I think Horn is overly defensive. I wonder if there is a possibility that the gunshot came first, but that Horn dug in his heels, refusing to acknowledge this due to pride or ego. Something is just off with his part in this trial.

So the jury can argue about which method of attack occurred first if they picked up on the discrepancies. Or not. It shouldn't change the outcome. IMO, whichever way one concludes, it's first degree murder.

I can't believe that the judge let a surrebuttal in. Her inexperience is showing for sure. The defense has been dragging out this case for far too long Had the DT been like Juan and Co this could have been wrapped up weeks ago.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

I think Judge Stephens is erring on the side of caution to prevent the defense from trying to claim that they were not allowed to present a fair case, or to give them any other reason for appeals or a call for a mistrial.
I think that is more important than speeding through this mess-even though it seems like it has been going on forever.

Shot in the head, Travis Alexander is not a viable threat to Arias. Arias could have fled to safety, and, called the police. With medical care, Travis Alexander may have survived being shot in the head by Arias.

Major snip: even before the shot to the head--if we believe that sequence of events--he didn't pose much of a threat. If she had the time and speed to reach the closet, she had the time and speed to start running out of the house, especially when you see from the pics that the stairway was right outside his bedroom door. He was wet and naked...he likely wouldn't have tried to follow her all that far.

In part this is why her DV and self defense claim doesn't work. We know that true victims of DV go back to their abusers...but I would bet that statistically most do so for very valid reasons..they are married to their abusers, they have children with their abusers, the have no outside support system to help them, they are financially dependent on their abusers, etc., etc. I would be interested to learn the statistics on how many abused women go back after "successfully" getting away. There was what 1000 miles between them at the time...why would someone go back in such a scenario?

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe some would. But what's even more damning to her is the way she acted afterward. Again, statistically, how many abuse victims that end up killing their abusers lie about it and try to cover it up...I don't mean initially, but we are talking about lying for an extended period of time. Most would I think cave pretty damn quickly, and then give an honest and accurate telling of events.

I could be wrong, and not know what I'm talking about, but if I were a juror in this trial, these are the points that would stay with me, and ultimately convince me that self defense was never, ever part of the equation.

Vinnie P showed a map with flags indicating all places with gas on her route...I think there were over 150.

Does anyone remember if a map of CA, NV, and UT was admitted into evidence? I don't remember one being admitted, and if I were a juror, it would really be of help to me.

I took lots of uniform tests all through school, but I don't ever recall taking an IQ test. At least if I did, nobody ever told me the results. Do they do that other places? Seems like that could be dangerous, telling kids what their IQs are. I could see lots of bragging and hurt feelings.

I grew up in the East and took one in kindie and another in 8th grade. The first was in public school and the second was in a private parochial school. Something is telling me that by the time I took the one in 8th grade the public schools were no longer administering IQ tests.

eta: I know that I was told my IQ in 8th grade, but don't remember whether I was told in kindie. I know my parents were, though, since I reported to my mother that a man came to my class and took me to a small room to play with toys. She didn't react well lol

I'm not sure what vibe I got, but I definitely got a strange vibe from JA's grandma. I know nothing about her, have no beef with her, but she didn't strike me as feeble as I read here and elsewhere. Maybe I just got a glimpse of her at the wrong moment. She gave me a sense that she isn't a weak woman. And the looks I saw on her face were tough for me to decipher. Either angry and aghast that her granddaughter could do this or..... ?
Anyone else?

On direct, Nurmi asked JA about her bank accounts. She said she had a personal account and a business account, nothing about the third account JM uncovered via her Tesoro purchases. Asked by Nurmi why she shifted money between accounts, she said, "My business made no money." I think Jodi's hatred of Travis was fueled in part by her blaming him for the financial mess she was in, with no discernible way out.

Agreed. Her face is slack and her brows are drawn from the center. This is the 'pity pose' in trying to convey victim and innocence to the jury. Much different from her 'defiance' face.

The many faces of evil.

Agreed, and I think the tears she was shedding on Thursday were only for herself and that 'The Jodi Show' is finally coming to an end and she doesn't want to find out what's behind the door she selected when premeditating and carrying out Travis' murder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sleuth12345