State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could JM have hooked the witness box monitor up to google maps and have Jodi go to the street level and point out which nail salon she had her nails done in?

Why is it that her memory only fails when she murders someone? Everything else she can remember like it happened yesterday.
Now I haven't been there since '85, but salinas is pretty big and spread out. Moo

http://youtu.be/gn481Ss4t7Y @ 7:40. He referenced the pictures to previous exhibits showing blonde/brown hair. So it's not saying that these photos were the same phone - but it was indeed a Helio phone.

It doesn't have to be the same physical phone to preserve photographs, contacts, recordings, etc.

All these data are stored on the phone's SIM and internal memory or removable card.

You simply remove the SIM (subscriber identity module) and, for example, the MicroSD card, and place them into other devices.

That or you can, as JA claims she did, archive all your data -- especially pictures and videos -- in case you lose it.

I thought that JA testified or told Det Flores that she had been to mesa in april and that was the last visit there according to her. So If that part was true ...how could she record sex tape in May?

I know that mixed in with her lies may be some truth.

It's my understanding that Gus gave Jodi a helio phone because she "lost" her original phone.

She used to record the "sex tape" - early May in 2008

She "lost" it.

Gus replaces it for her a 2nd time. - don't know the timeline, sorry.

Fast forward .....................................>>>>> Travis' killing.

While Jodi was in jail, she needed "proof" of Travis' sexual deviancy, abuse blah blah.

Magically the first helio phone is found in Jan 2010 and oh... what is on it? The "sex tape" for the whole world to hear.

***Anyone, please correct me if i'm wrong as that's how I understand it***

Just want to say how much I have enjoyed this site and the informative and insightful discussions that I have found here. I've got to admit I am dreading the end of this trial. I am a trial junky and with the end of Insession I wondered where we will get trial coverage in the future. Is there a site that posts trials that are being streamed that we can follow? Thanks guys.

Wuld About Trial is a good site:

http://wildabouttrial.com/

Now I haven't been there since '85, but salinas is pretty big and spread out. Moo

Well someone just mentioned that it was small. I have no idea as I get lost whenever I try to take a shortcut home from somewhere.

In any case, she went to Walmart there she knows the area so, she could maybe narrow it down to a square mile or so couldn't she?

ETA: The other person said it wasn't all that big. Even if it were humongous, I'm sure she could have been asked to just narrow it down to a square mile or so. If nothing else, it shows the jury that all of a sudden she has fauxnesia again and whenever that happens, she's trying to hide something.

Do you remember when or where you heard this? This is the first I have heard of this. (I feel like I'm in a fog of mud.:please::banghead:)

I only assumed the money came from DB because she deposited it shortly after leaving him, and he behaved so strangely and unnaturally on the stand.

I remember this Paul guy too & wish I knew where I saw/heard him. I think he was in Big Sur. It seems like it was a television interview. I remember that he also said that JA sat in the bar & wrote in her journals constantly. I would like to see the interview again because I'd like to know when she was writing in those journals so furiously.

Gotcha! But you want to uncover Jodi's mind and that would take ... well, nevermind. ;)

When she talked to Ryan upon leaving Pasadena, she said she was on her way. We know that's a fact.

imo, She did not take into account while creating her alibi about the time gap she would lose in between Pasadena-Utah.

She did not think that far in advance. Her ultimate goal was to get to Travis.

imo, All she knew in her head was she could not be tracked in Mesa, AZ if she doesn't buy gas, food, or have her cell phone on upon leaving Pasadena.

What did she say when Flores asked her about the time gap?

She's not that smart. If she was, she would've taken the camera with her. moo

They were looking at the time gap. Flores questioned her about it in the interview. But whether they did look at it wasn't my point. My point was that I believe she'd had to consider as part of her alibi that they'd look at it.

Ryan did not say anything in testimony that she said anything to the effect of spending another night anywhere else.

What I'm discussing is part of her premeditation. I cannot understand why she'd indicate to Ryan that she'd be there straight away. She even said in court that she'd intended to be to Ryan straight away.

The problem is, there's no call to or from Travis AFTER her Ryan call to change that plan. Remember when she told us that she told Travis, "I'm coming to Mesa" and she said he said, "Really?"

So that talk happened according to her phone records BEFORE she called Ryan. (I know her and Travis did not have that conversation, but this is what she said.)

So I don't get why call Ryan after that and say she was coming. Either she thought she'd only be about 5 or so hours late, or she'd changed her mind about the murder, then on the drive to Utah, changed it back and went on to Mesa.

I know she began with premeditation. I can see her having second thoughts, telling Ryan she'll be there, then as she drove, she decided, nope. I'm killing him, just like I planned.

If not one of these two things, I don't know what else makes sense.

Do you remember when or where you heard this? This is the first I have heard of this. (I feel like I'm in a fog of mud.:please::banghead:)

I only assumed the money came from DB because she deposited it shortly after leaving him, and he behaved so strangely and unnaturally on
....Paul stern maybe???.?.

Paul Stern interview about loaning Jodi money for her trip to see Travis:
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

Well, it looks like the checkpoint did miss the upside down license plate. Why would she fix it for the checkpoint and change it back to upside down in Utah, where she had no reason to be invisible/unidentified?

I think that she took the plates off altogether while in AZ (or at least in the Mesa area) and then after the killing put them back on. In the dark, or in her panic mode, she just got the back one on upside down.

There's absolutely NO WAY the checkpoint inspection would miss an upsidedown license plate--just Google "Hoover Dam Checkpoint" and see the detailed instructions they have for vehicles crossing the Dam.

My point was that she LIED about the license plate being turned upsidedown at the Pasadena CA Starbucks. It's one more lie--that was my point.

Could JM have hooked the witness box monitor up to google maps and have Jodi go to the street level and point out which nail salon she had her nails done in?

Why is it that her memory only fails when she murders someone? Everything else she can remember like it happened yesterday.

Nail salons come and go.

One of the more 'fluid' businesses, it's right up there with sole proprietor restaurants, beauty shops, and tanning salons.

IMO, the likelihood of the same nail/wax business NOT being OOB five years hence is low.

Well someone just mentioned that it was small. I have no idea as I get lost whenever I try to take a shortcut home from somewhere.

In any case, she went to Walmart there she knows the area so, she could maybe narrow it down to a square mile or so couldn't she?

She could very well narrow it down to a "section".....north salinas.."downtown."the g..etc.....loL

Maybe DB is running/participating in illegal business? And Jodi knows and he is bending over backwards for her?

Hmmm.......she could have stolen it from Daddy O's.

(I still believe she has something huge over DB :facepalm:)

I think that was the whole purpose of getting that Helio from Gus, to have something to store the copied over sex tape on for whenever her plan called for its use.

I do not think that sex tape was made on May 10th, '08, I think it probably happened the year before and she copied it to the new phone, giving it the date of May 10th, '08. Moo

That's a very interesting thought. But wouldn't Travis' phone records show that he had a call at the same time she was making that phone-sex call? I think it makes a lot of sense that it was much earlier, given he seemed to have been very creeped out and scared of JA by May 10, but JM has been so thorough, and I would think he would cross-check their phone records.

ETA: The other person said it wasn't all that big. Even if it were humongous, I'm sure she could have been asked to just narrow it down to a square mile or so. If nothing else, it shows the jury that all of a sudden she has fauxnesia again and whenever that happens, she's trying to hide something.

As a Bay Area resident, it's small to me. About 150,000 live there.

I remember this Paul guy too & wish I knew where I saw/heard him. I think he was in Big Sur. It seems like it was a television interview. I remember that he also said that JA sat in the bar & wrote in her journals constantly. I would like to see the interview again because I'd like to know when she was writing in those journals so furiously.

PAUL STERN! I remembered his name so I could then find the interview. I think this is it but I don't have time to watch it right now.

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2013/02/06/man-who-gave-jodi-money-visit-travis-speaks-out

It doesn't have to be the same physical phone to preserve photographs, contacts, recordings, etc.

All these data are stored on the phone's SIM card.

You simply remove it and place it into another device.

That or you can, as JA claims she did, archive all your data -- especially pictures and videos -- in case you lose it.

I thought the same, but the Expert testified on cross that the embedded information on the exif(?) part of the file cannot be changed, and recorded the device as the Helio. Even if the file were transferred.

She could very well narrow it down to a "section".....north salinas.."downtown."the g..etc.....loL

By narrowing it down so broadly, IMO it would show the jury that she's hiding something by not knowing even approximately where she had her 4 hour mani/pedi.

BBM~ Ok, can Travis not fought her off during the bed pics? He was on his bed, naked. He could of totally taken her down. If someone had a .25 baby gun or knife pointed at me, i'd fight them off.

As per the pics in the shower, he was in a vulnerable position, so yes I see gun/knifepoint. Not in the bedroom with him on naked on the bed. moo

On June 4th 08 the last outgoing call on TA's phone was at 12:13 p.m.

After that time, multiple calls and texts came into TA's phone, none of which were answered. Now seeing that TA was to be on a conference call at 7 p.m. that day, it makes no sense that he would ignore those earlier calls and texts prior to that conference call.

That indicates JA had TA in that shower at knife or gunpoint. He was not voluntarily posing for any of those pics she took IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966