State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think she changed the CA car rental plates with the AZ plates from the BMW in Pasadena.

When she changed back to her car rental CA plates (before the Hoover Dam), she put the back one upside down.

Having AZ plates in AZ would not be suspicious. There is no way she drove from Pasadena to Mesa with an upside down CA plate.
I've driven from Phoenix-Tucson and back and there are alot of highway patrol.

BBM: I really doubt she would change the plates out. If she reregistered the BMW in California it would come up in her name and as a BMW, not a Ford, if a cop stopped her. If she didn't reregister the BMW it would come up in Travis' name, but still a BMW. Try explaining that to a cop and not drawing attention to herself while the cop is checking for stolen BMWs or Fords.

I think she turned the plate upside in Utah so she WOULD get pulled over. Just another little bit of proof that she was in Utah, not Arizona. :twocents:

It doesn't have to be the same physical phone to preserve photographs, contacts, recordings, etc.

All these data are stored on the phone's SIM card.

You simply remove it and place it into another device.

That or you can, as JA claims she did, archive all your data -- especially pictures and videos -- in case you lose it.

Yeah, but if she lost her phone, then the SIM card is probably lost with it, unless she removed her SIM card, in preparation for "losing" it, which is possible. If she dropped it in coffee, then the SIM card was probably water logged and she got rid of it without trying.

If these brown hair photos was on the same phone as the sex call, she's done. She said she recorded it and lost the phone before she could delete it then it mysteriously turned up two years later while she was in jail. If she was taking pics on her phone on her murder trip then she lied and never planned on deleting the tape and just pretended it was lost but she really had it with her the whole time.

In testimony Jodi said "WE got into Santa Cruz, etc." Always wondered who was "we". Maybe Gus? She gonna try and derail case with last minute new info? That's her style. Hmmm. Good catch!

I had always thought the "we" she was talking about was Matt and his roommate...she mentions meeting them at a bar(I think) then going on to his house from there....

Nail salons come and go.

One of the more 'fluid' businesses, it's right up there with sole proprietor restaurants, beauty shops, and tanning salons.

IMO, the likelihood of the same nail/wax business NOT being OOB five years hence is low.

Usually the building still exists that she should be able to point out.

Nevermind, I'll just go back to my corner now and keep my bad ideas to myself.

I thought that JA testified or told Det Flores that she had been to mesa in april and that was the last visit there according to her. So If that part was true ...how could she record sex tape in May?

I know that mixed in with her lies may be some truth.

The 'sex tape' is a recorded conversation between her and Travis over the phone. She was in her grandparents' home in Yreka when she recorded it.

My gut feeling is Gus is 100% involved. He was so defensive on the stand.

There's been some discussion as to why no one who participated in the June 4 conference call seemed to wonder why Travis missed it, or followed up to find out. After seeing Gus Searcy's calendar with that very call scheduled, does it require a huge leap to speculate that he could have told them that Travis wasn't going to be able to be there?.

Salinas....the lettuce capital of the world...how can that be small?...

Haha

No, you're right. She can remember what she drank at Starbuck's 5 years ago, where she parked, what direction she was facing, what position the sun was in the sky, but she can't remember the name of the salon she went to or where it was??? Just no.

Idk. If it was insured sometimes a replacement is only $50.

I wish we knew:

If there really was a police report

If there was insurance, whose? Gus? Jodi?

Phone company would have records of shipping a new phone

It does sound like one of her stories and that May 22 journal was fake as hell

I, too, wish they had made it more clear. :( However, with his line of questioning last week, Juan used the term "The Helio" like there was only one. I really don't think there were two.

I believe she came up with the "stolen phone" AFTER the murder, when she was putting the finishing touches on her journal. She used it to take the photos because she didn't realize she was going to have to "lose it." :twocents:

I don't believe she had this cell phone insured. That's a "Jodi story." She couldn't afford this phone on her own. Gus gave it to her. IF she got a replacement, it wasn't a Helio. :twocents:

I thought Gus testified to this?
It had insurance on it...
Jodi paid him back "somehow"???

Geez the testimony is ALL just melding together!

I think her 1st cell phone was a Motorola "RAZR"

ARIAS: Yes. In the, when I got, I got my Helios phone the day I moved to Arizona. The phone that I had was a Motorola Razor, and I put it in the drink cup holder in the truck, I went to sleep in the truck. And when I woke up, I realized that send in the bottom of the drink holder with whole bunch of hot chocolate that spilled the day before. And it basically soaked in hot chocolate all night. So, my phone didn`t work anymore. "

"I met up with Gus Steve (ph) in southern California. He had a free phone deal. And he let me have the Helios. I agreed to pay him for it. But, I don`t remember how that worked out. And so, as I had this phone, figuring out the features, and then I realized we can record on it and I told Travis"

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1302/18/ng.01.html

Most of the sex tape is on here as well...an interesting read
not having to listen to her! IMO

Princess pjs...now you have ever had a bad idea..come outta that corner...lol

Well someone just mentioned that it was small. I have no idea as I get lost whenever I try to take a shortcut home from somewhere.

In any case, she went to Walmart there she knows the area so, she could maybe narrow it down to a square mile or so couldn't she?

ETA: The other person said it wasn't all that big. Even if it were humongous, I'm sure she could have been asked to just narrow it down to a square mile or so. If nothing else, it shows the jury that all of a sudden she has fauxnesia again and whenever that happens, she's trying to hide something.

Since so many of the things she did were very close to one another (CVS receipt 10 minutes before Starbucks receipt, etc.) the hair salon is likely very close to WalMart, heck, she might have had it done in the hair salon inside Walmart, the closest WM to me has a hair salon in it.

It doesn't have to be the same physical phone to preserve photographs, contacts, recordings, etc.

All these data are stored on the phone's SIM card.

You simply remove it and place it into another device.

That or you can, as JA claims she did, archive all your data -- especially pictures and videos -- in case you lose it.

That pic of her. On the stand looks evil mental.

It's actually quite pretty where all of the "lettuce" grows. And has fabulous fruit stands.

I know...used to live there....worked for Jodi's dad and uncle..they owned "bumbleberries" in the Northridge mall.....I worked there in '82.

Since so many of the things she did were very close to one another (CVS receipt 10 minutes before Starbucks receipt, etc.) the hair salon is likely very close to WalMart, heck, she might have had it done in the hair salon inside Walmart, the closest WM to me has a hair salon in it.

I mentioned that to long ago when the speculation of where she had her hair dyed. I felt walmart was a contender.

I thought that JA testified or told Det Flores that she had been to mesa in april and that was the last visit there according to her. So If that part was true ...how could she record sex tape in May?

I know that mixed in with her lies may be some truth.

She did say that to Det. Flores to show that she couldn't have killed Travis; she hadn't been anywhere near Mesa.

The phone-sex call on May 10, or at some unknown time if it was moved to that phone, was recorded on her phone. She could have been anywhere.

I remember this Paul guy too & wish I knew where I saw/heard him. I think he was in Big Sur. It seems like it was a television interview. I remember that he also said that JA sat in the bar & wrote in her journals constantly. I would like to see the interview again because I'd like to know when she was writing in those journals so furiously.

Here you go!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyhqdslxlDE"]Jodi borrowed money from Paul Stern - YouTube[/ame]

BBM: I really doubt she would change the plates out. If she reregistered the BMW in California it would come up in her name and as a BMW, not a Ford, if a cop stopped her. If she didn't reregister the BMW it would come up in Travis' name, but still a BMW. Try explaining that to a cop and not drawing attention to herself while the cop is checking for stolen BMWs or Fords.

I think she turned the plate upside in Utah so she WOULD get pulled over. Just another little bit of proof that she was in Utah, not Arizona. :twocents:

That's what I thought too. She did not want to risk anything until she was in Utah. And she certainly didn't want to commit a crime with the plates lol. She just wanted it noticed for an alibi.

Think it was money roommates had given him for rent... heard one of them say they had given him money but it was not found in the house and mortgage payment not made one night on HLN.

She made the $800 worth of deposits on her way TO MESA.:twocents:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member