State rests rebuttal case- thread #164

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're saying he pleaded the 5th about Jodi calling him? You're saying he was booted off the stand before JM could ask him this very pertinent information--if the information were true?

Gus did not write down the name. He did not have the right to plead the 5th. It did not have anything to do with the case. Some of what he said was a smoke screen. I did see him on HPN. He spoke about what he did not want to reveal in court. It did not have anything to do with this case. He explained that he had someone in the car that he was helping with PPL. Its not unusual for people who are doing well to get together with others to teach the ropes to. Thats all it was. So why the plead the 5 th? The person in the car was a female and Gus had a girlfriend. He said he did not want to reveal the name because Chris Hughs is high up inthe company and this person was afraid . Again, BS. On tv Gus said there was a rumor he was cheating. He explained he was teaching someone the ropes. Its not unusual to do this over a meal. Hes right about that, so why hide it? Why plead the 5 th? The courts dont care who he has lunch with. His girlfriend might.

Can anyone help with this?

Dr JD
testified to her Dx of Jodi w. Borderline personality disorder; she went thru the list of 6 symptoms, but said Jodi was not impulsive.

Quite puzzling, as I thought Jodi is/was very impulsive in some of her behaviors:

Job-hopping
(Dr JD said Jodi mentioned at least 10 restaurant jobs, plus spa receptionist; child-caregiver (babysitter?); and (third, I’m blanking here). Oh, plus sales rep for PPL, which I don’t think the Dr included. Not sure of the time period addressed, but seems like longest it could have would have been ~10 years (say, Jodi’s dob 1980, start work at age 18, to Travis’ death in 2008 = 10 yrs). That’s less than one year on the job an average, except Ventana Spa was ~3 years(?), even if we factor in overlapping part-time jobs.

There were several/numerous instances of Jodi at work, receiving boyfriend-cheating or similar news, just leaving in the middle of her shift, or not reporting to work, to go confront boyfriend or ‘the other woman.’

Moving from one city to another (sometimes following boyfriends) without a job or housing secured before the fact.

Converting to a totally new religion on a dime. (met Travis Sept 2006, was converted in/by Nov).

Some other things not coming to mind now.

When I heard DrJD say, no, not impulsive, these and other things nagged at me. Maybe they are normal or maybe signs of immaturity, but I understood these actions to be spur of the moment decisions.

Why not impulsive? Or is it a matter of degrees? Or?

Did occur to me, if Dr JD concluded - impulsive, jury might be confused about the terminology and less inclined to find premeditated murder, despite all the evidence of her murder planning, for days, weeks, perhaps longer.

I am glad I do not do her taxes. She probably had a million and one W-2s. geesh.

I am guessing you have not seen Gus testify. Juan grilled him, JSS stepped in and they were done for the day.

You're saying he pleaded the 5th about Jodi calling him? You're saying he was booted off the stand before JM could ask him this very pertinent information--if the information were true?

Can anyone help with this?

Dr JD
testified to her Dx of Jodi w. Borderline personality disorder; she went thru the list of 6 symptoms, but said Jodi was not impulsive.

Quite puzzling, as I thought Jodi is/was very impulsive in some of her behaviors:

Job-hopping
(Dr JD said Jodi mentioned at least 10 restaurant jobs, plus spa receptionist; child-caregiver (babysitter?); and (third, I’m blanking here). Oh, plus sales rep for PPL, which I don’t think the Dr included. Not sure of the time period addressed, but seems like longest it could have would have been ~10 years (say, Jodi’s dob 1980, start work at age 18, to Travis’ death in 2008 = 10 yrs). That’s less than one year on the job an average, except Ventana Spa was ~3 years(?), even if we factor in overlapping part-time jobs.

There were several/numerous instances of Jodi at work, receiving boyfriend-cheating or similar news, just leaving in the middle of her shift, or not reporting to work, to go confront boyfriend or ‘the other woman.’

Moving from one city to another (sometimes following boyfriends) without a job or housing secured before the fact.

Converting to a totally new religion on a dime. (met Travis Sept 2006, was converted in/by Nov).

Some other things not coming to mind now.

When I heard DrJD say, no, not impulsive, these and other things nagged at me. Maybe they are normal or maybe signs of immaturity, but I understood these actions to be spur of the moment decisions.

Why not impulsive? Or is it a matter of degrees? Or?

Did occur to me, if Dr JD concluded - impulsive, jury might be confused about the terminology and less inclined to find premeditated murder, despite all the evidence of her murder planning, for days, weeks, perhaps longer.

I agree with this and I was shocked, too.

But I think if she'd found Jodi impulsive, she could have explained that she was also compulsive and obsessive.

I'm not diagnosing myself with anything, but I can be impulsive about something, and once I am, I become obsessive about it. For example, when my first husky died, I instantly decided I had to have another one. People told me I needed to give myself time to grieve, but frankly, I was avoiding that. Had been there with two other dogs. But anyways, I became obsessed with finding the next husky. It was all I did in my free time. Then I found the two in my avatar and impulsively got them both.

So I believe she could have decided to kill on impulse and then became obsessed with the planning. It would have given her purpose where there was no purpose since the relationship ending had left such a void. Or since facing the fact that the relationship had ended wasn't a choice.

I am thinking back to Gus on cross. He was splitting hairs with Juan over every word. LOL, Juan trying to get him to say PPL is a bit of a pyramid scheme, Gus refusing to allow it, Juan saying maybe it's a triangle! Gus countering, it's more like a circle!! OMG, when this trial is really over, I am truly gonna miss Juan Martinez.

Me too. I will miss the dynamic duo of Martinez and Flores.

I am lost on this too

Maybe the Walmart had a hair salon. Maybe she went one place for the Brazillian and another for hair dying. More Premeditatioin?

I don't have any other guess though. I would have to go back and see the different times from the Walmart receipt to the picture with the hair dye.

Other than that I am lost a little too.

K

Gus did not write down the name. He did not have the right to plead the 5th. It did not have anything to do with the case. Some of what he said was a smoke screen. I did see him on HPN. He spoke about what he did not want to reveal in court. It did not have anything to do with this case. He explained that he had someone in the car that he was helping with PPL. Its not unusual for people who are doing well to get together with others to teach the ropes to. Thats all it was. So why the plead the 5 th? The person in the car was a female and Gus had a girlfriend. He said he did not want to reveal the name because Chris Hughs is high up inthe company and this person was afraid . Again, BS. On tv Gus said there was a rumor he was cheating. He explained he was teaching someone the ropes. Its not unusual to do this over a meal. Hes right about that, so why hide it? Why plead the 5 th? The courts dont care who he has lunch with. His girlfriend might.

Oh man, that' s JUST what I would expect from him, too!

What a <pre-modsnip>.

Greasy.

He pleaded the fifth amendment. JSS said they would talk about it outside the courtroom and that was it- no more Gus. I think, please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Arias mystery: Who was in the car with Gus Searcy? - YouTube

Did he testify other than the hearing I watched (I believe he was up right after Chris Hughes).

This is the one that he refused to write down the name of the person in the car with him - and what ever came of that? I would have slapped his tail in the slammer.

:great::great:

:angel: Wings444! That's exactly how I thought it but you had a break from WS and I haven't. Thank you ! Thank you ! :floorlaugh:

It's just my theory..and a very long post. My fingers finally got a rest, came back with a doozie. :floorlaugh:

Thanks, I do not like him.

I did at first now? Not so much.
I can't find it.
JC interviewed him after he refused to give the name of the woman.
It was a client of his and they were headed to court.

He says he would not give her name because it was not relevant to Jodi's case.

Someone did find that the woman had gone to court that day but seriously!
How could anyone believe him anyway.

All we know is it was NOT JA she was in jail.

I have a question about the gas cans. Both in Cal. and in Utah, she made 3 separate gas purchases at the same time--one for the car, one for two of the gas cans, and one for the third can. But why not do all 3 of the cans from the same purchase? Why did she split it up like that?

Thanks in advance

In order for her to get in and out of Arizona without having to stop for gas somewhere in that state she calculated that she would need to fill the car tank and three 5-gallon gas cans. She premeditated the murder with the idea that her alibi would be she wasn't there and was never in Arizona at all but was on a road trip to Utah to see her new flame. She got in her head that she could fill the gas tank which would produce one receipt that showed a purchase of gas that filled a car tank and a separate purchase for only two of the gas cans which the receipt would show a purchase of 10 gallons of gas thereby proving in her mind that she could produce those two receipts as proof that it was all the gas she purchased and argue that she could not have made it in and out of Arizona without a third gas can.

On the stand she lied repeatedly insisting that she only used two gas cans that she had borrowed from Darryl. But the prosecution had a third receipt she didn't voluntarily produce that showed a third purchase of gas of 5 gallons at the same time and place OR they found the Walmart receipt where she purchased a third gas can (I can't remember which), but in any case, they knew she did indeed have a third gas can. They probably found that receipt in her grandparents' home where she was living at the time. So then she canged her story saying that for whatever reason she purchased a third gas can at Walmart but never used it and returned it to Walmart unused that same day. Except that a representative from Walmart that testified for the prosecution produced records showing that no gas can was returned on that day yet Jodi sat on the stand and insisted that she did return the third gas can at that Walmart and received a return of cash for it... and this after she already was caught out in the lie that she never had a theird gas can.

Her point in trying to hide the existence of the third gas can was so that she could "prove" she wasn't in Arizona that day at all since she purchased no gas in that state, and her gas purchases that she admitted to (filling the tank and filing TWO gas cans) would not have been enough gas to get in and out of ARizona.

Then of course, her "I wasn't even in Arizona that day" story fell apart when she was being interrogated by Flores at the police station because he had the photos to prove that she WAS there with Travis that day. That's when she came up with the "Ok, I was there, but it was two ninjas that did it" story.

So much for her being an Einstein. She never considered that the gas station would have their own records of her gas purchases and be able to prove that she bought gas in three transactions - one to fill the car tank, one to fill two of the gas cans, and one to fill the third gas can she prended at first never existed until she was caught in that fib. Nor did she consider that her own bank records would show the gas purchases because she used her creditcard to purchase all three gas transactions.

The gas cans and her attempt to hide the existence of the third one goes directly to premeditation along with other evidence - that she was going to go to Arizona on the way to Utah to kill Travis and try to make it appear that she wasn't even in the state that day and that she tried to use two of the gas purchase receipts (the one for filling the tank and the one for filling two of the gas cans) as a way to "prove" she wasn't in Arizona.

Here's a receipt:

29xc413.png

This is the accounting that I found:

Monterey, California

Arias made three deposits to different accounts at a Washington Mutual branch:

10:10 a.m. $400 to account # ending 8006
10:11 a.m. $300 to account # ending 7148
10:15 a.m. $100 to account # ending 7148

http://www.hlntv.com/slideshow/2013/02/11/jodi-arias-trial-tragic-roadtrip

It doesn't say cash/check, however.

If it was cash, I imagine that she kept some of it too -- AFAIK paid for the "salon" visit in cash that day.

I am guessing you have not seen Gus testify. Juan grilled him, JSS stepped in and they were done for the day.

I saw him on the stand. It was day 10. I saw him giving testimony. The defense called him. He gave a direct testimony. JM cross examined him. KN got up and redirected. The jurors asked one question. KN followed up. JM said he had no questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2X6CeMq834

It took an hour. I'm confused at why you think I didn't see it and I am still not understanding if you are saying he wasn't allowed to continue his testimony by the judge. His testimony seems complete here.

:seeya: Yes, Jodi was def OCD, and it can be a nightmare, but that's ok, we deal with it. ;)

I agree with this and I was shocked, too.

But I think if she'd found Jodi impulsive, she could have explained that she was also compulsive and obsessive.

I'm not diagnosing myself with anything, but I can be impulsive about something, and once I am, I become obsessive about it. For example, when my first husky died, I instantly decided I had to have another one. People told me I needed to give myself time to grieve, but frankly, I was avoiding that. Had been there with two other dogs. But anyways, I became obsessed with finding the next husky. It was all I did in my free time. Then I found the two in my avatar and impulsively got them both.

So I believe she could have decided to kill on impulse and then became obsessed with the planning. It would have given her purpose where there was no purpose since the relationship ending had left such a void. Or since facing the fact that the relationship had ended wasn't a choice.

He pleaded the fifth amendment. JSS said they would talk about it outside the courtroom and that was it- no more Gus. I think, please someone correct me if i'm wrong.

Arias mystery: Who was in the car with Gus Searcy? - YouTube

Isn't this in a closed hearing, not a part of trial testimony, but a part of a hearing to do with Chris Hughes or something? Gus saying Chris threatened him?

This wouldn't be the place for Gus to give testimony about Jodi calling him to say Travis was dead. Wasn't that originally what we were discussing when you told me he wasn't allowed to finish testifying?

I guess we're somehow discussing two different matters.

I was trying to find the order of them. I guess yes, Gus just wanted his 2nd 15 minutes of fame, the 1st being the Judge Judy appearance. Thanks for correcting me. Cheers!

I saw him on the stand. It was day 10. I saw him giving testimony. The defense called him. He gave a direct testimony. JM cross examined him. KN got up and redirected. The jurors asked one question. KN followed up. JM said he had no questions.

It took an hour. I'm confused at why you think I didn't see it and I am still not understanding if you are saying he wasn't allowed to continue his testimony by the judge. His testimony seems complete here.

On June 3rd, immediately after leaving DB's house, JA deposited $800 in 2 accounts. Where did she get that $800? DB?

ETA: trying to figure out DB's reluctance to answer JM's questions....heh heh

She used to sit by a guy named Paul Stern in a bar - she hit him up for $ cause she was frantic to get to AZ to see boyfriend. Guy had interesting info @ JA and her constant social website + email use. I'view is on Dr. Drew somewhere - I watched it a day ago -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV