State rests rebuttal case- thread #165

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow, Jill Hayes is a very beautiful lady.
bio_small.jpg

But I just want this trial to end already. The prosecution's case is so strong, I don't see how any witness the DT can dig up can change that.

Oh mercy, if she is allowed ja will shoot daggers at her :facepalm:

BBM~ ITA. Jodi would be thrive for the rest of her days in prison.

Either way, the DP or LWOP she will not be out to sabotage another poor soul.

Zuri,
I am sure we all agree she would kill again. She has shown no remorse. In her sick brain, she believes she was justified since he didn't want her anymore.

I don't have any doubt the jury will vote guilty of murder 1, premeditated. if there is one holdout, I believe the other eleven will convince him/her that this was premeditated.

I am not certain of the death penalty. She may get LWOP. Either way, she needs to pay for what she did to Travis. Can you imagine being locked away in your thirties for the remainder of your life in a cell? But knowing JA, she would thrive. She isn't like the rest of us.

According to Beth Karas, Jill Hayes is a witness in the NEVERENDING guilt phase, and if Juan gets to, will use her to rebut the DT's final (yeah, right)witness for tomorrow.
I saw that upthread after I posted, thanks. It could be nothing more than a tit-for-tat strategy--IF the judge broadens the scope of Dr. Geffner's testimony, then the state has the option to bring on Jill Hayes. No guarantee that it will be necessary.

Thanks. It just seems so odd that his body wasn't found for 5 days. My coworker didn't show up one morning and someone drove over to his house that afternoon.

Do you live in Maryland? I do. Home of the World Champion Baltimore Ravens.

I bleed black & gold, but I'm really happy that a team from our division won. :congrats:

We'll get ya next year. :slapfight: :wink:

Also it depends on a person's own perceptions of what's "right" and "wrong." There is no doubt he considered Travis a good friend, but you can be friends with someone and not agree with everything they do. Chris was already married with kids, I don't know he and Sky's history, but I'm assuming they got married young and didn't date a lot of people before. He was at one point in his life, and Travis was at a different point...he was married doing the married thing, Travis was single doing the single thing. Sometimes people in these two different statuses can't really understand the other. But obviously it wasn't a big deal to them, they were still very good friends.

I don't understand why people think it's so strange that a young, successful, outgoing man would flirt with women and flirt with as many women as will flirt back with them. I think this is just normal behavior. Even the sexual jokes on text message is normal for young single guys. There are married guys who do the same thing...which is worse? I can't believe the defense is trying to paint Travis in this light. He did nothing wrong...even if he had been having sex with a couple of the women at the same time (which he wasn't), there are many guys who do that, and he was not married so who is anyone to judge that that would be anything wrong?

I want to really scream at the defense when they bring up Travis flirting and how this went against his religion, etc...I just want to say, "it was HIS religion, it was HIS life." If it was going against his "moral code," then it's HIS OWN MORAL CODE, not anyone else's. What I'm saying is that if there was a conflict b/w what he believed and what he was doing, then it was HIS OWN INTERNAL CONFLICT. I don't see how that would affect anyone except him, so I'm not seeing the big deal in that. Hopefully the jury will see this.

Perfectly put!!! ITA!

BBM~ ITA. Jodi would be thrive for the rest of her days in prison.

Either way, the DP or LWOP she will not be out to sabotage another poor soul.

You don't think so? Because I bet if this chick gets LWOP it is not the last time we hear from her. She will do everything she can to be heard. She will have her army of crazy followers doing her bidding for her.. Just like that Donvan.. person.

She will not be silenced.

Oh wow, Jill Hayes is a very beautiful lady.
bio_small.jpg

But I just want this trial to end already. The prosecution's case is so strong, I don't see how any witness the DT can dig up can change that.
Jodi is going to hate her! :rockon:

I don't think it's necessary for Juan to put on another witness. My thought is that the surrebuttal by the DT reeks of desperation and not to mention Dr. Geffner's rep. I have no doubt Juan will handle him and handle him well on cross.

I agree, and actually I will even go one further...I don't think the Prosecution should have even given ANY merit to either of the Defense so called "Experts" Alyce or Samuels. I would have asked them maybe on or 2 demeaning questions, made it known that Arias is basing this so called "Syndromes" on LIES and move on, I wouldn't have even acknowledged them whatsoever. Just stuck to the facts, she planned this crime, she committed an atrocious murder, hide the evidence, cleaned the scene and has LIED AND LIED AND LIED. Giving those so called experts any time is just validating them. That is all this jury has heard for months now is Arias's story, and I worry about that this just is basing their deliberations on those lies and not the truth.

I saw that upthread after I posted, thanks. It could be nothing more than a tit-for-tat strategy--IF the judge broadens the scope of Dr. Geffner's testimony, then the state has the option to bring on Jill Hayes. No guarantee that it will be necessary.

Judge probably won't give it to JM but I would love to see JM be able to have not only 1 but 2 experts saying the same thing. It also eliminates the DT conspiracy between Flores and Horn. It's not like JM takes long, he would be done with this witness in 5 minutes.

Thanks. It just seems so odd that his body wasn't found for 5 days. My coworker didn't show up one morning and someone drove over to his house that afternoon.
It does seem odd given that he missed an important conference call on the evening of June 4 and he was always on his phone, texting, sending emails and then dropped off the map, but he didn't work in an office and kept his own hours, so it's not quite the same. To be fair, people are living their lives, and with Jodi back in Yreka, I'm sure no one thought it was remotely possible that something horrible had happened to Travis, and that he was probably just busy, etc. The roommates were in and out of the house in the days after he was killed and both said it wasn't that unusual that they didn't cross paths. Neither one had anything to do with PPL, so they may not have had any reason to think something was amiss. One had only lived in Travis's home for two weeks, the other since January. Zach (who got the keys to the bedroom) said he knew Travis had a trip to Cancun coming up and thought he'd already left. In retrospect, they saw "signs" that something might not be right--watch and CTR ring in kitchen; laptop in office (phone may have been there too, can't remember). His car was in the garage, but that may not have been that much of a red flag if he took a taxi or car service to the airport or friends gave him a lift when he traveled. Mimi said she became very concerned when he didn't show up for Church on Sunday or at the Family Home Evening on Monday, which prompted her to stop by that night. The trip was planned for Tuesday, June 10.

I think all of us have gleaned and adopted some things from this trial. Yes or no, approach, Einstein, fognesia are some of my favorites. Dogs are learning the command Approach as we speak. :)

And my all time favorite... "Do u have a problem w/ your memory???"!!! Love it! I've even said it to my dh when he's forgotten something! :lol:

It does seem odd given that he missed an important conference call on the evening of June 4 and he was always on his phone, etc. The roommates were in and out of the house in the days after he was killed and it wasn't that unusual that they didn't cross paths. One had only lived in Travis's home for two weeks, the other since January. Zach (who got the keys to the bedroom) said he knew Travis had a trip to Cancun coming up and thought he'd already left. In retrospect, they saw "signs" that something might not be right--watch and CTR ring in kitchen; laptop in office (phone may have been there too, can't remember). His car was in the garage, but that may not have been that much of a red flag if he took a taxi or car service to the airport or friends gave him a lift. Mimi said she became very concerned when he didn't show up for Church on Sunday or at the Family Home Evening on Monday, which prompted her to stop by that night. The trip was planned for Tuesday, June 10.
You would think that his roomates would wonder about the dog penned downstairs, and pup probably got hungry and thirsty, and his family seems so close to him. I'm not suggesting anything but it's just very odd indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver