State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Remember also a jury question for Dr. DeMarte. It was "if a person was attacked by a bear and lied and said they were attacked by a tiger on the test, would that invalidate the test?"
(not verbatim but the main point is there).

Her answer was yes.

Wilmott's returning to this over and over into gopher land (thanks juan!) shows how troubled Wilmott was by that juror question.

Wilmott also attempted to make the answer to that question absurd - an insult to the jury imo.

JW's next question was going to be, "So, are you telling this jury that if a gopher sees its shadow on ground Hog's day it means nothing?"

Wow. It's over. I almost feel like crying for some reason. Such a battle. And i won;t get to watch closing statements because I'm in trial!!!!

Aweeeeeeee Gitana.. you can catch up on youTube..

Promise you'll be with us in spirit!!

Yes, and was the ME moment a Perry Mason like moment or what?! And from a juror!

So. Here's my take on the tiger/bear controversy. It took me awhile to sort it out, but now I get it. I think. If you got attacked by a bear, the sight of a tiger would not trigger PTSD. So that's why they ARE different in terms of the triggering traumatic event. Does that make sense?
Yes, and you wouldn't have recurring dreams about tigers, constantly be on the lookout for tigers, or avoid all mention of tigers.

Wow. It's over. I almost feel like crying for some reason. Such a battle. And i won;t get to watch closing statements because I'm in trial!!!!

(((hugs.)) It must really feel awful to have to miss the closing statements. Youtube, thankfully?

Will HLN run until 2am ??? I feel sorry for HLN watchers !!!

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk 2

So. Here's my take on the tiger/bear controversy. It took me awhile to sort it out, but now I get it. I think. If you got attacked by a bear, the sight of a tiger would not trigger PTSD. So that's why they ARE different in terms of the triggering traumatic event. Does that make sense?
That's right and if you were attacked by a bear the smell of fir trees or the falling snow would be triggers. Walking through a steamy jungle with monkeys running all over might be scary because there could be a tiger in there, but that would not be a symptom of PTSD.

The state goes first. Then the defense. Then Juan goes again. Then deliberations.

Wow. It's over.

And here, I thought it was about JA noting/substituting that "stranger attack" for the (imaginary) abuse by Travis. IOW, it's all based on an event that never happened. You can call it a tiger, a bear...whatever. It NEVER happened. NONE of it. jmo

I know, right? She even verbalizes it by saying "Ok. Great!" :banghead:

And when she can't budge a witness, she STILL says "Ok", but it's more like "oooookaaay, it's YOUR funeral ..." as if the witness is being unbelievably foolish and they will pay for it and be PUNISHED because of it, when the truth is that SHE is the one who looks foolish, frustrated, and PETTY about not getting the answer she wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor