State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This typo stuff has me worried. :dunno::dunno:

Sorry, have to jump in. IMO, in order for the bullet to penetrate the skull the dura would have to also be penetrated. Just a typo, the Dr is human too.

what was the typo....,anyone....

The typo matters. Not to a jury 100% already convinced of her guilt-- which should not be this or any other jury not yet deliberating-- but it sure does matter to a juror who is leaning pro-defense and looking for a justification to argue her/his point of view.

But Dr Horn explained further- that the bone shattered and so there is no way for the dura mater to remain intact in that particular area.

Exactly. If one little typo from the M.E. makes them come back with anything else then they didn't believe in the state's case to begin with.

The autopsy report said the dura Matter (sp?) was intact when it actually was not intact - the bullet pierced it.

It was a type -per the doctor but it was an error on the autopsy report.

It really is no big deal. There was one bullet hole in the skull. The bullet ended up in the sinus. Therefore, the durameter was damaged because the bullet penetrated the skull through the durameter.

It's not like it was a questionable conclusion and he wrote one thing and said another. It's a typo.

It's really not an issue as to any fact.

I am sick over that typo.

Re-posting, since so many are concerned:

ANY bullet wound through the skull with brain adjacent to it would HAVE to penetrate the dura simply because the skull, dura (plus two other membrane layers: arachnoid and pia mater) and brain are like layers smack up against each other.. Too bad the ME was on autopilot (IMO) when he dictated a phrase he has probably dictated 1000's of times ("dura mater is intact"), but given the number and severity of wounds he had to document, it is a relatively minor error since common sense tells anyone who knows any basic anatomy that ANY bullet wound through the skull with brain adjacent to it would HAVE to penetrate the dura. MOO

:seeya: 2 more : "dyed hair" ...

:waitasec: adding another : "NO receipts in Arizona" ...

:waitasec: adding another : "deleted camera photos" ...

What else ? Please add ...

I have to get back to studying -- but checking in with you peeps for updates !

:seeya:

"closet shelves tipping over"

I am majorly impressed one of the jurors caught that error on the ME report. Can't wait to find out what they all do for a living, once this is all over.

The juror asked the question, but the dura mater was brought up in Dr. G's testimony. He and JW stomped all over the pronounciation of the word and discussed how the brain could not be damaged because the dura mater was intact according to the ME's report.

The dura mater is the covering of the brain itself. The bullet passed through the bone, then would have to pierce the dura mater to enter the brain. There are cases where low caliber bullets can enter the bone and not pierce the dura mater. This is not a trivial error in typing. Common sense should prevail, but there are cases out there where the common sense result was not what happened.

This shattered the bone.

1039 people watching....at 10:45 eastern, 9:45 central and 7:45 pacific.

That's damn impressive guys!

Good ... it looks like she is sticking to her word -- keeping them there until they finish this evening !

I hope so ... enough is enough !

:moo:

I do hope the jury had some snacks on the last break. I heard a snip of some guy on HLN saying the appellate lawyers have their antenna up over this long day already: jury fatigue, appeal

Ya know, I've been intrigued by crime stories since I was a teen. But, the first cases I remember following online were Petersen EAST and the Westerfield trial. And I've followed all of the big ones since.

The fact of the matter is...we as a society celebrate the 'Womens Movement' all the while living a double standard.

If JA were a man, this case would have been long over.

I love JM, but I'm not sure it matters what he hammers home and what he has proven. (and IMO he's proved premeditated Murder 1), I don't expect her to be given death. I'm not even sure they are going to convict her.

I remember the Pinellas 12.

JMO

This is the first trial I've really watched since that one I will not discuss....and I'm coming into this one late, and like you I am terrified of another Pinellas 12...it's why I haven't gotten really emotionally involved. I have a knot in my stomach watching this and just hoping the jury sees what most of us seem to.

I just don't get it. What's to agree with? That she didn't plan to go to Mesa, armed to the teeth? That she didn't shut off her phone, fill cans with gas, flip her license plate upside down, call a dead Travis' voicemail, send a dead Travis an email, send his grandma flowers, or write an 18 page letter about ninjas killing Travis to his family?
What am I missing? What is there to hold out for, or onto at this point?:banghead:

I think some of us are still in shock over what happened in FL. :scared::scared:

obviously the ME made a typo and the jury who questioned him knows his stuff and wanted clarification. notice he didn't ask ANY other questions about the report - therefore, that juror was not questioning the legitimacy of the ME report as a whole.

at first I was worried...but im not now since there were no other questions about the reliability of the report.

I think she said Louisiana? She went to LSU, but not for sure that's where she was raised? I don't hear it, since I lived in Texas for 8 years and even started using "y'all" in my daily speech. The first time I said it and didn't "think" about adding it, I screamed and the lady I said it to at the bank laughed her butt off at me! LOL!! For a Cali girl, I was excited! :floorlaugh:

I moved to TX when I was five. From NY nonetheless, so therefore I will never be accepted by the natives, lol! But I could totally hear LA in that slang.

Ok, so I just carried the laptop in the bathroom with me to do my business. Anyone else this sick? lol! Please tell me that some of you guys are, so I don't feel sooo strange. My chihuahua even looked at me funny. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member