State rests rebuttal case - thread #169

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jurors are either playing with this witness or ???????????? Why are they asking him more ME questions than they asked the ME. WTF!

Perhaps they want to be absolutely positive this Witness doesn't know ME things...I'm trying to be kind here

Potential for bias .. keep talking this is great :) Oh this is good, this is so good.

missed some juror questions . .

if you are diagnosing based on outdated data . . .poses problem . . next month DSM 5 but if it way in the past not a good idea

TSI 2 compared to TSI 1 questions?

there are 26 questions new or re-written . . 6 taken out . . . so now 120 some questions

PDS can be valid even if lied about who perp was and when happeend (or what event is)

if lied about the event then yes that is important

i would ask what is going on . . if this didn't happen - i have results that this person has ptsd . . .what else happened . .up to me why does this diagnosis occurring . . why this person showing PTSD . . still gotta figure out why symptoms and do they know enough to fake it. . . that is why you use more than one test . . can't fake over number of tests

lack of hemmorage gunshot wound to teh brain . can it also mean it occurred after death therefore no active bleeding
gunshot occurred after death

depends on how long . . even after death still some kind of blood unless it is so far after no hemmorage but you would still see damage

gunshot to the brain . . to the front side . . soem of the those studies . . they had shotguns . . really incapacittate . .

large guns or short distance - didn't capacity . . . more of those go thru the side = assuming not hit spinal cord or brain stem . . it would have to be pretty major damage to the brain . . incompaciate couldn't move arms or legs

the institute on violence and family trauma - bills out for our servicesw . . general rate $250 per hour - worked in November . . work for few months then don't do anything . . we bill out @ 85 per hour sliding scale for

for myself and others - 70-80 hours . . somewhere around $13K, or $14K back int to the institute . .about 20% of our entire budget with all the other things we do.

direct outcome on tests . . . get people to pretend they have particular disorder . . pretend you have this disorder .. . research looks to people who try to fake it . . it distinguish people from others . . validity scale gives more confidence results correct.

it possible to manipulating MMPI, MCMI, PDS, TSI . . .someone with training i do . . unfortunately you can go on internet tell you about the TSI and MMPI . . whole batery of tests . . do it in a way that doesn't show up as faking - answer 800 or 900 questions or remembering 2 years later exactly what you said if you were faking it would not be possible

don't go crazy over one result . . .someone faking or not real . . should pay attention to it if doing a professional job . . if Dr. Demarte had supporting information would you see it included in her report
she did indicate support borderline . . . most of these had to do with things afte the incident - after the itneraction with TA . .

he doesn't know if they are accurate or not . . . .based on her report . . . you can't meet one when 14 and one when 25 and one when 38 . . you have to have a pattern prior to the event . . if you have that . . doesn't give you the right to eliminate . .

objeciton -sustaiend

common to score high on anxeity when close to a tria . . . elevated not clinical significant not always the same

spent in jail - possible of death or life in prison cause elevation why assume these traits from 2008
not my role - i never evaluated - i never assumed that
objection - sustained

when you evaluated thse tests did you know they were jA's
i knew they were hers i didn't know her

do you think what you knew of the test . . if i knew about details of thecase . . there is a potential for bias . . follow an agenda if i had one . .
she was on trial for murder for killing ex-boyfriend . .. we look @ the tests . . .

i would n't venture to know what was goingon . .

one more question in the basket
please approach

omg did he just admit to bias or agenda in the past? lol

This Dr is not compensated, but ALV was? Somebody's lying.
This expert isn't compensated directly. The State's not cutting a check in his name but rather to his non-profit foundation that pays his salary. He's certainly being paid - even if it's not directly by the defense itself.

LaViolette though would likely be paid directly since she's in private practice.

JMO

Awesome questions!!!!!!!

Liar. He didn't know of this case? C'mon. Do the jurors have STUPID written on their foreheads?

exactly! plus, only seconds before that question he said he knew of JA and being on trial for murder

Glad Geffner said he only knew she'd been accused of murdering her ex-bf. Yep, that's what this is about. Travis Alexander was in his own home in the shower.

:skip: Yay! Wonderful. I'm doing a little prance and dance!!!!!

I call BS on him not knowing anything about this case prior to being approached to testify. I'm sure he and his good friend ALV discussed it. I call liar, liar, pants on fire. :furious:

LOVED that juror question though. Jenny from the block doesn't look so happy with her witness after those questions. ;)

Someone needs a big reality check if they think this expert has refuted the ME

If they wanted someone to refute the ME's report... wouldn't the prudent thing be to get another ME to give an opinion? LOL. What does a psychologist have to do w/ any of that? Even a psychiatrist would have been a better choice since they go to medical school.

I swear.

One thing's for sure — at least some of these jurors are paying attention to every detail of testimony (and retaining it).

How did he find out 'little bit more about it' ???

I'm very curious about that!

And again with his staff... So basically I'm taking that as his staff ie those with as much or maybe less than the experience of Dr DM wrote up the report that he is using to testify... Righttttt??

He's been on the case since November. And yet did not know till 2 weeks ago that he would testify. Is it DT strategy? Was he backup when the others failed? What? Was he on DT's wintess list? Or a last minute addition to throw prosecution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper