State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I was him, I would have tried to throw in some comments like I'm so sorry I had the affair(s), I really did love her and she will never know now that's she's gone. I'm so regretful of this. She didn't deserve this, sob sob sob, and my poor daughters.......

True. But the problem that I have is that everything he says goes to shine good light on himself. She had only been dead a couple months at this point. He has NO emotion either way. He would be more authentic if he said...well, ya know, she was going to leave me and I cut her off financially. He shows no anger over the divorce, no sadness over her death, no emotion. He is a strange guy. JMO

BBM

I honestly believe that is something his lawyers worked with him on before the deposition. Remember, this is for custody, the whole point of something like that is to cast yourself in the most positive light possible so it can be seen you are fit to raise the child(ren).

Nancy seems like the kind of person that looked at the best in people. When she found out about the affair, she could not believe Brad would do that.....even to the point that she felt guilty in thinking that he did. I think she never knew him...shocked when he cheated and the horror and shock she must have felt when he attacked her that night.

If I was him, I would have tried to throw in some comments like I'm so sorry I had the affair(s), I really did love her and she will never know now that's she's gone. I'm so regretful of this. She didn't deserve this, sob sob sob, and my poor daughters.......

Again, do not discount advice he was given by lawyers prior to this deposition. He may have been instructed on how to answer certain questions, as well as how to act.

If he did do some of what you're saying, how many of you would immedietely dismiss it as him being fake, which is even worse.

But it's like he doesn't even KNOW what response might be appropriate. I really think it was a Freudian slip when Kurtz acidentially called him "Mr. Computer" in the defense opening statements.

:floorlaugh: Ohhh BR you should be a script writer.....only problem is one would have to be able to act which is NOT an asset Brad has. In fact He seems to be flat, (seething) then he explodes..Not such good background for acting :floorlaugh:

did Brad ever call Police regularly to find out how the case was progressing

BBM

I honestly believe that is something his lawyers worked with him on before the deposition. Remember, this is for custody, the whole point of something like that is to cast yourself in the most positive light possible so it can be seen you are fit to raise the child(ren).

I am certain you are correct in that he was prepped to show his very best side. But he comes across as being so darn fake that it makes the point of being a good parent moot.

did Brad ever call Police regularly to find out how the case was progressing

I don't recall any testimony about his calling. He probably didn't--if anybody called it was probably the Rentz family.

I missed it. what happened?

Sgt Waddell came into chambers and told the judge.
The Judge immediately cut him off and said he could not be privy.
He made mention for the record and said "he had an idea" who issued the subpoena

Right now, and let me qualify and repeat, SO FAR, the depo is really helping Brad and his defense, if one is not looking for sinister characteristics that are throw willy-nilly.

Seems like the names NC called him were pretty spot on.

I am certain you are correct in that he was prepped to show his very best side. But he comes across as being so darn fake that it makes the point of being a good parent moot.

It's a no win situation (at least as far as most people's views of him on this forum). Most of you already had a pre-determined POV of him beforehand so if he doesn't say anything he's uncaring but if he does he comes across as fake/not meaning it.

I'm not excusing his behavior (during the deposition), just trying to present a different point of view (one who had no pov of him prior to the depositions).

Right now, and let me qualify and repeat, SO FAR, the depo is really helping Brad and his defense, if one is not looking for sinister characteristics that are throw willy-nilly.

I am sure the pros have evidence to prove that most of this is all lies...this depo has already showed that either Nancy's family lied or Brad lied

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kwanyin2#