State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is much more relaxed when talking about his income, stocks or his money. Can answer in details when it comes to numbers. His hands actually stay still! When it turns to personal relations...he is not so comfortable.

IMO, playing the whole depo is an EXCELLENT decision by prosecution. He won't be taking the stand in his murder trial, and you get the FULL Brad effect.

Think about if JY had a full depo on file for his custody case. :)

exactly - it's like having him testify against himself and then the defense can't undo any damage. Fairly brilliant.

Also - his SALARY was only $105K with a 2x a year bonus - 7% in Feb, then the "balance" in September. Total of up to $30K (and that's exceptional - usually - it's predicated on 14% for Cisco employees at his level - and stars get more and they get more if Cisco does well.

That's not a lot of take home pay for 4 people living in Lochmere, with preschool, car payments on a used beamer. Assume he takes home about 60% of his salary (deduct taxes, 401K, stock purchase, some health care expenses for family, SS, etc) and that's $5250 per month take home.

2 mortgages - with property taxes and insurance - probably $2200, car payment - maybe $500, credit card issues probably $500 (between the credit card and the Amex), 401K loan - likely $400 a month deducted right from pay... so - now we're down to: $1650 per month and we've not paid heat, water, cable, gas, food.... $300/week is likely what they had left.

We made out wills, with an attorney, when our children were very young, mainly to name guardians of our children should we both die at the same time, like a car wreck or something.

Very wise of you. Unfortunately most young couples either dont even think of that possibility ..and its devistating when something aweful happens. I for one did the will thing after divorce..kids were 4-8 and understood the consequences IF their welfare wasnt looked after :innocent:..

Now with grandbabies..I must update it..Shouldnt put it off too long..as time is flying by!!:crazy:

wasn't it Brad that approach Nancy's Dad for money early in the marriage

I think it seems so odd because Nancy was killed, NOW if this was just a custody depo between himself and Nancy most wouldnt think twice about it.
Guess, what I am saying is we are watching this thru a completely different spectrum or point of view. Brad truly has a problem with being forthcoming when any question is asked about what he does, who he knows, what he did etc...But has a very good recall on Nancy's friends, habits and how she conducted her life...

Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus...Totally different perspective on life :crazy:

I never thought about that angle -- good point. Does he truly not know the names of work friends or simply not have any? If his problem is just plain shyness (word?) -- it would make a little more sense, tho not much. I don't think he is overwhelmingly shy -- that's not it. Je ne sais quoi.

Yeah, but why the detail on NC's side, as you said. Now that IS odd to me. And, if he weren't the guy that I think he is, it would be sad for him. But I got no pity, ma'am.
icon11.gif

Wow...wonder if the home security system was on on the evening of 7/11 and morning hours of 7/12...and what it would show?

He's talking about the bear painting--he said she purchased it over his objections. The money that her parents gave her--the lump sum of $24,000, hasn't been mentioned yet.

Aside from the fact that he probably murdered Nancy, these hours of depositions are exactly why I do not like him as a person. Without even considering the murder, he just strikes me as being an *advertiser censored**hole of a human being. I appreciate that you and others feel differently than I do and I respect your thoughts. I have said from the first week of this trial that I simply do not like Brad Cooper as a person so I'm sure that emotion has helped drive my thoughts on his guilt of murder.

Believe it or not, I don't like him either. But (I think) I'm able to compartmentalize me not liking him as a person and me considering whether he murdered his wife. They are actually two distinct things.

When he gets uncomfortable his "tsk" reflex kicks into high gear.

I agree NCEast. I'm not sure I like him as a person. But I really cannot see the evidence that he murdered NC either.

It seems so much of the Lochmere Housewives tesimony is slowing being explained away and I feel that Brad was in the right (financially speaking). NC was out of control and it would not have taken me that long to put her on a budget.

Let me be clear on that -- he did not leave Nancy high and dry financially. He was most likely trying to the family from bankruptcy.

Why was her engagement ring at a jewelry store??? And why did his attorney object to that question.....and A. Stubbs let it go?

OMG, it really p's me off that he said she bought the painting making her look bad when they commissioned the painting together as her father testified to!
You can't just cancel it, you commissioned it! He was mad at her for buying it when he was up in Canada with her they said they wanted the same bear painting and then ordered it! Total lie! geez.

Believe it or not, I don't like him either. But (I think) I'm able to compartmentalize me not liking him as a person and me considering whether he murdered his wife. They are actually two distinct things.

I'm sure your way is healthier than mine.

222 mortgage 70k in equity... OMG.. I didnt hear this part before.. I must have skipped it.. they were really in debt, this was no joking matter.. I have 10k in credit card debt and we thought we were doing bad!

I never thought about that angle -- good point. Does he truly not know the names of work friends or simply not have any? If his problem is just plain shyness (word?) -- it would make a little more sense, tho not much. I don't think he is overwhelmingly shy -- that's not it. Je ne sais quoi.

Yeah, but why the detail on NC's side, as you said. Now that IS odd to me. And, if he weren't the guy that I think he is, it would be sad for him. But I got no pity, ma'am.
icon11.gif

I, like you, have no pity for Brad, He possesses a personality of detachment! Why, we'll never really know...He has absolutely no ability to see things from any other's perspective..He lacks feelings, empathy, understanding..and I do think Nancy realized this way back before children..and its too bad she didnt act on that feeling:banghead:

I agree NCEast. I'm not sure I like him as a person. But I really cannot see the evidence that he murdered NC either.

It seems so much of the Lochmere Housewives tesimony is slowing being explained away and I feel that Brad was in the right (financially speaking). NC was out of control and it would not have taken me that long to put her on a budget.

Let me be clear on that -- he did not leave Nancy high and dry financially. He was most likely trying to the family from bankruptcy.

If agreeing to your thinking, and there may be validity to BC trying to keep them from bankruptcy - what are your thoughts on who murdered NC?

Sheriff bailiff subpoenaed in this case:waitasec:

Yeah -- what is that all about? Is that "normal"? I've never seen it. Who issued that subpoena? Did he have anything to do with this case before this trial? (Like you know!) Just thinking out loud.... Odd.... Curiouser and curiouser...
icon5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member