State v Brad Cooper 4-8-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
These July 2008 affidavits by Brad's "friends" were related to him being a fit parent and not a murder suspect.

Remember, Brad never talked to friends about Nancy or the kids in any way.
Brad was extremely private, except for his self-serving triathlon attention.

Apologise..but just how does this person fit into this cas?..I have been so side tracked today..I missed most of it..just a synopsys would be helpful for me TYIA :waitasec::waitasec:

LyLo--Today was nothing but watching/listening to the child custody depositions. Somewhat boring to those who have watched in the past. They dismissed at 1:15 for the day and will finish watching the depos on Monday morning. The only odd thing that happened was that the judge, coming back after a short break, commented that a deputy sheriff had tried to speak to him in the judges chambers about having been subpeonaed in the case and Judge Gessner cut him off quickly. He just wanted to get it out to both sides that he didn't have a conversation with the deputy so as not to taint anything. Otherwise, a very dull day with respect to the live trial.
On here, it's been the usual...maybe less posts. Some thought about how Brad didn't do it and how he is being railroaded. I am convinced he did but I am also very willing to read or think something that would change my mind. I am just simply ready for some evidence in this case.
This is probably filled with typos--ran through it too quickly.

Yes, he or the defense team did hire a private investigator.

Kurtz hired the PI to interview witnesses, not look for the 'real killer'.

Going on a wild goose chase using state funds would have been inappropriate.

Thank you for not answering my question, a simple yes or no would of been sufficient.

I didn't know if he did or not. I was expecting you to tell me that he did and the PI found these conspirators and knew who the real killer was.

These July 2008 affidavits by Brad's "friends" were related to him being a fit parent and not a murder suspect.

Remember, Brad never talked to friends about Nancy or the kids in any way.
Brad was extremely private, except for his self-serving triathlon attention.

Are married people not supposed to do training? I can't believe how much criticism he's received over this.

And remember, it was Brad who was caring for the kids the night of the party and caring for them that evening after leaving to allow her time to socialize. These were her friends but he still took the time to stop over. It all seems so normal to me as an outsider.

Kurtz hired the PI to interview witnesses, not look for the 'real killer'.

Going on a wild goose chase using state funds would have been inappropriate.

So, what was the Cary PD doing? Saving the tax payers money? (Mostly in jest, but not entirely)

Does anyone know how this case fell into Cary PD's lap?

From what I can tell, that is unincorporated Wake County and should have been WCSO.

LyLo--Today was nothing but watching/listening to the child custody depositions. Somewhat boring to those who have watched in the past. They dismissed at 1:15 for the day and will finish watching the depos on Monday morning. The only odd thing that happened was that the judge, coming back after a short break, commented that a deputy sheriff had tried to speak to him in the judges chambers about having been subpeonaed in the case and Judge Gessner cut him off quickly. He just wanted to get it out to both sides that he didn't have a conversation with the deputy so as not to taint anything. Otherwise, a very dull day with respect to the live trial.
On here, it's been the usual...maybe less posts. Some thought about how Brad didn't do it and how he is being railroaded. I am convinced he did but I am also very willing to read or think something that would change my mind. I am just simply ready for some evidence in this case.
This is probably filled with typos--ran through it too quickly.

Thanx so much.. NCEast!!!!! appreciate that...Now all I need to know how MM fit in..and all the spec. about 2 different affidavits on same day??..I am pdf disabled..so cant read what someone kindly posted..Yikes Have I said before I hate Microsoft Vista System :loser: It doesnt allow my browser to open PDF files..Gerrrrrr

2 1/2 days is a long time.
He has been extra firm every Friday afternoon.

Kurtz didn't just say sloppy...he said inept and corrupt.
That was a big mistake.

Why was it a mistake? From what I have seen that description is accurate.

In addition to 1st degree murder for CD, johnfear may be suggesting JA (and possibly others) could be charged with:

1- Obstruction of justice
2- Conspiracy to commit murder
3- Accessory to felony murder
4- Perjury

I must say, such a plot twist would sure make a movie sell:popcorn:

In addition to 1st degree murder for CD, johnfear may be suggesting JA (and possibly others) could be charged with:

1- Obstruction of justice
2- Conspiracy to commit murder
3- Accessory to felony murder
4- Perjury

I must say, such a plot twist would sure make a movie sell:popcorn:

Sounds about right, I think 1,3 and 4.

Yes, it does seem incredible that this could happen but it does happen. Look at the Duke Lacrosse case. By the way, it would be interesting to see how many people here thought they were guilty all along. I had doubts on that one from the very beginning. Nancy Grace sure got that one wrong.

Does anyone know how this case fell into Cary PD's lap?

From what I can tell, that is unincorporated Wake County and should have been WCSO.

Not just CPD, Donnie Harrison was also convinced she was killed in her Cary home, so he walked away.

Are married people not supposed to do training? I can't believe how much criticism he's received over this.

And remember, it was Brad who was caring for the kids the night of the party and caring for them that evening after leaving to allow her time to socialize. These were her friends but he still took the time to stop over. It all seems so normal to me as an outsider.

I happen to agree with this.

right now, while I think he did it (too many coincidences, motive, means, opportunity and a few other theories) I think that the BDI (Brad Did it) folks lose credibility when they take the same action (exercise) and call it okay for Nancy and narcissistic or evil for Brad. Same thing with money / spending (prior to the separation agreement)

I don't believe that EVERY SINGLE action that Brad every took was nefarious in nature. Prior to the murder - no one would have painted him as a monster - so it's unfair to go back in time and paint him one then. testimony was that she pursued him, he and Nancy did go out and do things as a couple, he was somewhat involved with the kids (even if mostly at her insistence) but - you can't take everything that was done or said and think it points to him being a monster.

I think this is why so many point to Nancy's bad behavior- not as victim bashing - but - again take your thoughts about him being guilty aside for a moment - and much of his behavior can be explained by a poor marriage and an upcoming nasty divorce.

To not acknowledge this, to me, seems to point to the inability to consider his innocence - something that we all hope to be open minded about, I think.

JMO

Sounds about right, I think 1,3 and 4.

Yes, it does seem incredible that this could happen but it does happen. Look at the Duke Lacrosse case. By the way, it would be interesting to see how many people here thought they were guilty all along. I had doubts on that one from the very beginning. Nancy Grace sure got that one wrong.

The Duke Lacrosse case?
Pleeeez

Thanx so much.. NCEast!!!!! appreciate that...Now all I need to know how MM fit in..and all the spec. about 2 different affidavits on same day??..I am pdf disabled..so cant read what someone kindly posted..Yikes Have I said before I hate Microsoft Vista System :loser: It doesnt allow my browser to open PDF files..Gerrrrrr

I have Vista and I can read PDF files. There may be some little program you have to install to enable it. I'll check on that.
The MM affidavits are somewhat contradictory--both given on the same date, one was for Nancy's family in the child custody case, the other given on Brad's behalf for the same reason.

The 2 MM affidavits are actually a day apart. The "Rentz" one is July 23 and the "Brad" one is July 24. I think the first one goes into much greater detail than the second.

I happen to agree with this.

right now, while I think he did it (too many coincidences, motive, means, opportunity and a few other theories) I think that the BDI (Brad Did it) folks lose credibility when they take the same action (exercise) and call it okay for Nancy and narcissistic or evil for Brad. Same thing with money / spending (prior to the separation agreement)

I don't believe that EVERY SINGLE action that Brad every took was nefarious in nature. Prior to the murder - no one would have painted him as a monster - so it's unfair to go back in time and paint him one then. testimony was that she pursued him, he and Nancy did go out and do things as a couple, he was somewhat involved with the kids (even if mostly at her insistence) but - you can't take everything that was done or said and think it points to him being a monster.

I think this is why so many point to Nancy's bad behavior- not as victim bashing - but - again take your thoughts about him being guilty aside for a moment - and much of his behavior can be explained by a poor marriage and an upcoming nasty divorce.

To not acknowledge this, to me, seems to point to the inability to consider his innocence - something that we all hope to be open minded about, I think.

JMO

I am with you totally on your last paragraph. I said just a few minutes ago that I am looking for anything to read or see or hear that will cause me to stop and rethink my position on Brad. I have stated many times that I would be the very first who doesn't want an innocent man to spend the rest of his life in prison. I don't like Brad as a human being but with that said, it would be simply horrible for him to be found guilty if he didn't commit the crime.
I'm still trying to figure out what our own JF has up his sleeve with respect to somebody else. And if I'm thinking correctly he mentioned last night that somebody who has already testified knows more (than she?) has owned up to or has testified to. Maybe just the painting story? I just can't grasp how any of Nancy's friends could be involved, or even have the most insignificant hint of information, and not come forward with it.
Still thinking........

The 2 MM affidavits are actually a day apart. The "Rentz" one is July 23 and the "Brad" one is July 24. I think the first one goes into much greater detail than the second.

Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members