State v Bradley Cooper 04-18-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I think the judge is trying not to blow a gasket. And now to have the state say that the defense is planning on bringing in something through this cross and may make the state not rest! :worms:

Oddly though the Judge is allowing it, I think someone talked to him that is over him in the courts about his attitude. I liked the other defense attorney that they wre doing their job in defending their client.

We're well over a month into this. I think we are finishing up week 6 (or 7).

I may be wrong but I think last week was week 7.
Too long for both sides, and all of us.

The judge is staring at the ceiling. I would take that as a hint, Mr Kurtz.

Judge: Concerned about wasting the jury's time....not as concerned about this as other people SHOULD be!!

Gotta love the judge....

I feel like we've been down this road already today.

I may be wrong but I think last week was week 7.
Too long for both sides, and all of us.

Opening statements were March 9th. So this is day 40. If you include jury selection, this would be the beginning of week 8.

what is the difference between the defense claiming that everyone did a bad job and the defense doing an extremely bad job!!!!I would love to see a contempt in this trial

Here's the issue that I see: this is a power point that they were using to help direct their investigation. This power point has not been introduced as evidence. Kurtz is picking apart each idea that was presented in a work product power point. As a work product, things changed as the investigation went on. This is crazy!!!! MOO

So prosecution can parade half the population of Cary across the witness stand to say BC had an affair HM and that is considered building a strong case but the defense questioning the Lead Detective on inconsistencies in his statements and testimony is a waste of time.

I am SO TOTALLY LOST. Why are they going over all of this again?

During the break, Det. Daniels went through the power point documents and highlighted the things that he noted/said (as opposed to other detectives). Kurtz is trying to show inconsistencies in what was written versus what was testified. The judge previously would not allow these because they were work product.

Judge: Concerned about wasting the jury's time....not as concerned about this as other people SHOULD be!!

Gotta love the judge....

NOT! He is not in the right line of work. I hope after this case, he takes a very long vacation and reconsiders his career path.

I am SO TOTALLY LOST. Why are they going over all of this again?

I am not really sure either. I know the ppt will be in evidence but not sure how all these discrepancies will be addressed to the jury. Hopefully they don't go over them ALL again when the jury comes out...

Here's the issue that I see: this is a power point that they were using to help direct their investigation. This power point has not been introduced as evidence. Kurtz is picking apart each idea that was presented in a work product power point. As a work product, things changed as the investigation went on. This is crazy!!!! MOO

But it does show what the detectives were thinking/doing at that point in time...and does show that stories, opinions, etc. have changed since the original investigation.

I am not really sure either. I know the ppt will be in evidence but not sure how all these discrepancies will be addressed to the jury. Hopefully they don't go over them ALL again when the jury comes out...

Have *we* seen the power point presentation?

Trial started 5 weeks & 3 days ago. On the afternoon of March 9. Estimates initially were the trial would take 6 to 8 weeks.

Oddly though the Judge is allowing it, I think someone talked to him that is over him in the courts about his attitude. I liked the other defense attorney that they wre doing their job in defending their client.

Indeed, they are doing their job at defending BC. It is in their right to do just that. Someone possibly did talk to him. I was surprised.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966