State v Bradley Cooper 04-19-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who here thinks the Judge will allow this witness to testify as an expert?

This is not the case in which to be your first. No one there is "going to be gentle."

<sorry, couldn't resist>

Although Kurtz is begging the judge with prior cases making a witness be qualified while i'm writing this, I don't think the judge is going to allow him. I think he is useless and I don't feel in my gut that it is because the State fears they have something. This guy doesn't know where he went to the bathroom last let alone as much about computers as the FBI or BC for that matter.

Never been tendered as an expert EVER before.

Who here thinks the Judge will allow this witness to testify as an expert?

I think Kurtz has a point.

ETA: According to the definition of an 'expert witness' that Kurtz just read, this guy will be allowed, IMO.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
@
@hotpinkstef Wake County Assistant District Attorney Boz Zellinger is questioning the witness.

Witness: "Why would I need that hardware?"
Zellinger: "Because you were examining a computer in a MURDER investigation?"

Priceless.:floorlaugh:

Sensational but extracting data was done by the FBI so it was just trying to be dramatic for his Honor. Kurtz getting into that now...

I think the judge will allow him, but Ward and Kurtz better have a crash course in courtroom testimony fast. imo

Guessing Cisco will have an entire new department reviewing who is taking what, who is borrowing what and who returns what equipment.

Seems quite similar to Brad *borrowing* Cisco equipment for home usage. I wonder if the prosecution will be allowed to cross exam on that subject.

If Boz thinks this guy is so freaking incompetent, why doesn't he let him testify and then rip him apart? Is the ADA in danger of a kitten event here?

poor thing, may have been looking for a new career path...we'll see what the judge says

Exactly!! Those expert defense witnesses make big bucks! Huge bucks! He's looking to bump his company up a few notches - and failing miserably!

Job seeking opportunities for this witness based on his courtroom appearance today are not looking good. This situation no matter how it is resolved by the judge is going to make work life difficult for him. To expensive for defense to qualify/defend their own witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member