State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kurtz: MS Outlook can set up rules to move or change the "read" status for mail. Did you look at this? Agent: No #coopertrial

Agent was asked to look at 6:40 am on July 12, 2008 on computer; no evidence it was used to make a call. #coopertrial

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Defense: The state says Brad used computer to generate a call from his house. You found no such evidence. FBI agent: I did not. #coopertrial

But, why didn't they depose them before the trial? I thought a good attorney never asked a question if they didn't know the answer already?

They requested the information and it was denied due to concerns over trade secrets, homeland security, etc. It is detailed in the emergency petition. You can't depose when you are not given access. They clearly did their homework as to what their suspicions were, got some answers today, and put it on the table.

all missing evidence is on the Sony laptop...what an expensive throw away

FBI agent says he wasn't aware of the tampering allegation & did no special investigation into that issue. He wasn't asked to.

If the defense really felt they were guilty of tampering, they would have been on this like a duck on a june bug before it went to trial, imo. These are only allegations with no substance, imo. imo imo imo imo

They were on this prior to trial. It's in their motion from February.

What a slap in the FBI's face. What in the world would their motive be? Preposterous!!!

Kurtz is not alleging the FBI tampered with anything. He is alleging that CPD did. We will have to wait. He is going to have an expert and he claims said expert will prove that it did occur.

So much back and forth between what prosecution says then defense comes out and asks about possibilities and they get 'a possible' response. Kind of cancels out witnesses and jurors will be left putting the puzzle together in deliberations. That said still waiting for defense case.

Closing argument by each side will have to be extremely powerful.

Email 10/10/2006 showing Sony VAIO was purchased for someone else and that's why it could not be produced. #coopertrial

all missing evidence is on the Sony laptop...what an expensive throw away

100%, palomine! And ... when LE went to search circa time BC was initially charged - the l/top was not found. I recall a news release to this effect a while back; said to my hubby ... this "loss" was purposeful!

I'm going to find that article and post it back here within a day! (self challenge, LOL) :great::great:

#coopertrial just broke wide open...apparently files modified on Brad's computer once it was out of his possession.

But, what files were modified? Sorry if I am repeating myself, but I just don't understand how this is proving anything? If LE did something to the computer, what are they showing that they did to make BC be guilty?

100%, palomine! And ... when LE went to search circa time BC was initially charged - the l/top was not found. I recall a news release to this effect a while back; said to my hubby ... this "loss" was purposeful!

I'm going to find that article and post it back here within a day! (self challenge, LOL) :great::great:

Looks like this is not the case. See the post right above yours.

Purchased for someone else in 2006.

So much back and forth between what prosecution says then defense comes out and asks about possibilities and they get 'a possible' response. Kind of cancels out witnesses and jurors will be left putting the puzzle together in deliberations. That said still waiting for defense case.

Closing argument by each side will have to be extremely powerful.

The defense case really isn't needed. The prosecution hasn't proven anything.

But, as a non-techy type person with only basic knowledge, which I think is the case with the average Joe...I would think..okay, forget about what might have been and look at what is...the defense is not saying" what is" on there is inaccurate, I would go with what is on the computers and phones etc. and that is not nice stuff. JMO

Email 10/10/2006 showing Sony VAIO was purchased for someone else and that's why it could not be produced. #coopertrial

Well that takes care of the "all the missing evidence is on the Sony laptop" theory.

It is difficult to gain any useful information on file modifications without knowing details on what files were modified, and if they were actually modified rather than accessed.

Some files and/or programs will have a change in access dates just when a computer boots up. There are programs that index the hard drive and/or scan for virus infections that would change the access dates, but not the contents.

Oh, and I am an IT guy, and I have been using Internet Explorer since 1988. I sometimes use FireFox, but IE is my primary browser and has been since Netscape Navigator kept crashing at version 2.11. :seeya:

ETA: IF the CPD were trying to tamper with the computer to make BC look guilty, they did a REALLY poor job of it. Why not change the system date and time, then fire up Google and search for stuff like "Strangulation 101", "Spouse Killing for Dummies", "All I needed to know about Murder I Learned in Kindergarten"? That would leave a far better trail, IMO.

But, what files were modified? Sorry if I am repeating myself, but I just don't understand how this is proving anything? If LE did something to the computer, what are they showing that they did to make BC be guilty?

We don't know yet. I think this goes back to earlier testimony of how the computers were kept in CPD. They said they kept them locked up with the battery out (IE: powered down). So how did files get 'updated' (or something else) after the fact before it got to the FBI?

It may not prove anything as far as guilt/innocence, but it may lead to some truth about what defense is claiming about CPD. And I think we all remember what bad police/detective work does to a case (see OJ).

But, as a non-techy type person with only basic knowledge, which I think is the case with the average Joe...I would think..okay, forget about what might have been and look at what is...the defense is not saying" what is" on there is inaccurate, I would go with what is on the computers and phones etc. and that is not nice stuff. JMO

And what exactly is on there that isn't nice stuff? He read her emails...big deal. What else?

Cross ends, redirect. Trying to clear up Sony VAIO, agent doesn't know who bought it. #coopertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966