State v. Bradley Cooper 4-12-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OT///N&O news this afternoon is that Cisco is cutting/slashing many jobs. Hope none of our WB folks will be involved in this.

Cisco Systems announced a major restructuring today that is sure to send shudders through the company's facility in Research Triangle Park and other sites worldwide. The computer networking giant said this morning it is planning to cut 550 positions throughout the company in the fourth quarter of this year.

Primarily in the consumer product space. Things like Flip, Umi, etc. I always hate to see job loss. The restructring is a smart move by the company. Hopefully those folks will be re-purposed.

And what exactly is on there that isn't nice stuff? He read her emails...big deal. What else?

What else??? Like he was sent to the shops with a small shopping list and forgot, say, the eggs???

He snooped unbeknown to NC, into her private mail ... and that deserves far more than a smidgen of a casual "so what" response in your post?

That action of BC's is truly invasive, calculating, cunning and exceptionally devious, IMO. He wanted ALL the inside info on NC and was prepared to give her zero, zip, ZILCH in return.

What a waste of human plasma, IMO.

I've no idea to be honest... I just know that if a computer has been powered off for a while and it is powered back on it isn't unreasonable for a whole slew of files to get modified so that's just my hunch as to what happened.

There was no reason to power the computer on period.

Computer forensics depends on the computer NOT running, just making copies of and analyzing the data on it. Just like DNA evidence, etc, it must be handled with the utmost care in order to admissible in court under most circumstances.

At the very least this is extremely sloppy work by CPD...

I believe the defense atty is once again counting on people (jurors) not understanding how some things work. Sure you can set up rules in Outlook but you can also simply select "mark as unread" for a particular email after you have read it. For example, I can read an email on my cell phone and when I look on my computer, it is no longer black and bold. It is greyed out showing that it's been read. If I go back to the cell phone, select that email and then select "mark as unread", it is now back to being black and bold on both the phone and the computer. No rules required.

I agree with you. Quite honestly, I had assumed the FBI used a different, more detailed technique for determining whether an email was read or not instead of simply going to Outlook and seeing it's no longer bold.

As was pointed out yesterday...that type of stuff happens frequently in a divorce situation.

Disagree. Only with people without any integrity. Just going through something awful, does not excuse awful behavior, but rather shows a persons true colors. JMO

I agree with you. Quite honestly, I had assumed the FBI used a different, more detailed technique for determining whether an email was read or not instead of simply going to Outlook and seeing it's no longer bold.

Lord have mercy, I hope so too. I can't imagine that their techniques haven't evolved any more than that.

What else??? Like he was sent to the shops with a small shopping list and forgot, say, the eggs???

He snooped unbeknown to NC, into her private mail ... and that deserves far more than a smidgen of a casual "so what" response in your post?

That action of BC's is truly invasive, calculating, cunning and exceptionally devious, IMO. He wanted ALL the inside info on NC and was prepared to give her zero, zip, ZILCH in return.

Sure it is disgusting. But it in no way ties him to murder. Now if they had showed some email that he read that night that could have set him off, then that would be different. But with regards to this trial, the fact that he read her emails is a "so what" in my opinion. It doesn't make him a murderer.

As was pointed out yesterday...that type of stuff happens frequently in a divorce situation.

Just curious, but is that how you teach your children? Right and wrong is of no consequence 'because that type of stuff happens frequently'? < shakes head here > We spend a lot of time teaching the grandson's the difference between right and wrong, moral and immoral, nice and not nice, etc. My daughter is especially fervent on 'tattletales'. Don't like hearing "I'm tellin'" .

You make it sound like this doesn't happen more frequently, especially where there are issues are trust in a relationship.

I'm not condoning it, but it happens more than you think.

Even I believe he read her emails.

The witness stated that he did not see BC read the emails, other than knowing the emails were forwarded is it possible for the witness to know if they were actually read?

Yeah, I was just referring to Mr. Kurtz's question as to whether or not he was aware that you could set up rules in MS Outlook and whether or not the agent had looked at that. Honest answer: "No". Answer he would like to give: "No. What does that have to do with this?"

Let me make sure I understand this: the witness for the State who was accepted as an expert in the field of computer forensics testified that there was NO EVIDENCE that Brad's computer placed the 6:40 phone call. Wonder what the next masked and dumb (as in, can't speak) Fibby is going to testify about?

Something as simple as that would only require a subpoena and analysis of the IMAP/POP servers for TWC (that controls her nc.rr.com account) for just her account. It is marked in there and quite easily spotted when an email has been marked read, then unread, and marked again read.

I believe the defense atty is once again counting on people (jurors) not understanding how some things work. Sure you can set up rules in Outlook but you can also simply select "mark as unread" for a particular email after you have read it. For example, I can read an email on my cell phone and when I look on my computer, it is no longer black and bold. It is greyed out showing that it's been read. If I go back to the cell phone, select that email and then select "mark as unread", it is now back to being black and bold on both the phone and the computer. No rules required.

And rules can easily be changed. :waitasec:

You make it sound like this doesn't happen more frequently, especially where there are issues are trust in a relationship.

I'm not condoning it, but it happens more than you think.

And, in fairness, I think NC did some snooping too, right? She found a "list" in his office? He was obviously more savvy about snooping though.

That doesn't mean he's a murderer though.

You're right, it is disgusting.

No, I agree, it doesn't. I'm of the opinion of the multitude of CE adding up. But that's neither here nor there on this matter. IMO it does take a certain lack of integrity, lack of morality, on the part of a person though. MOO < I love to MOO > :great:

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
FBI agent Johnson is now off the stand. Jury taking a short break. Next, the final FBI agent testifies. Again, no livestream. #coopertrial
25 seconds ago

So... Was there any progress today at all? Doesn't look like anything meaningful came up from what I see.

FBI agent Johnson is now off the stand. Jury taking a short break. Next, the final FBI agent testifies. Again, no livestream. #coopertrial

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966