State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's a huge deal if they do allow the information from the "fathers losing custody of their children". If he was browsing that site, and that article (asphyxiation) was there, anyone could be interested in reading it. It (to me) doesn't even come close to implying he was planning to stage a suicide. Now, if he did a google search specific to "how to stage a suicide", that would be different. JMO

I think the pros. would rather it come in for the asphyxiation content than the suicide content, imo.
Thanks goodness nothing mysterious has happened to my dh, LE would not like to see my computer, i would imagine. :innocent:

I don't think it's a huge deal if they do allow the information from the "fathers losing custody of their children". If he was browsing that site, and that article (asphyxiation) was there, anyone could be interested in reading it. It (to me) doesn't even come close to implying he was planning to stage a suicide. Now, if he did a google search specific to "how to stage a suicide", that would be different. JMO

If that website had the potential to paint their client in a positive light / as a caring father who was so distraught - the defense would not have objected to it's inclusion in the trial so vehemently.

NC's method of death does make it relevant, IMHO.

There is NO COINCIDENCE IN MURDER.

It's relevant! Bet the jurors will think so too!

JMHO
fran

I don't see the connection. It's suffocation versus choking. (I hate even talking about this kind of stuff).:(

I've not looked at the site but if it is giving "directions", I'm assuming there are things like where to apply pressure, how long it takes, etc.

It would not be relevant if she had died in some other manner. Since she died as a result of asphyxiation, it is very relevant to the crime. MOO

It's a slippery slope because she wasn't killed to make it look like suicide.

This is what the pros. said:
Prosecutor: Website shows what went on in Brad's head. Perhaps he was going to make it look like Nancy committed suicide.

But the fact that he didn't make it look like this means he wants the jury to go to that assumption, which is originally why the judge sustained it.

It's a slippery slope because she wasn't killed to make it look like suicide.

That is very true although it could have been a thought in the early planning process. I believe that website was accessed first in Feb. '08.

Do you agree though that the Police have a tendency to become jaded towards all after experiencing things like above? That once you become jaded it changes your perspective? Or that there are also LEOs and Pros that have huge egos that influence them and cause bias?

Trying to catch up here, so I apologize for going back, but that argument goes both ways. Defense attorneys can also become jaded and have big egos with agendas. What if, perhaps for Kurtz, this case is less about whether or not he thinks BC is innocent, but rather about furthering his career trying to overturn precedent regarding FBI analyzation methods? All the way up the system he goes.....

OT - these tweets on #coopertrial are making me want to gouge my eyes out. I really want to respond, but I have my tweets protected. Tempted to unprotect them and have a go at it.

That is very true although it could have been a thought in the early planning process. I believe that website was accessed first in Feb. '08.

Right but legally, can you infer that assumption to the jury? The fact that the site was accessed in February (and not sooner) may also play a part in this.

Anyone could have found this information unless it has been deleted in which case you might need some advanced tools to retrieve the data. Assuming that Cooper never deleted his internet cache it would be there for anyone to see. In Firefox you can easily find out where these files are located by entering about:cache in the address bar where you would normally enter a URL. In IE is is usually located at C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files. You can zoom in on the site where the NC's body was found and see for yourself that there will be a .jpg file which is an image file showing what you zoomed in on.

This sure didn't work for me. There are 4 sub-folders in that subdirectory and they were all empty. I used IE to search google maps and zoomed in as tight as I could. Nada.

Choking causes asphyxiation. I believe if you choke someone, the COD is still asphyxiation, or at least asphyxiation by choking, versus chest compression, smothering, etc.

Suicide / asphyxiation website NOT GOOD for BC - anyway you look at it.

This is so O/T - after all this geek-speak, like gracie's spellcheck, I do need HELP! I'm so flipping dumb with IT stuff - it's scary. True - which is why I loved SleuthSlayer's "layman lingo" analysis on the techie side of the case - I "saw" what was going on (tks SS!!).

:truce:

OK: for last week l/top whirrrrs, slows & freezes to "this program is not responding"! Before this happens I see a lil blue box, center screen:

"A script has become non-responsive or is failing to respond. Click Cancel to stop script or Continue to see if it will rectify".

I click Continue and have valid anti-virus. Is this a bad sign - or simply puter-arthritis? Is it minor ... or time to get a newer model? TIA.

If no response - no worries. I'll probably fade along with it, hahaha.

Choking causes asphyxiation. I believe if you choke someone, the COD is still asphyxiation, or at least asphyxiation by choking, versus chest compression, smothering, etc.

Suicide / asphyxiation website NOT GOOD for BC - anyway you look at it.

The methods are different though. Does the site go into all forms of asphyxiation?

All My Children and One Life to Live canceled

"All My Children," "One Life to Live" to air final episodes Sept. 2011, Jan. 2012 respectively

Right but legally, can you infer that assumption to the jury? The fact that the site was accessed in February (and not sooner) may also play a part in this.

If it comes in as evidence, during closing argument they can. Before she was killed he looked up:

1. how she would die (choked to death)
2. where she would be dumped.

I have a question, is the site in question, alt.suicide, a newsgroup? Was Brad posting on a ng?

The best crime would have been to make it look like she killed herself. I guess he figured she wouldn't cooperate so he had to go to plan 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gerardclori