State v Bradley Cooper 4/14/11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
VoIP CCIE does not imply any knowledge of OS and filesystems.

It most certainly does. If you install and configure Cisco VoIP you have to screw around with the operating system and filesystems, particularly if you are troubleshooting.

What he said was fine if you are not going to give me the output then you have to tell me how you got the output, one or the other. For the prosecution to simply say we have output and you can't have it and take advantage of the judge not understanding the technical argument by answering the judge's direct question evasively is a problem.

I agree with this. They are giving the defense no way to CE the witness about the central basis of their defense. IMHO a big mistake on the part of the judge.

Merely publishing a report would be unlikely to expose any new capabilities the FBI might have and Zell's assertion that it hurts child *advertiser censored* cases is almost an out-right lie.

The grand jury process is a farce, and it could result in innocent people sitting in jail pre-trial. But, a convinction requires twelve citizens to agree based on evidence which can rebutted in an open forum by representatives of the defendant with the defendant present. As well, in a trial the defendant is often allowed to allude to various conspiracies or missing witnesses, evidence, etc., even when there really is no evidence of such.

Trials are not perfect, and rules of evidence are confusing, but it is a reasonably balanced process.

Not if the Judge rules that you have no right to look at the evidence.

it is strange Brad never thought of the temp internet files Maybe on work computer that is kind of a backup for cisco..to see who is working or surfing the net

It most certainly does. If you install and configure Cisco VoIP you have to screw around with the operating system and filesystems, particularly if you are troubleshooting.

The CCIE lab, the OS is already installed and there is no troubleshooting aspect for the lab. It is simply a mad house effort to configure features and make call flows work as expected.

And yet it is done frequently. In our rather small area of the country, Raleigh/Durham, look how many young, upper middle class mothers have been murdered in the recent past. Nancy, Janet, Michelle, Kelly, I'm sure the list goes on, someone help me here...?

I know very sad indeed. Kind of makes me paranoid.

Perhaps he simply hadn't gotten around to it yet? Maybe he hadn't planned the murder would take place as soon as it did. Something that happened that night accelerated his plans. But for JA's quick response, 'missing Nancy', he would have had the time to clean this up too. Swing by on his way to the museum with the kids.

IMO I don't think he knew for certain that he was going to kill her that night when he went into work that morning. I think he was still formulating the plan when the argument at the party threw him over the edge. I believe he would of thought the 'fake phone call' plan a little through, perhaps make it more cleaner than it was.

The Judge said no to the Defense. Think of it this way. Remember the old man FBI guy that talked about the cell phones? Pros objected that Defense wanted to ask about an email that explained some software. Pros said that the witness didn't have that email so Defense should not be able to question him (this was before we foundout witness did have it, but that doesn't hurt my initial example). Anyhow, the Pros said because the witness hadn't seen that exact email and had discussion on it then he would not be able to comment on it. Now the Pros is saying, you can run your own, yes, it will be different data output, but you can question the witness on that. The Pros wants both sides of the fence, and then muddies it up more by bringing in National Security as to why the Defense could not look at what the Pros is saying is evidence against him.

Do you see the disconnect? How can Defense question the witness on something that has a different data output if they run their own when he needs to ask witness about the data that the witness found when he ran his report? It makes no sense.

Defense did not want the process or procedure, he jsut wanted the final output so he could see what was being used as evidence so he could question it.

This hits the nail on the head. I hope they are able to get this point across to the Judge at some point.

Perhaps he simply hadn't gotten around to it yet? Maybe he hadn't planned the murder would take place as soon as it did. Something that happened that night accelerated his plans. But for JA's quick response, 'missing Nancy', he would have had the time to clean this up too. Swing by on his way to the museum with the kids.

I tend to think that Brad did intent Friday Night was THE NIGHT, especially after he saw the response from the Realtor about getting alternate housing for Nancy and the kids. And he had had the prior 2 weeks or so to scope out Fielding Drive, prepare his spoofing calls, etc etc... I'll bet he had made himself a check list to hide, get rid of evidence, create his alibi, BUT the 2 monkey wrenches were1) She fought back, and she made a mess downstairs in that foyer, and had to do alot more house cleaning than he expected...I think Brad did his dump of Nancy during the dead of night, and spent the rest of the night cleaning like mad...In the end, altho he thought he had covered his cyber tracks ( being the super Tech Expert) is yikes..FBI was able to find things he thought he had deleted..2)He thought he had more time to that..Drat those nosey friends, neighbours!! Drat the police alerted to her being missing before he was ready..Drat Drat Drat!

Cant wait for Det Daniels to climb up on that stand..Im ready for this guy to start weaving all these circumstantials to be woven together...:seeya:

I think it is a major deal, there could have been some very important information on her cell phone that we needed to know.

The proof of CPD tampering with NC's phone (however accidental it likely was), gives even more reason why the defense needs to be able to see the entire FBI report!

Oh, I completely agree!!! My husband served 20 years in law enforcement. At the end he was busting into crack houses on drug raids - but he had his fair share of all calls over his years. Nobody really appreciates them for what they do every day. My husband's very first call on his first night on duty at a large metropolitan city was the murder of a woman by her husband in a domestic violence situation. A few years later he was in a house with a husband who was holding his family at gunpoint - wife and kids - my husband wouldn't leave the house until he got those babies and their mom out some 7 hours later - then was forced to exchange gunfire with the husband. It fries my butt when I hear people badmouth the police!!! I know what the chances are - I lived with the chance I'd lose my husband 24/7.

Salute your husband - and you, too, less. There are far more dedicated, brave, good cops - and forces - out there than there are bad ones; especially when you think of the ratios!

Peace and ... justice for all!

The Judge said no to the Defense. Think of it this way. Remember the old man FBI guy that talked about the cell phones? Pros objected that Defense wanted to ask about an email that explained some software. Pros said that the witness didn't have that email so Defense should not be able to question him (this was before we foundout witness did have it, but that doesn't hurt my initial example). Anyhow, the Pros said because the witness hadn't seen that exact email and had discussion on it then he would not be able to comment on it. Now the Pros is saying, you can run your own, yes, it will be different data output, but you can question the witness on that. The Pros wants both sides of the fence, and then muddies it up more by bringing in National Security as to why the Defense could not look at what the Pros is saying is evidence against him.

Do you see the disconnect? How can Defense question the witness on something that has a different data output if they run their own when he needs to ask witness about the data that the witness found when he ran his report? It makes no sense.

Defense did not want the process or procedure, he jsut wanted the final output so he could see what was being used as evidence so he could question it.

would you really want the FBI showing their cards so that all criminals, pedophiles have access

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Chappell: 692 files on Brad's computer modified after it was seized. I checked every one & they were all automatic updates. #coopertrial
1 minute ago

I am having a hard time buying that.

wral WRAL NEWS in NC
Chappell: 692 files on Brad's computer modified after it was seized. I checked every one & they were all automatic updates. #coopertrial
1 minute ago

Thank you for posting all of these.

Oh, I completely agree!!! My husband served 20 years in law enforcement. At the end he was busting into crack houses on drug raids - but he had his fair share of all calls over his years. Nobody really appreciates them for what they do every day. My husband's very first call on his first night on duty at a large metropolitan city was the murder of a woman by her husband in a domestic violence situation. A few years later he was in a house with a husband who was holding his family at gunpoint - wife and kids - my husband wouldn't leave the house until he got those babies and their mom out some 7 hours later - then was forced to exchange gunfire with the husband. It fries my butt when I hear people badmouth the police!!! I know what the chances are - I lived with the chance I'd lose my husband 24/7.

Do you agree though that the Police have a tendency to become jaded towards all after experiencing things like above? That once you become jaded it changes your perspective? Or that there are also LEOs and Pros that have huge egos that influence them and cause bias?

would you really want the FBI showing their cards so that all criminals, pedophiles have access

Heck, they might as well do a you tube video and put it on the web just like "how to make a bomb," or "here's how you can circumvent airport security." OMG - people slay me with their rationale. Yeah, let's just show everybody HOW to get caught sending child *advertiser censored* around the world - never mind that innocent babies are raped and murdered for some sick SOB's satisfaction, so long as the sick SOB's attorney makes a handful of dough and gets their client back to his cushy life of disseminating child *advertiser censored*. :banghead:

This was his answer:

Det. Chappell: That's consistent with what I found on his computer. The fact remains, it was at a high level of magnification. #coopertrial

So he didn't give him a yes or no answer, just a safe 'that's what it looks like' answer.

Basically though, isn't this evidence 'prints on the gun'? There is no reasonable explanation why he would have a high level of magnification of the dump site a day before she went missing. Even if you play devils advocate and think this was done purposely by CPD, what kind of expertise and coordination do you thing that would take? And what would be the motive behind it? Because they didn't like BC? Because they want to preserve Cary as a place where no murder can take place?

It's just really a stretch that you would have some cops buy into framing this guy by putting high magnification images of Fielding on his work computer. Why wouldn't they had done that on his home computer and change the date to the morning of July 12th, where it would make a ton more sense?

Playing devil's advocate here:

Because they needed to create evidence late in the game and you can't do that easily physical evidence at that point? Just a thought.

Does anybody know off-hand when the image of the hard drive in brads computer was taken and was that done by the FBI or CPD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo