State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Going from memory, but prosecution is objecting to part of the interview with JP where they talk about "A guy named M*****l". I believe that guy is the one NC called right after the STD test results.

Actually the defense doc says that was someone named Tim

I am catching up while listening to the non-jury arguments still going on.

Two things I noticed with JP.

Halloween night, JP came downstairs from taking a shower to find NC on her living room couch. Why was he taking a shower upstairs at the Cooper house?

JP keeps looking anxiously at the prosecutors while testifying.

And form the discussion about the second interview, about Michael and other stuff. Get back from lunch by 2:00.

I am catching up while listening to the non-jury arguments still going on.

Two things I noticed with JP.

Halloween night, JP came downstairs from taking a shower to find NC on her living room couch. Why was he taking a shower upstairs at the Cooper house?

JP keeps looking anxiously at the prosecutors while testifying.
And form the discussion about the second interview, about Michael and other stuff. Get back from lunch by 2:00.

I noticed that too, but since I was having trouble hearing the pros. I couldn't tell if he was waiting for an objection or if he was hearing an objection.

The wife's time card issue is the only major thing I've seen with this witness. He was worried about covering his butt with a solid alibi for the night of the 11th and the morning of the 12th.
I missed that part. Can you recap?

I had mandatory training this morning and I am sooooooo lost here.

A short recap--SH finished up with direct and cross--absolutely nothing came from him. Then JP--and it's been a wash back and forth between the opposing sides about a taped interview JP gave to the CPD. They had to send the jury out--we were blacked out--while they played the tape for the judge. Decision made to use it to impeach JP's testimony--by Blum. JP on the stand for about an hour after all of that was done and he has been caught in a few minor lies--mostly phone calls--between he and Nancy in 2007 and 2008. Now the jury is at lunch and the pros. is still wanting parts of the tape edited out. That was what the whole thing was about this morning--the defense edited the tape last night and only this morning gave the prosc. their copy--with the redacted hearsay, etc. The prosc. never had a chance to listen to it.
I'm sure I am leaving something out....somebody else can fill in the blanks. But it's been uneventful with respect to testimony or anything that we haven't read or heard before. The whole slant is that Kurtz is implicating that JP may have been the murderer. JP asked his wife a year after Nancy's death to get a copy of her time card--interesting that he wanted proof that he was somewhere else. He spent the night of the 11th with HM and picked his kids up on the morning of the 12th so he's pretty much covered with respect to that.

I just want to say this. JP was with HM. HM was with BC. JP has lied and said he has had no contact with NC since the cofee shop talk. Also, Kurtz would not taken this case if he that BC did it. He already had been appointted cancel from the state, Trenkle. IMO there will be more bombshells before this trial is over. This Judge is horrific and I hope I would never ever have to go in front of him. He is totally pro prosecution and then we have the "good ole boy network in play too" I really dont think BC did this even if he did there is absolutely no evidence to say he did it is just "gut" feeling. I would hate to know that he would sit in prison for the rest of my life for "gut" feelings.

A short recap--SH finished up with direct and cross--absolutely nothing came from him. Then JP--and it's been a wash back and forth between the opposing sides about a taped interview JP gave to the CPD. They had to send the jury out--we were blacked out--while they played the tape for the judge. Decision made to use it to impeach JP's testimony--by Blum. JP on the stand for about an hour after all of that was done and he has been caught in a few minor lies--mostly phone calls--between he and Nancy in 2007 and 2008. Now the jury is at lunch and the pros. is still wanting parts of the tape edited out. That was what the whole thing was about this morning--the defense edited the tape last night and only this morning gave the prosc. their copy--with the redacted hearsay, etc. The prosc. never had a chance to listen to it.
I'm sure I am leaving something out....somebody else can fill in the blanks. But it's been uneventful with respect to testimony or anything that we haven't read or heard before. The whole slant is that Kurtz is implicating that JP may have been the murderer. JP asked his wife a year after Nancy's death to get a copy of her time card--interesting that he wanted proof that he was somewhere else. He spent the night of the 11th with Heather and picked his kids up on the morning of the 12th so he's pretty much covered with respect to that.

There is some sort of irony there that HM is his alibi.

The wife's time card issue is the only major thing I've seen with this witness. He was worried about covering his butt with a solid alibi for the night of the 11th and the morning of the 12th.

Maybe I heard him wrong but I think he asked her to look at the time card in 2011. Maybe that was after Det. Daniels visited him and told him he might be called to testify. Perhaps DD had a heads up that Kurtz may try to implicate him?

I'm sure I am leaving something out....somebody else can fill in the blanks. But it's been uneventful with respect to testimony or anything that we haven't read or heard before. The whole slant is that Kurtz is implicating that JP may have been the murderer. JP asked his wife a year after Nancy's death to get a copy of her time card--interesting that he wanted proof that he was somewhere else. He spent the night of the 11th with HM and picked his kids up on the morning of the 12th so he's pretty much covered with respect to that.

Thank you NCEast. Nice recap!

To me that says that he felt he was being investigated which is contrary to what the defense has claimed in terms of the CPD not looking anywhere else. MOO

I just want to say this. JP was with HM. HM was with BC. JP has lied and said he has had no contact with NC since the cofee shop talk. Also, Kurtz would not taken this case if he that BC did it. He already had been appointted cancel from the state, Trenkle. IMO there will be more bombshells before this trial is over. This Judge is horrific and I hope I would never ever have to go in front of him. He is totally pro prosecution and then we have the "good ole boy network in play too" I really dont think BC did this even if he did there is absolutely no evidence to say he did it is just "gut" feeling. I would hate to know that he would sit in prison for the rest of my life for "gut" feelings.

What makes you say that? I mean if that were the case, then there'd be a whole lot of defendants running around out there with no attorney. How could you possibly even know how Kurtz operates? He may be of the type that he doesn't want to know if his client did the crime. Other attorneys want to know every single detail.

Maybe I heard him wrong but I think he asked her to look at the time card in 2011. Maybe that was after Det. Daniels visited him and told him he might be called to testify. Perhaps DD had a heads up that Kurtz may try to implicate him?

I may be wrong but I thought he said he asked her to get a copy of the time card a year after Nancy's death.
Your reasoning sounds more in line with what's going on but I thought he asked JP twice when it was and both times he said a year after Nancy's death.
Anyhow, the twist is interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members