State v Bradley Cooper 4-26-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting ready to hit the ignore button for the first time in my Websleuths short history. I feel all proud, like it's a milestone.

To me, that points more to "not guilty". If BC killed her, why in the world would he tell police NC never ran alone? And why, when he heard the location of the body, would he tell LE "she would not have run there".?

I think a lot of what he told LE in the early days of this were lies that he had to tell without much forethought. He thought LE would not become involved until she had been missing for 48 hours. I think a lot of what he said and told on the 12,13,14 of July were statements not very well planned or thought out because he ran out of time well before he was actually ready.

Getting ready to hit the ignore button for the first time in my Websleuths short history. I feel all proud, like it's a milestone.

A few of us have hit that milestone on this trial. I've even openly begged some people to ignore me... to no avail.

I think a lot of what he told LE in the early days of this were lies that he had to tell without much forethought. He thought LE would not become involved until she had been missing for 48 hours. I think a lot of what he said and told on the 12,13,14 of July were statements not very well planned or thought out because he ran out of time well before he was actually ready.

And when he figured out that he didn't have his storyline down very well, he googled a little something else - a lawyer. He didn't want to step any further into the doo-doo than he already had (prolly what happened to the shoes - they had *advertiser censored* all over them because by then he was up to his knees).

When building our "who slept with whom" cheat sheet, we should allow for the possibility that might include members of the same gender.

Math can't be equated with a human being. A Brad Cooper human being that did everything in the world different on the morning of July 12 than he'd ever done before and there is truthful testimony that bears this out. And that is just the beginning. I keep remembering the testimony from Det. D. that Brad never once called to see how the case was progressing. The R. family called daily, or more. That says a lot all by itself.

You have absolutely no way of knowing this. No one that has testified in this trial knows BC at that level. No one that has testified in this trial has lived with BC (calgary123 didn't testify in this trial). All we have are the words of a friend, though dead now, embellished stories when she was alive. And we do have testimony in this trial about that.

"He did not withdraw and/or pay Nancy her allowance on that Friday."

You pay EVERYTHING you are supposed to, everytime, all the time?

"He was the last person to see Nancy alive."

Never proven.

"He lied about being asleep and yet was on the computer checking her emails."

You try to account for EVERY little thing you did, for EVERY moment, when you just found out your wife was missing.

"He made two odd trips to HT within minutes of each other on the same morning, wearing two different shoes, wearing a zip up jacket zipped to his chin, and long pants on a July hot, humid morning in North Carolina."

Getting milk for a child to drink is odd? Mornings, regardless of the time of year, can be chilly. Plus the STORE can be chilly.

"He knew exactly what item of clothing Nancy had left on her body when she was found."

He knew ONE item of clothing he said she was wearing because she always wore it.

"He did not call the police when his wife did not return home from a "jog."

He did not call the police at 8 AM when his estranged wife was one hour gone from a two hour run?

"He did not call any hospitals or emergency rooms in trying to locate his wife.
He did not answer his cell phone from calls while he was "searching for Nancy.
He did not return a phone call to a police officer even after a voice mail was left when his wife was missing and he was "searching" for his wife."

He was driving around looking for her and didn;t answer his cell from an unknown number. They owed MONEY, there was probably a LOT of unknown numbers they didn't answer.

"Items were missing from the home that have never been produced."

I would bet dollars to doughnuts that I could take TEN random items from your home, and not only would you never miss them, you would never realize you had them in the first place.

"He laundered the dress she wore the night before rather than produce it to the police when they asked for her clothing."

Washed at her request, before he knew she was murdered.

"The trunk of his car was so spotlessly clean that not one hair, lint ball, or speck of dirt was found."

And despite NOT being dry cleaned, not a speck of DNA either.

"His computer has a google search of the very spot his wife's body was found on the day before she went missing."

With questionable time stamps and missing .cur files.

"He had the knowledge, means, and equipment to produce a fake call to his cell phone."

Yet NO proof was offered that he was in POSSESSION of the equipment, or that he made the calls.

"He was found to be in possession of a diamond necklace that his wife never took off."

Despite photos of her without it.

"He did not produce the two right shoes missing from NC's cache of running shoes."

That were NOT her size.

"He did not question police as to where his wife was found or by what means his wife was dead."

What DO you ask when they tell you we found your wife's body?

"Having an affair with his wife's best friend and lying about it certainly does."

Makes him a cheater, not a murderer.

"Doing it in the closet while his/her children are steps away certainly does."

Again, pervert, sexual deviate, but not a murderer.

"Screaming and yelling with his wife in the parking lot of his daughter's school in front of his daughters certainly does."

You mean like she did to him at the party?

"Not showing one ounce of emotion over the death of the mother of his children certainly does."

Yeah, maybe he should have CRIED in public to prove his innocence...like Susan Smith.

"Removing your wife from all financial accounts and withdrawing any access to any marital funds without telling her certainly does."

At the suggestion of the financial advisor.

"Not paying the utility bills to the point of disconnect and yet not leaving your wife means to do so certainly does."

Yet spending like a drunken sailor on clothes and other stuff, like SHE did, when the bills were not paid was okay?

"Following your spouse to the gas station to monitor the amount of gas and money certainly does."

Was he MONITORING her, or using his credit card to pay for it? I mean he COULD have just let her have the credit card, cause we ALL know how good she was with that, huh?

"Traveling to foreign countries and flinging it up with a foreign chick certainly does."

Again, sexual pervert does not mean murderer.

"Spying on your spouse's email accounts certainly does."

Not uncommon in a divorce situation. Not RIGHT, but again, not MURDERER.

"But we've been through all of this before and people can talk until they're blue in the face and it won't change minds either way. I know I will NEVER believe that the entire Cary Police Department framed BC"

I don;t think they framed him, I think they screwed up CRUCIAL evidence, focused on him solely in the beginning, and when they didn't have the evidence, had to make what they had seem worse, because if not, they had to admit they dropped the ball on other stuff.

"No, Brad did this to himself. He did this all by his lonesome - just what he deserves to be for the rest of his natural life - lonesome... no children, no family to visit, and no friends. Such a pathetic loser."

So he is GUILTY, regardless of what the jury says? That is why jurors get excused.

When building our "who slept with whom" cheat sheet, we should allow for the possibility that might include members of the same gender.

That's the second time I've seen you mention that. I do believe you might know a little something. Care to share?

At what point does private veer into secretive? At what point does keeping things to yourself verge over into leading a double life with plans to move to another country? For that matter, how private is adventuresofbrad? All this privacy stuff in light of that is kind of confusing.

What I learned today is that NC rolled around on the sofa with JP - YEARS ago. Wait, I already knew that.

What I learned today is that Mr. Lopez is torn up having to testify to something the defense will use to acquit Brad.

What I learned yesterday is how silly all this was going to run wasn't going to run stuff is. Yesterday I told someone I was going to the gym and then didn't go. Had you asked her she'd have said, yep, gym for sure. I ended up going for a walk instead, and never told the person I walked with that I'd planned to go to yoga. Not because I was hiding anything. Because I changed my mind. Ask HIM and he'd say no, not the gym, definitely not, a walk was definitely planned.

Monday and Tuesday have gone by and I'm still thinking - so?

Well the silliness of trying to prove she had planned to run is a direct result of the states case. They presented witnesses saying she had no plans to run so that Brad's story wasn't possible. So whether she had plans to run or not play a huge factor in this trial.

I think the timing matters based on the birth of NC's second child.
So all the defense would have needed to do would have been to conduct a DNA test to get their answer to that question. If they already know that she is indeed Brad's offspring, how gallant of them to bring this into the realm of discussion at the expense of the youngest daughter. I guess anything to try to get off a murder charge, eh?

What I came away with was, even these total strangers, meeting nancy just that night, both came away feeling sad and frightened for her. Both husband and wife. IMO, they too would have panicked and called the cops if nancy had gone missing the next day. Donna Lopez said 'something bad is going to happen in that house'. and Ricardo Lopez said nancy looked sad, depressed and exhausted. and he felt extremely sorry for her. It's no wonder her close friends and family quickly feared the worst.

But that wouldn't have answered the question I asked. So I'll ask it again. If you had not watched his testimony prior to that tape being played, would you have doubted at all that NC had plans to jog on the 12th based on the sincerity in his voice and the details he offered around the statement?

You have absolutely no way of knowing this. No one that has testified in this trial knows BC at that level. No one that has testified in this trial has lived with BC (calgary123 didn't testify in this trial). All we have are the words of a friend, though dead now, embellished stories when she was alive. And we do have testimony in this trial about that.

Brad affidavits addressed some of this.

So all the defense would have needed to do would have been to conduct a DNA test to get their answer to that question. If they already know that she is indeed Brad's offspring, how gallant of them to bring this into the realm of discussion at the expense of the youngest daughter. I guess anything to try to get off a murder charge, eh?

Why don't they just get a DNA sample from the little girl? Oh yeah, a family court took the kids away from him prior to him even being charged and gave permission to take them to another country. Well, at least they can see the records and evidence from THAT case, right? Nope.

O/T: For anybody following the Casey Anthony Case: Judge Perry handed down three more rulings today: The cadavar dogs are coming in! The evidence of the heart sticker is coming in! The hair banding is coming in!

great news, what about that 'human form shape' was it in the trunk of the car??

Examine each of the issues you outlined in your post. Bills paid--somewhat, $300 a week allowance--also included having to pay for groceries for a family of 4, the BMW was not new, not having to work--Nancy WANTED to work, nice house--that they were perhaps on the verge of losing, nice friends--maybe, frequent parties--those weren't going to last much longer,,,,look at all of those very couples who have split in recent years. No more parties for them.
You may be comparing your lifestyle with the wrong people. If you have love in your home, with your child or children, that is much greater than anything else you could ever have or want. Materialistic things are just that--things. Love is what life is about.

You seem to be posting things as fact that are not. NC did not buy groceries for four, she bought for herself and the children, and BC still picked up incidentals. BC bought his own groceries. Groceries for one adult and two children under five should not have exceeded even $100 a week. Even AS testified to that. NC's BMW was new. No matter how you try to justify it, $300 a week was not pocket change.

Not even Brad believes his youngest daughter was conceived by a different male. That little stunt was created courtesy of the defense. Brad's affidavit specifies that he is the biological father of both his children. The children look like him, especially the youngest.

But that doesn't stop people from grasping onto that juicy little rumor because people love juicy gossip and some people will believe anything a defense attorney throws out into the ether.

great news, what about that 'human form shape' was it in the trunk of the car??

Handed down last week by sexxxy JP...it's in too, sister.:woohoo:

ETA: And by sexxxy JP, I mean Judge Belvin Perry, not the JP in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member