State v Bradley Cooper 4-27-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL...thanks! :needdrink:

I don't know -- we're rather beyond that by now, I think.

Bring on The Macallan!!
icon14.gif
(But who's gonna pay??)

When I was about 2 1/2 years old, I grabbed the neighbors duck by the neck and started swinging. Got in trouble. I feel like I am 2 1/2 all over again.....WAAAAHHHHH!!

And.....this time, I am NOT letting go!

I wonder if the CPD knew what the ultimate importance of the ducks was going to be when they were searching the house?

That's a good point. We're saying all this about ducks in hindsight.

I really don't get the whole duck thing. I mean, if there was an imprint of a duck's profile showing somewhere, then okay. Beyond that, it's just...a duck. Could just as easily have been, IDK, something from the kitchen?

I do think it won't have gone over all that well with a restless jury who are worried about their lives and jobs, though. It will come across as a game. Which is the name of the game, but their time is likely what matters to them at this point, on a personal level.

yep, that is a great example. You got it! With that example, WE really is of authority.

You've obviously never sat for an NC GJ. It's a lot of fun if you like cops reading truncated pieces of reports at a high rate of speed and hearing the word "Next" after every single indictment is true-billed.

Could someone who knows much more about the legal system than me please explain this?

It's my understanding that the state wants to introduce the new Cisco router/call log information. But the state has already rested. And is this new evidence? Doesn't it need to be turned over to the defense?

Not taking sides here, I just don't know enough about all the rules. Personally, I am very interested to hear exactly what this evidence is.

That's a good point. We're saying all this about ducks in hindsight.

I really don't get the whole duck thing. I mean, if there was an imprint of a duck's profile showing somewhere, then okay. Beyond that, it's just...a duck. Could just as easily have been, IDK, something from the kitchen?

I do think it won't have gone over all that well with a restless jury who are worried about their lives and jobs, though. It will come across as a game. Which is the name of the game, but their time is likely what matters to them at this point, on a personal level.

My mom collected wooden ducks. They sit flat on a table, and the flat edge
is a sharp edge if held properly in the hand. I used to pick them up all the time. I know my ducks.

It is problematic since so much was made of the ducks.

Oh oh oh ... a she was able to open an account in Raleigh, but we heard that Nancy was unable to do it. Oh boy. We have heard so many things that were simply not true!
The state's case has been circling the drain ever since their first few witnesses. I believe that sound I just heard was that of it finally landing in the sewer. CPD and the prosecution team should be ashamed of themselves.

You think he took time to pack boxes on Saturday?

If he merely wanted to put away only the ducks, that would have taken 5 minutes -- find a box, stick 'em in it. On to the green dress.

You've obviously never sat for an NC GJ. It's a lot of fun if you like cops reading truncated pieces of reports at a high rate of speed and hearing the word "Next" after every single indictment is true-billed.

Never watched a trial until this one. have no interest in crime, except to protect myself and my family. have heard the guilty verdict pronounced. You're right. I'm just a lay person.

Could someone who knows much more about the legal system than me please explain this?

It's my understanding that the state wants to introduce the new Cisco router/call log information. But the state has already rested. And is this new evidence? Doesn't it need to be turned over to the defense?

Not taking sides here, I just don't know enough about all the rules. Personally, I am very interested to hear exactly what this evidence is.

I think they were making a point about the defense already having the evidence, as it's on the defendant's hard drive? The question was whether prosecution was going to call an expert witness, and would the defense have time to line one up. I might be mistaken, but I think BZ said that they may not have an expert - just the guy from Cisco to testify what's there. They made it sound like what's there is evidence of a connection to the Cisco network 7/11 Fri night at 10 p.m. - a connection that would involve the mysterious vanished router.

That's way bigger than a duck, yes? If the router was there 7/11 and wasn't there a couple days later, then clearly someone got rid of it for a reason. Do we know that nobody got rid of ducks for a reason? The duck stuff is confusing me.

The state's case has been circling the drain ever since their first few witnesses. I believe that sound I just heard was that of it finally landing in the sewer. CPD and the prosecution team should be ashamed of themselves.

I do believe, at this point in time, that the CPD put too much emphasis and importance on the words of the friends and neighbors--somewhat letting them guide the investigation in the early stages. The prosecution had only the work of the CPD, and the friends and neighbors, to guide them to trial. Unfortunate all the way around and probably several lessons learned the hard way that will be long remembered.

Who knows. It sounds like something they should save for the re-trial at this point. I think it's going to further confuse the jury and probably obfuscate the previous ruling on the gentleman who was excluded from testifying and open a whole new can of worms.

Also, the Defense made it known that it would drag the trial on further and cause all new motions, but that they had received discovery.

I love how no one thinks this is nuts. (Umm, we didn't have the router for three years, but it magically appeared. We had no system to track it at Cisco, but we remembered this one thing that allowed us to find it on RTP's campus.)

I hope this backfires for both sides at this point. (Since you guys all think it was in an HT dumpster on 7/12/08 and the defense thought it didn't exist)

I bet if the router stays, the long M named guy is back in on the computer forensics to review it AND make commentary on the rest of this.

Who knows. Maybe it is proof of the spoof.

This is what confuses me. Why wouldn't you, if you were BC, go get the ducks and say here, test this duck bill for dna. You won't find any. Ha ha ha. If I was innocent and accused of killing somebody with a duck, that's what I'd do.

Told by whom?? Bradley?? Like vultures picking over roadkill?? That is sick...:sick:

Told by Mrs. Cooper, Brad's mom. Isn't this the same thing that happened in the Peterson, Scott that is, case? IIRC wasn't it Jackie Peterson who changed the locks on the Peterson house, and allowed the defense team full access and authority of the household goods?

Never watched a trial until this one. have no interest in crime, except to protect myself and my family. have heard the guilty verdict pronounced. You're right. I'm just a lay person.

That comment was just a reference to the word "authority" with regards to a true bill. (Assembly line would be a better set up for it)

Interesting that you chose to say crime is what you would choose to protect yourself and your family (that's a joke)

:)

I don't know if you remember, but JA said the pic of the black duck from the fridge was NOT the duck that was in the foyer. (We know now she was mistaken).

No one has claimed the black duck was ever in the foyer.

Since I was out most of the day, I'm just listening to the videos now (while cooking dinner!). I do not find LH's testimony offensive, rude, or anything? First of all, when she introduced herself as a mechanical engineer, I thought - ok, that's it. She is not going to be Ms. Personality (sorry to all you engineers, but you're not usually the life of the party in my circles!). She is matter of fact, but is talking about what a great person NC is - is saying absolutely nothing derogatory about either of them?

Why was she being bashed?

Update on juror: Employer asked her to submit resignation. She did not. Judge orders sheriff's office to talk with employer.

Would love to know the employer so that I could never do business there again. Grrrrrr.

I hope the juror did not fret too much over this -- but it might be tricky when he/she returns to work -- hope not. Good for Gessner getting on it right away.

At some point I posted a theory regarding physiology of hyoid bone fracture. I don't know how to find it since I am new here. and there I introduced the possibility of one of the wooden ducks being used as a weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966