State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree. Small trips late at night before bed was shown to be somewhat normal for their household. It was not shown that a small trip early in the morning was normal for them.

The defense did a good job glossing them over as both "early morning hours". You have done a good job glossing them over as both "odd hours". But, to me, "before going to bed" and "right after waking up" are two very different times of day.

I didn't gloss over it. Read my previous post (before this one) where I specifically say "although closer to 1 am".

And, when was the youngest daughter's last bottle the night before? Wouldn't you think as they poured the last drop of that milk into her bottle they might have noticed they were now out of milk? And wouldn't it have been logical to go get some milk long before that 4am wakeup?

Perhaps BC intended to go shopping long before 4AM, but couldn't because : 1)NC was not home yet, 2) he didn't want to load the girls into the car for an HT trip that late.

The Cuppers did have milk in their house. I realize it was not the preferred type for the youngest, but in a pinch, they (or BC) could have heated up a bit of what they had and given that to her. It's not outside the realm of reasonableness when a child wakes up at 4am crying and wants milk.

And, when was the youngest daughter's last bottle the night before? Wouldn't you think as they poured the last drop of that milk into her bottle they might have noticed they were now out of milk? And wouldn't it have been logical to go get some milk long before that 4am wakeup occurred?

Yeah, I've always found this milk thing a bit curious. If you have 2 diff types of milk in your house (even if it's not exactly the one your kid drinks), at 4 a.m. that is what she gets. I consider myself a pretty decent mother, and attentive. However, I'm not driving to HT at 4 a.m. when there's milk in the house. Drink this, dear child or shut up. :crazy:

The Cuppers did have milk in their house. I realize it was not the preferred type for the youngest, but in a pinch, they (or BC) could have heated up a bit of what they had and given that to her. It's not outside the realm of reasonableness when a child wakes up at 4am crying and wants milk.

And, when was the youngest daughter's last bottle the night before? Wouldn't you think as they poured the last drop of that milk into her bottle they might have noticed they were now out of milk? And wouldn't it have been logical to go get some milk long before that 4am wakeup occurred?

Well, there was a party the night before. And NC was at that party until late. And BC said he was asleep when she came home (even though I acknowledge you don't believe anything he says). So when could he have gone to HT for milk that night?

It is a coincidence how the both the eyewitnesses times match up (almost perfectly) to when NC allegedly left the house.

I don't think it's out of the realm of impossibility that both of them saw the same person.

As I too am bored with this testimony, I'd like to get thoughts on both side of this. I apologize if it was discussed last night...I actually logged off at a decent hour.

1) Why did the state bring up the websleuths information? Didn't it actually hurt the pros?
2) Why did the state bring up the supposed reason why DD and CD divorced? How is that relevent?

My take on it is that they wanted to demonstrate that MH was someone who was biased towards BC, had been running his mouth about the case (or keyboard), and was a gossip. YMMV.

See and y'all thought my 9 min mile estimation was too fast.

But NC isn't your average runner. She was training for a half and trying to get under 2 hours. With her 7.5-8 mm she definitely would have. MOST people are not that fast. Or long and lean.

This is smart....he's trying to show how all of the eye witness accounts could be accurate timewise.

Did you honestly think the eyewitnesses made it up that they saw a female jogger that morning? This no more proves that the jogger was Nancy than the testimony from the eyewitnesses themselves. MOO

As I too am bored with this testimony, I'd like to get thoughts on both side of this. I apologize if it was discussed last night...I actually logged off at a decent hour.

1) Why did the state bring up the websleuths information? Didn't it actually hurt the pros?
2) Why did the state bring up the supposed reason why DD and CD divorced? How is that relevent?

I think everyone on here was in agreement that Cummings lost his mind yesterday. #1 hurt the prosecution in my opinion, because it allowed the witness to read a credible alternate theory to the jury. No one has any idea why he brought up #2 except maybe to show his dislike for CD/DD.

I didn't see that as helping the defense. Why didn't he go at 4:30? Why wait two hours? That was my thought.

brad said in the depo that he waited because the doctor told them to get ( one of the children, can't remember which) off milk. Gave her warm water in a bottle, and then gave in.....????

I am going to watch trial.....I believe it was in the statement made by the woman in Canada who was at one time engaged. I found it in the W/S documents page for this case.

I just read her affadavit and there is nothing in it about him stalking her or her getting an order or protection. You posted it as fact and turns out it isn't.

Did you honestly think the eyewitnesses made it up that they saw a female jogger that morning? This no more proves that the jogger was Nancy than the testimony from the eyewitnesses themselves. MOO

No I don't think they made it up. No it doesn't prove it was Nancy. But they are about to put up a map saying if she left at 7, she would have been here at 7:10, here at 7:15, here at 7:20 based on the path that John Pearson said she would take...and oh by the way, that is exactly where our witnesses said they saw her. You don't think that is fairly powerful visual evidence for the jury? You don't think that helps with reasonable doubt?

Given all the evidence and testimony to date, if BC did not kill NC, I think JP is the best alternative suspect. NC was seeking additional sources of $$$. If there was discussions between NC and JP regarding 'obligations' (child support), I can easily see those escalating into heated arguments given the circumstances and dispositions of both.

Its quite possible JP had more motives than BC: not just the $$$, but 'protecting his family/livelihood' (which he told the CPD was his motivation for lying about the affair).

Perhaps he had already been paying something to NC? sure sounded like there was more to the story, and he lied about the extent of communications with NC after 5/8/08.

If you listen to the second interview tape with CPD and ask yourself if this is someone both desparately trying to deflect attention from himself, and align himself with the LE 'team'.

I disagree that JP is a viable suspect. The knowledge that he was a cheater was already out there...his marriage was already over, etc. A "one night stand" coming to light is just not that damaging to him personally/financially. I can see him not being forthcoming with it in his initial interview w/ the police but I cannot see him killing over it.

I doubt Nancy would ever want it to come out that Brad was not Katie's father (if that is even the case). I don't believe she was threatening JP w/ revealing anything like that, etc. One thing is for sure, it's easy to determine paternity if Brad is willing to take the test.

Wasn't the youngest almost 2 yrs. old? Was she still given milk feedings during the night? Maybe so, if all she got was milk and green juice....

Maybe Nancy couldn't just go buy milk after her weekly allowance ran out....had to wait for Bradley to get it. If he shopped at 1am, maybe that's when he was done doing what or whomever he was doing that evening.

It doesn't prove it, but it does indicate the times are consistent with seeing the same runner. IOW, if the man had "seen" NC first before RZ, then at least one should be completely discarded.

The only thing it does is match up with when she would of left the house. The eyewitnesses wouldn't had known that.

You're correct, it doesn't prove it was her.

But NC isn't your average runner. She was training for a half and trying to get under 2 hours. With her 7.5-8 mm she definitely would have. MOST people are not that fast. Or long and lean.

5K actually did come under 9 m/m:

CCFA Run & Walk for Research - 5K Results
June 7, 2008

86 49 NANCY COOPER F 34 CARY NC 27:16 8:47
87 42 CAREY CLARK F 32 CARY NC 27:16 8:47

LINK

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online