State v Bradley Cooper 4-28-2011

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're assuming the state believes this is a flimsy case. Just because it's not a strong forensic case doesn't automatically mean it's flimsy. People who watch CSI and think the real world operates that way expect something very different.

This has nothing to do with CSI the television show, many people that are citizens of the USA have many concerns with this case and how flimsy it is and how it seems to be infringing and outright ignoring the rights afforded to people in the USA under our constitution.

I just read her affadavit and there is nothing in it about him stalking her or her getting an order or protection. You posted it as fact and turns out it isn't.

Please post the link....not as I remembered....but I am open to proof.

Interesting way to nuance the facts. Quite the opposite, in fact. She left him. He stalked her. Facts seem to get nuanced quite a bit in this case--wonder why that is so.

She never said he stalked her, why do you all keep saying that? She said someone told her he entered the apartment they used to share while she was at work, we do not know the validity of that statement.

No I don't think they made it up. No it doesn't prove it was Nancy. But they are about to put up a map saying if she left at 7, she would have been here at 7:10, here at 7:15, here at 7:20 based on the path that John Pearson said she would take...and oh by the way, that is exactly where our witnesses said they saw her. You don't think that is fairly powerful visual evidence for the jury? You don't think that helps with reasonable doubt?

No, I really don't. From this demonstration, they are moving the bar to make the times match. The last guy said he saw her around 6:55. The defense prodded him to make it closer to 7:10. 7:10 is when RZ claimed she saw her and she knew because she left her house at 7 and it took her 10 minutes to get to that spot.

Did you honestly think the eyewitnesses made it up that they saw a female jogger that morning? This no more proves that the jogger was Nancy than the testimony from the eyewitnesses themselves. MOO

I agree...I think the eyewitnesses were very well intentioned people who did in fact see a woman/women that bore a resemblance to Nancy. I believe that once they saw her on the news their mind drew a natural association to the woman they saw running because it "could" have been her...then they probably thought obsessively about it before calling the police and by that point had convinced themselves that is was most definitely her...I don't fault them at all but I do not believe that anyone saw Nancy running that Saturday morning.

As far as the actual woman/women that were out jogging failing to come forward as many have asked... The women probably have no idea that anyone mistook them for Nancy or even made any association that there was even that possibility. Again, no bad intent on their part.

I think everyone on here was in agreement that Cummings lost his mind yesterday. #1 hurt the prosecution in my opinion, because it allowed the witness to read a credible alternate theory to the jury. No one has any idea why he brought up #2 except maybe to show his dislike for CD/DD.

I was here yesterday and I definitely don't agree that "Cummings lost his mind"....

I disagree that JP is a viable suspect. The knowledge that he was a cheater was already out there...his marriage was already over, etc. A "one night stand" coming to light is just not that damaging to him personally/financially. I can see him not being forthcoming with it in his initial interview w/ the police but I cannot see him killing over it.

I doubt Nancy would ever want it to come out that Brad was not Katie's father (if that is even the case). I don't believe she was threatening JP w/ revealing anything like that, etc. One thing is for sure, it's easy to determine paternity if Brad is willing to take the test.

If you recall the recorded LE interviews with JP (which were suspicious in themselves, IMO), he stated over and over and over again he was very concerned about his reputation. He also repeated this on the stand. Even said he didn't talk to his old neighbors because he wanted to forget that time of his life.

So even if the child would not be a financial burden to him, I'd think he was very worried about that information...even the possibility of paternity...coming to light. He also questioned if he could have been the father while NC was pregnant, so he clearly knew this was possible.

Regarding the test, defense requested it numerous times. However, at that time the child was living in Canada and the defense did not have access to test her. And the request to test was refused.

I was here yesterday and I definitely don't agree that "Cummings lost his mind"....

Do you have an alternative? Like maybe he decided to focus on another suspect mid-trial and sending a nuclear torpedo across the courtroom was ok?

I think you described the cross of Mrs. C. as something akin to a homerun for the pros. Most observers (even many of those inclined towards BDI) saw it differently, but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Why would that matter? They showed at least 2 other times where milk was purchased in the middle of the night (although closer to 1 am) in the months before the murder.

I'd imagine because mr. cupper was on his way home from his work-out at the gym. Remember, he said he often worked out till midnight or later. Before nancy cupper was placed on an allowance, and she had access to credit cards/debit cards, the way most people pay for their food, mr. cupper wouldn't have had to stop to pick up necessities on his way home. JMO

Maybe Nancy couldn't just go buy milk after her weekly allowance ran out....

IIRC there was testimony that the fridge was almost empty on 7/12 (?)

This leads me to believe that perhaps NC stopped buying food in protest of only being allocated $300/week.

I think you described the cross of Mrs. C. as something akin to a homerun for the pros. Most observers (even many of those inclined towards BDI) saw it differently, but of course everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Excuse me? Please link the post by me that you are referring to.

She never said he stalked her, why do you all keep saying that? She said someone told her he entered the apartment they used to share while she was at work, we do not know the validity of that statement.

I thought she contacted police vs. them contacting her b/c Brad gave a false last name for her...then explained it by saying he forgot her last name. That's crazy to be engaged to someone and then forget their name no matter how much time had passed.

I remember reading that once they broke up she stayed in the apt they shared and he moved out and into another unit in the same building. She determined that he had kept a key and was entering her home while she was away and was so disturbed that she moved away from that apt and to a different building altogether. I definitely sensed that it was not a single incident but happened more than once. Considering that he could have been reading her mail, tampering with her computer, tainting her food, really anything...may not be stalking but is definitely threatening behavior and I believe she stated that she felt threatened.

I believe Brad did not want the police to talk to her b/c he knew that behavior would come out so he lied about her last name.

that would be breaking and entering.....has happened to me....and I took it to court.....stalking.

In my case, he made a copy of a key to enter without my knowledge.

i actually turned on Regis

*gasp*

I went to register online for WRAL's Severe Weather Warnings. Took me nearly a half hour to sign up, frustrating as all hello. :( Did I miss anything "important"?

Here comes the debunking of the "she wore the necklace all the time". One of 1,000 papercuts.

I went to register online for WRAL's Severe Weather Warnings. Took me nearly a half hour to sign up, frustrating as all hello. :( Did I miss anything "important"?

i'm not the best one to answer but they showed that in the past the coopers had purchased milk at 1am at HT

the PI did a driving timeline at 11 instead of 6:30am

then i was looking at the royal hats on regis, lol

No, nothing except that Nancy was a good and fast runner. They and P.I. were able to somewhat place her in the area, and within the time frame, of RZ and another witness who thought he saw her running the morning of the 12th.

One other thing that is bothering me is that several witnesses have said that Nancy complained that Brad worked too much. Much of his work could likely be done from home...would not have required that he be in a Cisco office. He could remotely access labs at Cisco for testing, etc. I am sure that Cisco has badge readers on their buildings and could prove when Brad was actually at his Cisco office. We know he lied about this to the police b/c they have video on him at Lowe's when he said he was at work. I wonder if much of the time he said he was at work he was actually somewhere else doing something else with someone else. It makes Nancy look bad to complain that her husband is never home b/c he is working so hard at Cisco...I just wonder if that is really the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966