State v Bradley Cooper 5-3-11

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If he walks, would be interesting to see what kind of job he gets. I guess not at Cisco? </sarcasm>

In the beginning I thought he was innocent...thought there had to be some mad strangler out there leaving women half naked in a ditch...but when I heard how Brad had behaved in the months pre and post death I couldn't accept that this was a random act of violence. I also initially hated the idea that he lost custody of his children, but after reading/hearing from those who were closest to the family...I pray no judge will rescind the custody order...and I'm praying real hard.

The children have been through enough. Besides, IF in the very regrettable event that Brad is acquitted....he can go on with his "field of expertise", triathlons, and play the part of the ever suffering single-wronged...... FINALLY grieving husband. MOO

Don't start that !!! I lost 16 lbs during this trial - I can't start on chocolate now!!! LOL!

I need to know your secret to having lost weight during this trial. I have gained 7 pounds.

I did hear judge start to address him as "Mr." before stopping and asking the sound be turned off .. so the male is the foreperson i assume.

I've been sitting here trying to peel back the garbage in this case and get to the "meat". And let me tell you - there was a LOT of garbage. From the neighbors vilifying Brad before Nancy's body was found, to the erasure of the cell phone, to the infidelities on BOTH sides, to the tales told and to the joint BAD BEHAVIOR - oh -and the ducks - let's not forget the ducks.

I think that I could convict BC based on the GoogleMaps search, his overall behavior, and the lies in the deposition. I've thrown out the alleged spoofed phone calls because while I believe they occurred the water is so muddy on HOW - you'll never convince 12 folks that they did.

Now, let me tell you that this is coming from my decidedly law abiding, suburban, naive maybe? upbringing where the police catch the bad guys and innocent people don't go to jail. Yet, I have watched / read in horror about what went on not so long ago in the SBI and KNOW that things were done pretty darn intentionally to make the crime fit the suspect.

I can easily see how if my perspective of the police and "how the world works" was different - had I had experiences where I felt unjustly accused, or if a family member went through police trouble - I would be very swayed by the problems in this invetstigation and I would let him walk.

Quick aside - I was accused of stealing money when I was younger and worked in a department store. I had to go to the state police office and talk to someone. I had already left there and was working someplace else. The troopers called my new works and asked about me and if I was a thief (nice). I went in to talk to them and they told me that "after I left the thefts stopped" - that was a lie. They tried to bully me into taking a lie detector test and when I said I would like to talk to my lawyer they got angry. I was about 19 years old at the time. Anyone that I used to work with wanted to throw me under the bus as soon as I said that. They said all sorts of terrible things about me.

Then - the store scheduled the lie detector for the employees and suddenly THEY all wanted lawyers.

Then - they called it off because they had taped the service desk area and found the woman who WAS stealing.

They were pretty much willing to do whatever they needed to to intimidate a 19 year old girl (with no record, by the way, top 10 of her HS class, etc) and as soon as I stood up for myself and would not be bullied - that got rather pissed off and assumed I was guilty. Have not forgotten that and it still irks me.

Live - jury request for items, judge def/pros discussion:

2008 Calendar (they will print and provide)
Witness list (don't think they will oblige)

missed the other 2 things anyone else catch them?

third thing was the evidence log...........

fourth a laptop...........but then they said nevermind to the fourth

If he is found NG, their hell really begins when they have to give those children back to his murderous hands. God please forbid that happening!

I am right there with you, less0305. I have said many prayers!

:floorlaugh:

no sharing?:D

My purchase was premeditated, first degree trafficking and consumption of chocolate.

I stand ready to be charged and convicted for my crime.

Oh, and I have a high recidivism rate, thus, I will be a repeat offender.

I need to know your secret to having lost weight during this trial. I have gained 7 pounds.

Actually concentrating on this had made me forget about food. I'm afraid I'll balloon back up before Jason Young!!!

FWIW, I would vote NG as well if I were a juror. Not because I don't think there is a possibility BC did the crime. It was not proved he did IMHO.

I hope whatever happens, there is closure for the family and everyone is able to move forward. As for BC getting back his children after being found NG. I don't think that is going to happen, I would be very surprised. For those who think he is guilty, he never wanted the children anyway. I don't think he would change his mind after going thru all of this. He won't be able to find a job soon to support them, there is always the possibilty of the civil case against him by the Rentz and probably plenty of reasons that could make that scenario unlikely. IMHO, I do not think BC will live with or have custody of his children anytime soon. Maybe he will do the 'right' thing and let them stay where they are, away from the spotlight and innuendo that will follow him even in the NG verdict. Then again, if he is innocent as he proclaims and does all the things he should, CPD goes out and finds that random attacker or other potential murderer, there is always a chance.

Kelly

WOW, that was quick, they are on a mission. Good for them!

Actually concentrating on this had made me forget about food. I'm afraid I'll balloon back up before Jason Young!!!

speaking of such, will wral livestream it too?
and when does it start please?

1. 2008 Calendar: Judge is getting one printed.
2. Witness list: Judge said they will have to rely on their notes
3. Evidence log: Judge says it's a problem because list he has includes items not entered, so they will have to rely on their notes.
4: Laptop: Jury changed their mind and didn't want it after all

I believe they are getting the jury one of those big pads and markers to use to make lists of the witnesses and evidence so they can more easily view the lists as a group.

ETA: Clarified number 3 above.

I recall one of our courtroom observers stating that during JW's testimony one of the men on the jury was taking furious notes, same guy who was also identified as a "likely" tech guy on the jury.

Wonder if this is him or if that was the juror dismissed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot!