State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
22.5 gallon tank... 2004 explorers got 13 mpg city/18 highway/15 combined. Taking 15 combined you'd get 337.5 miles out of one tank.

We had a 1998 & a 2004 explorer at one time and they both routinely got 15+

His numbers are confusing me.

Who do you think has ever visited Michelle and Ryan's graves? Do you think JY ever has? Did he or his family ever say they had been to them?

I doubt it. The idea was to kill her and erase her. Terrible.

Oh, there are so many coincidences in this case. Imagine staying in a hotel on the night your wife is viciously murdered and it just happens to be the night that some unknown person messes with the surveillance cameras in the very hotel you are staying in that night. And that camera messed with not once, but TWICE!

CY was in the master bed under covers when sister Meredith arrived at the house and found her sister's body. I figured she was asleep after being medicated during the middle of the night.

OK, so Klink tried to hammer home that there was little physical evidence linking JY to the crime.

Collins seems to be trying to inform the jurors of why one would not want to talk to LE.

Hmph.

There is no physical evidence linking JY to the crime.

Collins is right. There seems to be a misconception of some folks that one only has to profess their innocence to cops and it will result in cops accepting it and move on to someone else. In real life, it doesn't work that way and never has worked that way.

JMO

Well, I don't know about you, but I always get my gas mileage off of google and have never once relied on Sgt. Spivy. But that is just me.

It's 75 degrees here outside and sunny...

and I'm watching a murder trial. Inside. Eating a(nother) bagel.

I need my head examined and a 12-step program for sure.

Its 80 degrees here today and I am sitting right here inside along with everyone else. :)

I've never seen a strategy quite like this.

I think they should have calmly laid out the Beaver testimony. Over and over.

Conflicting shoe theories from both attorneys? I don't get it.

They're the experts at what they do, but I don't understand this.

I mean, shouldn't they have shown some human side of the guy at least pretending there was concern and care on their side for the victims? None of that, and that is surprising to me.

About the shoe theories, I got the impression that DT is trying to convince the jury that they do not have enough information about the shoe prints to be able to say that the prints were made by JY.

I think their overall theme is that JY is a self-centered, philandering jerk, but not a murderer. I don't think they would try to make him out as a concerned spouse/nice guy because they would come across as disingenuous and the jury would roll their eyes.

Just my take on it.

I've never seen a strategy quite like this.

I think they should have calmly laid out the Beaver testimony. Over and over.

Conflicting shoe theories from both attorneys? I don't get it.

They're the experts at what they do, but I don't understand this.

I mean, shouldn't they have shown some human side of the guy at least pretending there was concern and care on their side for the victims? None of that, and that is surprising to me

Re: BBM. LOL Why? Who would believe JY cared about anybody but himself.

I also think it was smart to give two conflicting shoe theories. Pretty darn clever in a wierd case like this in fact IMO.

So far I think they're doing as good a job as can with what they have to work with. (Which is a whole lot of things that can be explained either way depending on ones confirmation bias IMO).

FWIW I don't believe he's innocent but the PT will have to be flawless in their closings for me to think think this jury won't hang as well. The only thing that could make me think otherwise is after the CA verdict I wonder if jurors in general will feel compelled to vote guilty on their "gut" and some possible shoe print evidence where they may not have in early June 2011.

Please don't beat me up! I'm not as invested in this case as some are here and I would probably feel differently if I'd followed the case from the beginning.

Testimony from LE who got both real world and EPA figures show that 2004 Explorer got about 21 - 22 mpg on the highway. Most of that drive to Hillsville was full on highway driving.

Who do you think has ever visited Michelle and Ryan's graves? Do you think JY ever has? Did he or his family ever say they had been to them?

I doubt it. The idea was to kill her and erase her. Terrible.

Reminded me of the scuba diving murder trial. He was seen at his wifes grave removing fresh flowers and throwing them away. On camera too! He is free today! moo:what:

How are they positive that he could not have stopped somewhere else to get gas and paid cash?

You guys have convinced me there was no point trying to make JY out to have any feelings toward his wife or any emotion about the murder. But, I would think at least they would have had some tender words toward her to establish their own human side.

I'm a softie though; I tend to have a soft spot for victims.

Sidenote: This trial has ruined my new favorite show for me. I just started watching IS everyday (Or DVR) when they were showing the recorded Doug Stewart trial. Of course their comments weren't as insipid because they knew the outcome already.

Oh well, towards the end I was ffwding through their comments and just watching the trial anyway.

Now I can't take their obvious lack of knowledge about this case and I don't know if I will be able to go back to just watching trials on their show.

Are trials often streamed over the internet?

I'm back and I tried to read through WS, but was on a video conference, so didn't get to see a lot. Any bombs I missed?

he lost me with this..when he said he wasnt hiding buying gas with cash..umm if he was hiding buying gas with cash would he really tell everyone?

We need to remember that these two attorneys convinced 8 jurors that JY was Not Guilty in the last trial. I dont underestimate their ability to relate to the jury.

I do think they have made some valid points for the jury to consider.

Like I said earlier even though I think Jason is guilty I am listening to this CA with an open unbiased mind.

IMO

:) I am trying to keep an open mind.

I'm trying- 'but don't pee on my neck and tell me it's raining'-keeps running around in my mind.

Defense agreeing CY was shockingly clean. Going with somebody must have cleaned her, and it wouldn't have fit with the JY did it timeline.

WOW! Even says you have to think why there is no diaper in the house. HELLO! JY took all of that with him when he left y'all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo