State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (A.M. session: DT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"You promised us you would not shift the burden"

This is the kind of emotional manipulation that a certain defendant probably used on his beautiful wife too. :banghead:

now saying that police behavior is why jason didn't talk to them

I have to tell you... my brain has tuned this guy out... he has completely lost my attention

Well he has made me mad. And madder by the minute. I hope the jury hears his disdain for the victim's family and a little girl who lost everything. :maddening:

This is also why so many many phone calls - all for the alibi.

And why his phone probably was left at the HI all night.....no pings = innocent, right? :rolleyes:

I guess no one has ever watched CSI to pick up these tips to use later.

I feel like with all the ice chewing that Collins could use some wings up there with his water.

Please let Becky and Howard be articulate, organized, clear, thorough and appear strongly confident when they argue. I am scared crap-less that they will be plodding and disorganized. :please:

Collins is RIGHT when he says the pros just let things dangle out there without explanations.

I know a lot of you think this is terrible, but I personally think this closing is pretty solid.

They are pointing out the weaknesses in the PT's case, introducing alternate possibilities for most of the CE, pointing out that there are many more than ~200 sole with that same design, etc. Doing their job and trying to show reasonable.

Okay, all I can think while this is talking is how much he sounds like Charles Stanley and then I drift off. I hope the PT is awake and ready.

Collins: If you tell the police a story that doesn't fit their theory you are in trouble (paraphrased)

"If you get even the most minor detail wrong in telling it to the police... then trained experienced LE will seize on that and tell you you're lying... Folks, that is torture."

Back down to saying Cindy "Busy" Beaver was grilled, over and over and over and over again. To the point, indeed, she was weary.

My God, if JY had talked, he might have become weary as well.

And Collins, JY didn't need the police to prove he's a liar.

He said TORTURE! What is up with these guys??

GritGuy,

As an attorney who has seen his share of defense arguments, do you think is convincing anyone on the jury? I mean I know juries cannot really be read, but just want your lawerly take.

I really think the State should have proven the unknown prints belonged to police officers or not.

It leaves it hanging and makes jurors wonder what the state was scared off by not eliminating officers who could have made the prints.

IMO

Then the defense would have said the state SELECTIVELY had gone after prints and intentionally left others unchecked.

Please let Becky and Howard be articulate, organized, clear, thorough and appear strongly confident when they argue. I am scared crap-less that they will be plodding and disorganized. :please:

Collins is RIGHT when he says the pros just let things dangle out there without explanations.

:please:

They're going to hold the minor detail that his shoe prints were at the scene against him. TORTURE!

I know a lot of you think this is terrible, but I personally think this closing is pretty solid.

They are pointing out the weaknesses in the PT's case, introducing alternate possibilities for most of the CE, pointing out that there are many more than ~200 sole with that same design, etc. Doing their job and trying to show reasonable.

Agreed. Collins is addressing a lot of issues I had with 'holes' in the case, missing/excluded information, and unanswered questions.

I find it hard to feel this attorney's passionate defense of poor LE battered CB when I recently watched them torment MF by going line by line of her 911 call reporting her sister's bloody death scene trying to impeach her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CP95