State vs. Jason Lynn Young 03-01-12 (P.M. session: PT closing arguments)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Opps, SailorMoon--my non-NC native-ness is showing--pocketbook, not purse.

The sign applies to the front door. Hicks testified it was unlocked at 6 AM and all others locked 24/7. If Holt tried to pass it off as applying to a side door, she is contradicting her own witness as well as misrepresenting the evidence.

It is irrelevant what happens at other hotels.

JMO

How have we all missed this. I thought part of the states timeline is JY coming back in the (unlocked) side door after the rock is kicked out. I guess they could say he still had it propped with a twig that wasn't kicked out?

thanks Becky Holt for making the jurors "feel" what Michelle went through in her marriage .......what she went through that night.

I can't imagine being brutally beaten, knowing my 2 yr old was nearby, or perhaps even in the same room, knowing my unborn son was being denied the right to even take his first breath, knowing we were going to die......

I can't imagine looking in those cold, wild, rage-filled eyes as I'm taking my final breaths and knowing it is my husband, the father of my children that is beating my life out of me.

It was probably also breaking Michelle's heart that their daughter could walk in and see her Daddy at any moment. I can't begin to imagine what was going through her mind in her last moments.

Wow, Howard is making some amazing points, I pray Jurors are paying attention!:please:

We see him exiting without the suitcase he entered with. Or do you think he came back in after we see him leave?

We see him exit the hotel at night to get his charger (I think ?) and then the camera dies. Then we know he goes back to his room because there are computer searches done. Then we know he goes down to the lobby and goes "smoke" and we see him on the lobby camera. We don't see him leaving with his luggage or without his luggage in the morning (or at all).

I think his computer was also in the room. I agree it is odd to pop downstairs with door open, but I find it more perplexing that he would leave the computer in the room all night with door unlocked. I disagree with you on the no brainer. IMO

He also said he propped his door to his room. He didnt want to disturb the guest by sliding the keycard! moo

Opps, SailorMoon--my non-NC native-ness is showing--pocketbook, not purse.

I lived in Raleigh for a while, one of my sons was born there. It's just not a word you hear often. Or maybe I don't listen, heck I don't know. I could just KISS HC right now. Keep bringing it brother.

HC: Elmer's prints were not on camera, and we know he fixed camera, so absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

How have we all missed this. I thought part of the states timeline is JY coming back in the (unlocked) side door after the rock is kicked out. I guess they could say he still had it propped with a twig that wasn't kicked out?

You didn't miss it. The sign is at the side door. It really, truly is. Both sides agree. The glass door is locked at night til early morn; the fire door is locked all the time, except when propped open.

No you didn't miss anything. The sign at the SIDE door right next to the fire exit door says it is locked at 11PM-6AM. JLY came in that door after 6AM, slipped right into the door on the right and tilted the camera up IMO. Gritguy went to this same hotel the other day and it was unlocked at 7:30PM.

Can the opposing side make objections during closing arguments? Just curious.

The State is desperate for the jury to believe those side doors were unlocked at 6 AM. What they haven't explained is how did Young also avoid the security cameras covering all those doors but maybe they are hoping the jury is too stupid to connect the dots. Hicks was quite clear that only the front door was locked at night and unlocked at 6 AM. All others locked 24/7. The sign applies to the front door. A pathetic move on the PTs part but it doesn't surprise me.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member