State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please help me. I've only seen portions of this trial. I saw most of the first one, but don't remember any testimony on the tire tracks just off the driveway. What did they discover with them? Did they find a match for them? I noticed photos of them on the WRAL website of crime scene photos.

The tires were consistent with his Michelin tires on his Explorer.
He lived there, so no big deal

Hey everyone!

I have been trying to keep up, but I totally missed why JY says he put a twig in the door. Can someone tell me?

Thoughts: Gracie, the convenience store worker, is strong evidence to me.

But, JY having no scratches or bruises or anything is also strong evidence to me.

--------

As I said before, I didn't watch the first trial and I'm trying to watch this one like a juror.

I think JY did it but I still can't see how he got himself so clean. :waitasec:

For me, everyone talks about the lack of blood throughout the downstairs etc...that speaks major planning and clean up to me. A stranger would not linger in that house after such a crime with a baby in the house. Whoever did this, felt a comfort in the house enough to clean up before going downstairs....His lack of blood and injuries is easy to understand through change of clothing and weapon....

If JY 's closet door was closed when MY was killed how did her teeth get in the closet?

CY probably tracked it in the closet on the bottom of her bloody sock.
(her prints were all over the closet)

There were, I believe, many items of evidence collected by LE from the beginning of the case, at the crime scene, etc. We know that often times, these pieces analyzed do NOT always point to a perp, etc. So with the tire tracks that can lead to JY, and as he lived there, they point to nowhere, basically. But the point is, it didn't rule him out and that they did everything to investigate this crime.

JMHO
fran

Hey it's "You can call me Al" Sternberg! I met him once, but it was many years ago. I know his wife, who is a court reporter but is in private practice.

<Disclosure> I have never discussed this case with her other than asking before trial #1 "will Al be testifying in this one?" answer: "yes at some point." She and I discuss food, recipes, some TV shows, our pets. We may have plotted to stalk Colin Firth when he was filming in downtown Raleigh, but I'm admitting to nuttin'!</Disclosure>

I really like this witness. He is direct, keeps his answers short, and fires them back quickly. Haven't heard an ahmmm or errrrrr out of him yet.

If I felt the need to get an attorney, I still don't think that would keep me from ever speaking or meeting with LE. I'd just make sure they were with me at all times.

BBM. Jason was accompanied by his attorney for the NTO. Even then, Jason still maintained his silence.

JMO

I really like this witness. He is direct, keeps his answers short, and fires them back quickly. Haven't heard an ahmmm or errrrrr out of him yet.

Yes. He's also a fabulous cook, btw. I hear about the nice food things he makes for his wife.

Whoa he had a check for $17,000 and no heat, broken garage door???? Was he hiding the check from MY?

For me, everyone talks about the lack of blood throughout the downstairs etc...that speaks major planning and clean up to me. A stranger would not linger in that house after such a crime with a baby in the house. Whoever did this, felt a comfort in the house enough to clean up before going downstairs....His lack of blood and injuries is easy to understand through change of clothing and weapon....

If you buy the two sets of adult foot prints, then it would have been two people, planning, carrying out and cleaning up? Right?

If you buy the two sets of adult foot prints, then it would have been two people, planning, carrying out and cleaning up? Right?

Only if you buy JY did not leave both prints.

Also, I think alibi's are important to check out...but when an alibi consist of a hotel within a conceivable distance from the crime, where a camera has been moved to prevent seeing who leaves, the person of interest has went out a back door to "smoke", phone has been turned off during the critical times, and an eyewitness says he got gas...it just comes across as an forced alibi...contrived, set up, I can go on and on.....

BBM. Jason was accompanied by his attorney for the NTO. Even then, Jason still maintained his silence.

JMO

Yep, you are right, My Belle...:seeya:

And as his attorney pointed out, he did not try to fight the order.

Jason has a very light complexion, any mark, scratch or bruise would not heal in 4 days.

This, imo, goes in his favor.

The NG or reasonable doubt list is growing!

JMO

If not Jason, who? Someone so angry with Michelle to beat her to death? Why?

Whoa he had a check for $17,000 and no heat, broken garage door???? Was he hiding the check from MY?

Yes, they were not broke, by any means.

I don't think he was trying to hide the check from Michelle, I think it was something they were going to later deposit.

But, I wonder why he wouldn't take his check with him if he killed Michelle, or carry it in his wallet?

On one hand, the state's theory is that he cleaned up because it was his house, and on the other, they say he was never going to return again.
:confused:
JMO

Boy, someone in the court has a really nasty cough.

OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member