State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-14-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you go to a lawyer, and that lawyer says, "I don't need to know the facts of the case, I don't need to know if you are interested in the investigation, I don't need to know if you want to help the police while protecting yourself. I don't need to know anything. My advice is and always will be say nothing to anyone, ever," then why go in the first place? That's hardly worth paying for.

Most lawyers I know are paid to exercise judgment, not cite "don't say nuttin'." That might be what they say, but they should (and generally do) analyze the situation and recommend a course of action based on all the circumstances, then the client decides what to do.

As it is, we don't know what JY's lawyer recommended, and since don't say nothing to anyone ever is only one possible recommendation, it can't be known that that was the recommendation. It might be, or he might be hiding behind it.

It's tough for me to believe if he were interested in the investigation and its progress or interested in assisting that his lawyer couldn't make that happen. Because they generally do, in my experience.

I don't know where the idea came from that the only advice you'll get from a lawyer is to shut up and stay that way but it has been my experience that the practice of law encompasses a wider range of solutions for clients than that, even when they are POI's.

Here's my issue with Jason immediately lawyering up.

Okay, granted and I don't disagree that a person's significant other is usually who LE focuses on first, rules them out or determines they are POI.

That is LE thinking with level head and going about their investigation.

A like minded level headed person that is the victim's significant other would realize the same and react accordingly. Level headed is generally not the type of frame of mind that one would expect from a person that just found out their spouse had been murdered.

Speaking for myself, if my spouse had just been brutally murdered, my 2 yr old toddler was at the residence when this happened, level headed thinking would not even be on my horizon. I'd be very emotional, very irrational and have tunnel vision to get to my daughter and murdered spouse. Refusing to speak to LE would not even enter my mind, most likely.

I would only assume I was a POI if there were possible opportunity, motive, or means for me to have committed the murder. If I was, say, out of the country several days before the murder, and I had no financial or other resources to get someone to commit the murder, and I wasn't in a strained and contentious situation with the person, then I would not consider myself a POI.

Teeth busted out of her mouth, ripped ear, along with all the other injuries....I say points to a instrument used as a murder weapon. Along with his clothes... murder weapon was packed up and taken with him. JMO

Can someone please help me. I've only seen portions of this trial. I saw most of the first one, but don't remember any testimony on the tire tracks just off the driveway. What did they discover with them? Did they find a match for them? I noticed photos of them on the WRAL website of crime scene photos.

I will admit that I am extremely wary of LE in general, but does that make me somehow more likely to murder? It is a pretty big and dangerous thing to assume that protecting your rights is an implication of guilt. If that is your line of reasoning I hope you never serve on a jury if I am ever on trial!

LE is allowed legally to attempt to manipulate you into saying things that can be used against you, even lie to you, if that's what it takes.

I was called for Jury duty a few months ago in Wake County and while I was never actually called to be interviewed, I watched about 40-50 people go through interviews. The main question the judge and defense attorneys wanted people to answer was if they could be unbiased if the defendant didn't testify in court.

I can understand how you can see it as a sign of guilt, but our constitution specifically defends this right.

Okay, granted and I don't disagree that a person's significant other is usually who LE focuses on first, rules them out or determines they are POI.

A like minded level headed person that is the victim's significant other would realize the same and react accordingly. Level headed is generally not the type of frame of mind that one would expect from a person that just found out their spouse had been murdered.

Speaking for myself, if my spouse had just been brutally murdered, my 2 yr old toddler was at the residence when this happened, level headed thinking would not even be on my horizon. I'd be very emotional, very irrational and have tunnel vision to get to my daughter and murdered spouse. Refusing to speak to LE would not even enter my mind, most likely.

What if, on your way frantically home, your friends tell you they (LE) suspect you did it?

If JY 's closet door was closed when MY was killed how did her teeth get in the closet?

Jason's friend Ryan, told him when he was on his way back to Raleigh, that LE was looking at him and thinking he did it.
He told Jason to get an attorney.
So, I guess he got scared, I know most people woud be.

What if, on your way frantically home, your friends tell you they (LE) suspect you did it?

If I felt the need to get an attorney, I still don't think that would keep me from ever speaking or meeting with LE. I'd just make sure they were with me at all times.

Wow, good question !

Not necessarily. I find little things in my closet a lot that get there from my cat playing with them on the floor.

I've never had a closet door that was flush against the floor.

IMO

Teeth busted out of her mouth, ripped ear, along with all the other injuries....I say points to a instrument used as a murder weapon. Along with his clothes... murder weapon was packed up and taken with him. JMO

that's extremely logical regardless of the killer's identity, given the almost total lack of blood evidence downstairs.

Do you guys think there needs to be a 'smoking gun' in this case in order to insure a guilty verdict (something that ties him directly to a piece of evidence)?

LE didn't tell JY's friends they suspected JY did it. LE asked questions. JY's friends interpreted it as LE thought JY did it. Big difference, actually. I think LE usually sound like they are about to accuse you of something...might be my personal impression based on a few times I've talked to them.

Can someone please help me. I've only seen portions of this trial. I saw most of the first one, but don't remember any testimony on the tire tracks just off the driveway. What did they discover with them? Did they find a match for them? I noticed photos of them on the WRAL website of crime scene photos.

I believe the witness who testified about the tire tracks, was only the collector of evidence. He was just establishing LE did collect this and when. It will be up to a forensic expert who analyzes the actual evidence to testify as to what the final findings were. Like fingerprints collected at the scene, the witness said they did collect them. They have specific experts that give the findings in court.

hth,
fran

Hey it's "You can call me Al" Sternberg! I met him once, but it was many years ago. I know his wife, who is a court reporter but is in private practice.

<Disclosure> I have never discussed this case with her other than asking before trial #1 "will Al be testifying in this one?" answer: "yes at some point." She and I discuss food, recipes, some TV shows, our pets. We may have plotted to stalk Colin Firth when he was filming in downtown Raleigh, but I'm admitting to nuttin'!</Disclosure>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966