State vs Jason Lynn Young 2-28-12

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the mix of Guilty vs Not Guilty here, and the opinions expressed for both positions - perhaps analog to the actual jury.

IMO

Cammy, do you have your rebuttal prepared yet, or did I miss it.

I will post my List of 50 reasonable doubts tonite.

I have had it ready for days, thanks Cody.

Looking forward to seeing your thoughts.

Thank you.

Sorry.

At Wral each day when they print a story on the case, they open it up for comments.

All I can say is sit back and be prepared for anything !!

:)
thanks!

but what does GOLO stand for???:waitasec: (I am easily confused at this time of the day as it is rush hour at my house lol)

thanks!

but what does GOLO stand for???:waitasec: (I am easily confused at this time of the day as it is rush hour at my house lol)

Good question.

Goofy Observations Leaving Orbit, I think.......just kidding.

No idea, anyone know?

I hope this is okay to ask.

Is there anyone here who thought Brad Cooper was NG but thinks Jason Young is G?

Or, vice versa?

But not smart enough to wear different shoes at the house IF he killed his wife.... I would never kill anyone or try to plan a murder, but if I did different shoes that I would never wear would be one of the first things I planned..
Perhaps he didn't expect it to get so messy; he miscalculated. My personal opinion is that he planned a "soft kill", and it got out of hand, then he went into what LE calls the full tilt boogie and left his shoe print, then calmed himself and began a clean-up of CY and tried to cover his tracks within the time he had, because he had to get back to the hotel for his alibi, so the print escaped notice.

IMO

Catching up on testimony and have been watching the cross of PY and as much as I feel bad for admitting this, I am kind of enjoying it. I feel bad for the families of everyone involved, BUT I think PY is protecting and possibly hiding information and after all these years of watching this case and the painful cross from the last trial of both her and JY, and her participation in keeping MF and LF from CF, this feels like it is ABOUT TIME for her to have to answer tough questions!! She's not so sweet when she is being called out is she??

This is my first time around for this trial and felt the same way yesterday, I was trying to give a mother the benefit of the doubt, but after watching and listening to her testimony today, seems like they were two different persons.

It was obvious there is an agenda by the Young family and the worse part of all is that PY admitted returning Cassidy's gift/cards sent by the maternal grandmother and aunt, for no reason, that is unforgivable.jmo

Re: Ms. Beaver's testimony. I did not watch the first trial. I don't really care what she said the first time around. I only care about what she said during this trial.

To me, she came off as rigidly fixated in "her story". She was bordering on anger and was clearly exasperated at having any aspect of her story questioned.
Also, the "getting mad" and "getting insulted" when being questioned by detectives working a MURDER investigation of one of her NEIGHBORS seems a bit disingenious to me. Their JOB is to question your memory, to ask the same question again and again. To ask for the same information a different way. To me, the reaction she described herself as having told me more about her than it did about the investigators.

Okay, so this is her story and she's sticking to it. She was going 20 miles an hour down this road on a very dark night. She has her high beams on and a car is sitting backed into a driveway - which puts the car at a 90 degree angle or thereabouts to her car, right? And that car also has its headlights on. Oh, and there were lights on in the house. And were there any lights on those driveway pillars?

I do NOT believe this witness could have seen into that car clearly enough or for long enough at that speed and with those light conditions to be observing "hair moving" or a ring on a finger. (Which, granted she said at this time she is unsure about the ring. But apparently at one point in the past she mentioned it to detectives as a bright, shiny wedding ring.) And "light from the dashboard inside the car"?

I also do not think this witness is deliberately providing false testimony. I think she has "bought into" her own story. And will tell it this way from now until next never.

I know. It's strange. But I've known people like this. Sat and listened to them tell a story that they truly believe, when I was there for the event and KNOW it didn't happen that way. Go figure!

Thank you. That's exactly the way I saw her. I hope the jury caught the part about her being so insulted that the SBI questioned her she called LE and told them to forget the whole thing. :what:

Catching up on testimony and have been watching the cross of PY and as much as I feel bad for admitting this, I am kind of enjoying it. I feel bad for the families of everyone involved, BUT I think PY is protecting and possibly hiding information and after all these years of watching this case and the painful cross from the last trial of both her and JY, and her participation in keeping MF and LF from CF, this feels like it is ABOUT TIME for her to have to answer tough questions!! She's not so sweet when she is being called out is she??

Good for you! And I totally agree. These people have floated along for over 5 years without being held accountable for anything and it's time for them to pay the piper.

Is there anyone here who thought Brad Cooper was NG but thinks Jason Young is G?

Or, vice versa?

I thought Cooper was NG, but the jury thought otherwise, and I'm fine with their decision. However, a poor defense and a judge way too sympathetic to the PT had a big influence on that verdict. Also the PT was way better, and more effective than the DT in the Cooper case.

I think JY is guilty, but I think the PT has/was insipid and left Reasonable Doubt in play. JY's defense has been good, as a whole. But that does not mean he is innocent, rather the case has been handled poorly by the state.

It took 5 years to bring JY to trial the first time, and that's because the case is weak, and is still weak. Hell, they waited nearly 4 years just to arrest JY, Cooper was behind bars waiting for trial in less than 4 months after NC's murder.

That's a clue right there how the state is grasping and reaching in getting a firm conviction on JY's butt....IMHO

I hope this is ok to post per Beth Karas FB page:

The judge just announced at the break what looks like the rest of the trial schedule. The defense will rest tomorrow by noon. The State's rebuttal and the charge conference will be in the afternoon. Summations should be Thursday with deliberations on Friday.

https://www.facebook.com/?ref=tn_tnmn#!/BethKarasInsession

He needs to be put to pasture. However, today has been his finest day ever that I've seen in both this trial and the BC trial. He was absolutely brilliant today by comparison.

I thought they both did well today. I don't have any problem with HC getting testy and argumentative, and I don't think I would if I were on a jury. I'm highly conscious all the time that this is a murder trial, not a tea party. Not only are the stakes high, but there are real victims out there waiting for justice. It might not be fun to have HC fussing right in your face, but hey - at least you're alive to be on the receiving end of it.

well, we could very well be on a verdict watch this weekend it seems...

Or, vice versa?

I have followed 4 trials in my life .OJ, CA, BC, and now JY , I had no doubt the jury would come back with a guilty verdict for OJ and CA, so much for how I saw it:(

I personally had no reasonable doubt that BC was guilty. Yet I had a very big fear the jury would hang. Yet at the same time I felt it was more likely they would get 12 people to say guilty than 12 people to believe not guilty.
As we are almost at the end of this trial I feel the same way I did with BC. I personally have no reasonable doubt that JY is guilty but fear for another hung jury. Yet still also feel it would be more likely for 12 people to see this as guilty than 12 people seeing it as not guilty.

Having been a frequent traveler, It just becomes a habit to grab that keycard when leaving the room. "Keycard? Check." It only took a time or two of getting locked out to learn that habit.

And if I was a man with pockets? Why on earth wouldn't I just grab the keycard?

This is just silly.

I would have to agree with you - took me two times to learn to always take that little piece of plastic; once in WA and once in India (what a nightmare that was!) so it became that piece of plastic that I "never leave home without it".
JLY was a frequent traveler and he did expound about why he didn't lock the door when he went out to smoke his "cigar". The first thing I do when I know I am leaving the room is have that card in hand - so his testimony about not wanting the door to make noise when he left the room made no sense to me at all. I don't want to slam the door either, but I still have that plastic in my hand when I go to shut the door!

I thought Cooper was NG, but the jury thought otherwise, and I'm fine with their decision. However, a poor defense and a judge way too sympathetic to the PT had a big influence on that verdict. Also the PT was way better, and more effective than the DT in the Cooper case.

I think JY is guilty, but I think the PT has/was insipid and left Reasonable Doubt in play. JY's defense has been good, as a whole. But that does not mean he is innocent, rather the case has been handled poorly by the state.

It took 5 years to bring JY to trial the first time, and that's because the case is weak, and is still weak. Hell, they waited nearly 4 years just to arrest JY, Cooper was behind bars waiting for trial in less than 4 months after NC's murder.

That's a clue right there how the state is grasping and reaching in getting a firm conviction on JY's butt....IMHO

I see where you're coming from, but I sort of thought all along that JY is so obviously guilty that they were waiting for that thing (whatever it is) to come to light that makes it a slam dunk. It didn't, so they proceeded with what they had. To me it doesn't make it a weak case, just a different one than it would be with said CSI-grade dunk.

I thought BC was guilty too. Motive, means, opportunity.

Regarding the verdict, I want him found Guilty, but there's a part of me that is - how to put this - fascinated with juries and how they see things, especially when they vote in a way that makes me say WTF. If they vote NG, I won't be too surprised, considering we have intelligent people here who would swing that way.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member