Steve Irwin, The Crocodile Hunter, Is Dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It would be a wonderful tribute to him...but maybe too much fanfare for his likings.
His Australian zoo opened as usual today..theres heaps of school kids dropping flowers at the entrance.

dingo said:
It would be a wonderful tribute to him...but maybe too much fanfare for his likings.
His Australian zoo opened as usual today..theres heaps of school kids dropping flowers at the entrance.
I saw that on the news here dingo. We all have to be thankful for the knowledge, and understanding, that Steve provided to us, on behalf of the animals, that he so dearly loved, and respected. What an amazing impact he has had on so many of us, in such a short period of time. He burned very bright.

Just another thing Steve had his show on t.v. in the Middle East.It was dubbed in Arabic. Can you imagine?
He has left a great legacy with his Reptile Park but I fear that it may end up far removed from Steve's vision of what it should be.Time will tell.

I am watching a special on Animal Planet about Steve.They are showing different interviews with him.His parents were on and spoke about his childhood.Steve said that he is proud that he was born on his mother's birthday.

I think that these shows are going to be on for a couple of hours and then repeated after midnight.
This one was shown a short time ago and is supposed to be shown again;
Confessions of the Crocodile Hunter

Some trivia from IMDB;

Trivia Daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, born 24 July, 1998 at 9:46 PM, weighing 6lb 3oz.

Is scared to death of parrots, especially the sulfar crested cockatoo. When he was four years old he almost had his nose bitten off by his father's pet sulfar crest. The only bird he feels comfortable around is a black cockatoo named Ularoo.

Steve and Terri's daughter, Bindi Sue Irwin, is actually named for Steve's favorite crocodile, Bindi, and his dog, Sui, who has, incidentally, appeared in numerous "Croc Hunter" episodes with Steve and Terri.

Has a species of turtle named after him - Elseya Irwini.

Steves dog, Sui, is a Staffordshire Bullterrier cross

2nd child, Robert Clarence Irwin born on the 1st of December, 2003 at 8am, weighing 7 pounds and 4 ounces.

Almost faced charges of child endangerment in early January 2004 for doing a crocodile demonstration while holding his one-month-old son in one arm and feeding a 13-foot crocodile with the other. Steve and Terri claim that their son was in no danger and that both their children were going to be "croc savvy".

Dispite all his close calls with animals, he has only had muscle surgery on his knee.

He tells his camera crew to always be filming. If he needs help, he will ask for it. Even if he is eaten by a shark or croc, the main thing he wants is that it be filmed. If he died, he would be sad if no one got it on tape.

2nd son Robert Clarence is named after Steve's father Robert, and Terri's dad, Clarence.

Stopped personally greeting zoo visitors when he witnessed a little girl getting knocked down and seriously injured by a fan rushing to meet him.

Owns a red and white motorbike which he rides around Australia Zoo. This is one of the main ways to determine whether Steve is at the Zoo or not.

Personal quotes "If something ever happens to me, people are gonna be like 'we knew a croc would get him!'"

gardenmom said:
This has really affected me, and I'm glad to see so many postings on Steve. I can't remember being so sad over a celebrity's death since Princess Diana. Both were too young, did great things, and had young children. They both died tragically. I think his death hits us hard because he brought our families together while watching his shows. We would all say how crazy he was, but we enjoyed him so much. I keep wanting this to not be true.
This is how I feel too! I just posted this on another forum. You don't really know them but you feel like you have lost someone close to you. I still can't look at footage of Diana without getting emotional and I guess it will be the same with Steve. :(

A true blue Aussie Icon.

The more I think about this, the sadder I am about his death - it seems so needless that he should die this way so young, with young children and all - and so ironic that he would die by the hand of nature that he loved so much.

dark_shadows said:
I am watching a special on Animal Planet about Steve.They are showing different interviews with him.His parents were on and spoke about his childhood.Steve said that he is proud that he was born on his mother's birthday.

I think that these shows are going to be on for a couple of hours and then repeated after midnight.
This one was shown a short time ago and is supposed to be shown again;
Confessions of the Crocodile Hunter

The one that was shown a short time age "Confessions of the Crocodile Hunter" has a small interview with his daughter. At the very end, she says "He's my dad and I love him very much" :(

detectivewannabe said:
The one that was shown a short time age "Confessions of the Crocodile Hunter" has a small interview with his daughter. At the very end, she says "He's my dad and I love him very much" :(
Hi Detectivewannabe,
Very sad.I am going to watch that show again when they show it after midnight.The interviews that they are presenting are really good.

englishleigh said:
I just saw the show where Bindi was born. I bawled. This is so awful. God bless and comfort Terri and the kids. I hope they know how loved Steve was and how much they are being thought of and prayed for by people all over the world.
I know it is so sad. I have not watched anything today yet, I know I would cry.:(

michelle said:
I know it is so sad. I have not watched anything today yet, I know I would cry.:(

I'm actually finding it cathartic...some of the things he is saying make me know that he knew something like this might happen one day, he keeps saying how he wants to be remembered for his enthusiasm and his passion for wildlife conservation...how every time he's been injured by an animal, it was his fault, and would always be his fault, and the animal should never be blamed. It's really spooky, but it's also warming my heart to remember his energy and zest for living and for what he did. There's no question that he died doing exactly what he loved.

englishleigh said:
I'm actually finding it cathartic...some of the things he is saying make me know that he knew something like this might happen one day, he keeps saying how he wants to be remembered for his enthusiasm and his passion for wildlife conservation...how every time he's been injured by an animal, it was his fault, and would always be his fault, and the animal should never be blamed. It's really spooky, but it's also warming my heart to remember his energy and zest for living and for what he did. There's no question that he died doing exactly what he loved.
Awww, maybe he had a premonition? I am sure he knew this was a very good possibility of happening.

SILVER SPRING, Md., May 18 /PRNewswire/ -- Animal Planet's CROC WEEK 2004
finds the revered Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin wrangling venomous snakes,
capturing carnivorous crocodiles, lassoing tiger sharks, and confronting
Antarctica's cunning leopard seals. Packed with dangerous dilemmas and death
defying moments, CROC WEEK shows Steve at his best, bravely interacting with
potentially lethal animals in hazardous environments where the wildlife always
has the upper hand. From Monday, June 14-Friday, June 18, CROC WEEK has all-
new world premiere episodes airing every weeknight beginning at 8 PM (ET/PT).
But that's not all.
In an exclusive intimate profile, our intrepid Croc Hunter confesses all,
revealing never-before facts of his most personal family moments, as well as
his thoughts on life, both on and off camera in CONFESSIONS OF THE CROCODILE
HUNTER, premiering Friday, June 18 at 9 PM (ET/PT). This one-hour special
takes viewers inside the mind of Steve Irwin as it shows him at his humanistic
best, unearthing an open and tender side previously unknown even to his
perennial fans. This is the moment where we finally learn what feeds the fire
of the Crocodile Hunter.

link
If you missed the live chat with Terri Irwin on June 18, 2004, we've got the transcript right here.

Animal Planet: We hope that you enjoyed watching "Confessions of the Crocodile Hunter" and getting an inside look at what makes Steve Irwin the man he is. And we've got his partner, best mate and wife here, Terri Irwin, to tell us more about the man and the legend. Ask Terri what life is like with Steve Irwin, also known as The Crocodile Hunter.

Terri: G'day! I'm Terri Irwin, and I'm really excited to be here!

Hey, did anyone happen to catch "Live with Regis and Kelly" today? I did not. I know that Kelly was a HUGE fan and so was her son, Michael. She and Regis did a spoof of Steve a few years ago and I think he even co-hosted. I was just wandering if the show this morning was new and she said something about him or if they will tomorrow?

Thanks

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COSMO58
Back