Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
la_cavalière;7155908 said:
OK, this is strange. SusanPowell.org was created on July 19, 2006 -- more than three years before her disappearance. Did Susan have her own website (or at least domain name), and later they used it to set up the "Missing" site?

The domain registration is good through 2019. That's not that big of a deal -- it only costs a few bucks a year to keep a domain registered, and you can prepay several years in advance.

Domain ID:D126104342-LROR
Domain Name:SUSANPOWELL.ORG
Created On:19-Jul-2006 21:39:57 UTC
Last Updated On:17-Jul-2010 22:44:56 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Jul-2019 21:39:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Wild West Domains, Inc. (R120-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR40436386
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1:DomainsByProxy.com

Hmmm. Maybe that was during the time she was thinking of going into the hair business for herself and she had her own domain name thinking she might have a website? The .org extension is weird, though. Josh probably set it up for her and didn't know the difference.

Well, I guess he didn't waste his money there...

IMO

Powell's neighbors are just waiting for him to come back....NOT.

"Powell, whose son is the only person of interest in the disappearance of a Utah woman nearly two years ago, is accused of photographing daughters of a former neighbor as the girls bathed, changed clothes and used the toilet.

"If you want to see a show, see what happens if he comes back here," said Jason Wells, who lives across the street from Powell's home...."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016295279_powell24m.html

Next stop for SP: Living in a VAN, down by the RIVER!

Powell's neighbors are just waiting for him to come back....NOT.

"Powell, whose son is the only person of interest in the disappearance of a Utah woman nearly two years ago, is accused of photographing daughters of a former neighbor as the girls bathed, changed clothes and used the toilet.

"If you want to see a show, see what happens if he comes back here," said Jason Wells, who lives across the street from Powell's home...."

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2016295279_powell24m.html
I feel so extremely sorry for the neighbors, and those children who were the targets of his illegal acts. I am slightly curious though about the layout of the neighborhood since even with telephoto lens on the camera, that bathroom windows weren't covered; meaning that none of the neighbors had any idea someone else could possibly see inside their homes? How close are the houses to each other?

Hmmm. Maybe that was during the time she was thinking of going into the hair business for herself and she had her own domain name thinking she might have a website? The .org extension is weird, though. Josh probably set it up for her and didn't know the difference.

Well, I guess he didn't waste his money there...

IMO

He bought up all the domains for them both, like

.org
.us

all around the same time. One of them, which I won't post, shows his current PO box and phone in WA, which is why I won't post it.

Kind of like his son... who just assumes you are going to stop if he walks out in front of your truck in a parking lot? :waitasec:

They just assume they are invincible... and that the world revolves around them.

I so fear this might come across as defending Steve Powell... :sick: but it did cross my mind...
I wonder if some of Steve's pictures were not taken specifically for profit?

The majority of my photography is my kids, animals, or things for friends/family. Weddings, babies, family portraits... etc.
I generally photograph things I have an interest in or things that other people have asked me to photograph.

However... sometimes I will be out and will see something that I don't personally have much interest in... but I know that other people will.

And I think "I have to get that shot... that is a money shot."

I wonder... if it's possible that the majority of Steve's sick pictures contain his REAL interest...
Then he might have others which are "money shots."

If he mostly took pictures of adult women, yet knew there was a market for those girls living behind him...
He could have photographed the girls for profit, even if they were not his primary interest.

Make sense? :waitasec:

Obviously, if the majority of the pictures are of young girls... then that is likely his primary interest. Or, they are just easier to photograph.

I think it is definitely worth looking into the possibility that he profited from this however.
Which would open up the possibility that he looked for the most profitable things to photograph. :twocents:
IMO, he was photographing the intimate parts of woman and children because this goes with his sicko sexual fantasies.

He bought up all the domains for them both, like

.org
.us

all around the same time. One of them, which I won't post, shows his current PO box and phone in WA, which is why I won't post it.

I recall that he bought them all at the time when he was starting his new website design business. I think he has domains in his boys' names too.

I feel so extremely sorry for the neighbors, and those children who were the targets of his illegal acts. I am slightly curious though about the layout of the neighborhood since even with telephoto lens on the camera, that bathroom windows weren't covered; meaning that none of the neighbors had any idea someone else could possibly see inside their homes? How close are the houses to each other?

Very close. Plus, relatively new construction so there are no mature trees to block views of windows.

la_cavalière;7155908 said:
OK, this is strange. SusanPowell.org was created on July 19, 2006 -- more than three years before her disappearance. Did Susan have her own website (or at least domain name), and later they used it to set up the "Missing" site?

The domain registration is good through 2019. That's not that big of a deal -- it only costs a few bucks a year to keep a domain registered, and you can prepay several years in advance.

Domain ID:D126104342-LROR
Domain Name:SUSANPOWELL.ORG
Created On:19-Jul-2006 21:39:57 UTC
Last Updated On:17-Jul-2010 22:44:56 UTC
Expiration Date:19-Jul-2019 21:39:57 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Wild West Domains, Inc. (R120-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR40436386
Registrant Name:Registration Private
Registrant Organization:Domains by Proxy, Inc.
Registrant Street1:DomainsByProxy.com

BBM:

I think .orgs are about 13.95 a year. He didn't initially pay for a big extention of time. He either paid once a year for four years and last updated in 2010 (after she went missing) or he initially paid for four years at once. But the point is, once she was missing, he decided to make sure he hung onto the domain name of his missing wife for nine years? Sure, it's less than 150 bucks, but why would he think they needed to hang onto his missing wife's .org name for 9 years? It just seems odd to me. But then, I just renew mine annually. I'm one of those 'why pay now for future service when I don't know if I'll need it or want it X years from now', ya know?

Very close. Plus, relatively new construction so there are no mature trees to block views of windows.

His house was very close to the neighbor next door. Wondering if this subdivsion has a common play area, park, walking trails or a pool? I noticed there is a ballpark not far. I use the neighbor's addy from the article for this map..it's the same street.

http://g.co/maps/3fwbv

http://www.kirotv.com/video/29278028/index.html

Here you go Panthera-

I did see one photo of the neighborhood at a link posted this afternoon, and noticed the absence of large trees. It appeared there was a small upstairs bathroom window within view, however I also know some newer homes also have larger windows by a Roman bath tub, etc. So again, I imagine these neighbors had no idea what evil lurked nearby.

:(

The more that comes to light, it is going to difficult to see past SP if this case goes to trial, with regards to Susan...he is just too much of a freak not to be an alternate suspect at the very least.

I am hoping that the DA will be able to use Josh's tolerance and apparent acceptance of his dad's perversions shows that these two demented personalities are so entertwined that everything they did with regard to Susan's demise was a joint effort. There is plenty of evidence to show that they were in almost constant contact before and since Susan's disappearance.

Remember , if you participate in a crime which leads to murder, even if it's your partner who pulls the trigger, you can still be found guilty of murder!

I'll bet that Josh allowed his dad to watch Susan in her own home via webcam. (That is just my own speculation.)

I wwnder if this was done by the police so that the site would be intact?

I think this is exactly what happened. I don't remember this status when these records were posted long ago.

jmo

I am hoping that the DA will be able to use Josh's tolerance and apparent acceptance of his dad's perversions shows that these two demented personalities are so entertwined that everything they did with regard to Susan's demise was a joint effort.
Respectfully shortened-
I am hoping that the CPS workers and family court judge will also see this and immediately give Susan's parents custody of the little boys.

Got it. I'm in SOX compliance, too, in addition to corporate investigations. I'm an auditor.

:innocent:

IMO

Also to HotLavaJavas

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7155841#post7155841"]
viewpost.gif
[/ame]

I've recently retired early from 31 yrs in IT at a bank as a tech writer, then developer/programmer, then in QA, and have supported systems that had to do with all kinds of regs (IRS Interest Reporting, OFAC, $$ Laundering), and then we were hit with the SOX Regs/Compliance to support and monitor. It's everywhere, it's everywhere!!! And a PITA, eh?

I enjoyed it, but I don't miss it!!
icon10.gif

Respectfully shortened-
I am hoping that the CPS workers and family court judge will also see this and immediately give Susan's parents custody of the little boys.

I hope so,too,but I have some concerns about the court order that required Mr. Cox to remain 500 feet away.
I don't believe he did anything to deserve that,but Josh was able to convince a judge .
Now this is a family with a reason to fight for grandparents rights.

I'm a lurker to this case (not WS) so I thank cocomd profusely for the detailed timeline. I feel like i've been here forever now! I took a look at the susanpowell.org website and those pictures ARE horrible. They look nothing like all the other pictures I have seen of her. I started reading some of the posts and it's just bizarre and crazy. Definitely not what one would expect from an innocent family if their loved one was missing.

icon7.gif
HiYa, B-Rice :seeya: Good to "see" you!!! Just jump on in with us. Another twister/mystery with some stinkies thrown into this case...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/130402668.html

I've been gone for the past few days and I just saw this on the news this morning.

My first thought is THOUSANDS?! of pictures. How many years does it take to collect thousands of pictures like this?

Second, could this break the case open? The cops could point out that child molesters are regularly abused in prison and offer him a deal to be separated from the general population if he gives up what he knows about Susan's disappearance. (I know they don't have proof of molestation but I think prisoners would view it the same. Not to mention the whole DIL love thing.)

Third, from the link above;

Steve was booked into the Pierce County Jail on Thursday night. Josh Powell's two children were taken into protective custody.

Could this enable the Cox's to gain control of the kids? Would the kids say something that could be very important to the case?

does anyone know if the hearing went on friday, 9/23, about the journal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rav17en