Steven Powell arrested in Washington State

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.komonews.com/news/local/130402668.html

I've been gone for the past few days and I just saw this on the news this morning.

My first thought is THOUSANDS?! of pictures. How many years does it take to collect thousands of pictures like this?

Second, could this break the case open? The cops could point out that child molesters are regularly abused in prison and offer him a deal to be separated from the general population if he gives up what he knows about Susan's disappearance. (I know they don't have proof of molestation but I think prisoners would view it the same. Not to mention the whole DIL love thing.)

Third, from the link above;

Steve was booked into the Pierce County Jail on Thursday night. Josh Powell's two children were taken into protective custody.

Could this enable the Cox's to gain control of the kids? Would the kids say something that could be very important to the case?

HI Dan. Glad you are back. Hope you got some rest!

The Cox family have filed to get the boys. From all we have learned it seems they will be in protective custody for a while. I feel sure LE will get a chance to talk to them, probably through a child mediator. jmo

It does look good for Susan's case. imo Josh is about to loose it, I'm sure!

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/130402668.html

I've been gone for the past few days and I just saw this on the news this morning.

My first thought is THOUSANDS?! of pictures. How many years does it take to collect thousands of pictures like this?

Second, could this break the case open? The cops could point out that child molesters are regularly abused in prison and offer him a deal to be separated from the general population if he gives up what he knows about Susan's disappearance. (I know they don't have proof of molestation but I think prisoners would view it the same. Not to mention the whole DIL love thing.)

Third, from the link above;

Steve was booked into the Pierce County Jail on Thursday night. Josh Powell's two children were taken into protective custody.

Could this enable the Cox's to gain control of the kids? Would the kids say something that could be very important to the case?

Even scarier is that they're only done going through 5% of photos/videos!

HI Dan. Glad you are back. Hope you got some rest!

The Cox family have filed to get the boys. From all we have learned it seems they will be in protective custody for a while. I feel sure LE will get a chance to talk to them, probably through a child mediator. jmo

It does look good for Susan's case. imo Josh is about to loose it, I'm sure!

Thanks,

Steven wouldn't hesitate to give up JP if it helped him. JMO

I am hoping that the DA will be able to use Josh's tolerance and apparent acceptance of his dad's perversions shows that these two demented personalities are so entertwined that everything they did with regard to Susan's demise was a joint effort. There is plenty of evidence to show that they were in almost constant contact before and since Susan's disappearance.

Remember , if you participate in a crime which leads to murder, even if it's your partner who pulls the trigger, you can still be found guilty of murder!

I'll bet that Josh allowed his dad to watch Susan in her own home via webcam. (That is just my own speculation.)

Oh my gosh! I never thought about that but I bet he did! :sick:

OT glad to see ya back Steely, hope your trip went well!

does anyone know if the hearing went on friday, 9/23, about the journal?

Yes, there is a post back in this thread somewhere that it went as scheduled and Josh showed up. The ruling: can't publish...

Good pic of Josh looking like death warmed up too...

Yep, the judge order the journal to be destroyed.

I missed that. Destroyed? Are you sure the judge didn't mean the transcriptions of the journals? It seems like the Coxes might want to have them. If their daughter never comes home, those would be quite precious. Gee, I sure hope they don't have to destroy the actual journals. That would be a shame. And very unfair. I think they should stay in the custody of LE, then be given to the Coxes when everything is final.

I missed that. Destroyed? Are you sure the judge didn't mean the transcriptions of the journals? It seems like the Coxes might want to have them. If their daughter never comes home, those would be quite precious. Gee, I sure hope they don't have to destroy the actual journals. That would be a shame. And very unfair. I think they should stay in the custody of LE, then be given to the Coxes when everything is final.

All copies, not the journals was my understanding. And no publishing...

I don't think a judge can destroy someone's personal belonging unless maybe they are deceased. As of right now they can't say that.

His house was very close to the neighbor next door. Wondering if this subdivsion has a common play area, park, walking trails or a pool? I noticed there is a ballpark not far. I use the neighbor's addy from the article for this map..it's the same street.

http://g.co/maps/3fwbv

[SIZE=+2]Little Boxes[/SIZE]
Little boxes on the hillside,
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,1
Little boxes all the same.
There's a green one and a pink one
And a blue one and a yellow one,
And they're all made out of ticky tacky
And they all look just the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university,
Where they were put in boxes
And they came out all the same,
And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,

And they all play on the golf course
And drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children
And the children go to school,
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university,
Where they are put in boxes
And they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business
And marry and raise a family
In boxes made of ticky tacky

[SIZE=-1]Notes: words and music by Malvina Reynolds; copyright 1962 Schroder Music Company, renewed 1990. Malvina and her husband were on their way from where they lived in Berkeley, through San Francisco and down the peninsula to La Honda where she was to sing at a meeting of the Friends’ Committee on Legislation (not the PTA, as Pete Seeger says in the documentary about Malvina, “Love It Like a Fool”). As she drove through Daly City, she said “Bud, take the wheel. I feel a song coming on.”[/SIZE]

http://people.wku.edu/charles.smith/MALVINA/mr094.htm

Just couldn't help it -- Nothing is wrong with this neighborhood (with the exception of this one weird & twisted family -- less one, now, who's in the county slammer).

I'm sure many of us grew up in such a layout.

I just had to sing that little song.... and show my age!

I did see one photo of the neighborhood at a link posted this afternoon, and noticed the absence of large trees. It appeared there was a small upstairs bathroom window within view, however I also know some newer homes also have larger windows by a Roman bath tub, etc. So again, I imagine these neighbors had no idea what evil lurked nearby.

:(
Ugh. Read this from a 2002 study about voyeurism and frequency.

"Another characteristic of voyeurism as a paraphilia is a high frequency of deviant acts per individual. For example, in one study of voyeurism, 62 men admitted to being voyeurs and self-reported 29,090 voyeuristic acts against 26,648 victims."

Voyeurism as a Criminal Offence: A Consultation Paper (Communications Branch, Department of Justice, Ottawa, 2002) pg. 317-318.
<http://www.canada.justice.gc.ca/en/cons/voy>

Even scarier is that they're only done going through 5% of photos/videos!

Yeah, and it will be somebody's job there in the LE's or DA's office to go through those pictures/CD's, etc., etc. How many times will that person have to wash his/her hands & take a hot shower when he/she gets home? And try to eat lunch or sleep at night?? :sick:
--------------------
What a sick freak.

[SIZE=+2]Little Boxes[/SIZE]
Little boxes made of ticky tacky,1
Little boxes all the same.

And the people in the houses
All went to the university,
Where they were put in boxes
And they came out all the same,
And there's doctors and lawyers,
And business executives,

And they all play on the golf course
And drink their martinis dry,
And they all have pretty children
And the children go to school,
And the children go to summer camp
And then to the university,
Where they are put in boxes
And they come out all the same.

And the boys go into business
And marry and raise a family
In boxes made of ticky tacky

[SIZE=-1]Notes: words and music by Malvina Reynolds; copyright 1962 Schroder Music Company, renewed 1990. Malvina and her husband were on their way from where they lived in Berkeley, through San Francisco and down the peninsula to La Honda where she was to sing at a meeting of the Friends’ Committee on Legislation (not the PTA, as Pete Seeger says in the documentary about Malvina, “Love It Like a Fool”). As she drove through Daly City, she said “Bud, take the wheel. I feel a song coming on.”[/SIZE]

http://people.wku.edu/charles.smith/MALVINA/mr094.htm

Just couldn't help it -- Nothing is wrong with this neighborhood (with the exception of this one weird & twisted family -- less one, now, who's in the county slammer).

I'm sure many of us grew up in such a layout.

I just had to sing that little song.... and show my age!

Thanks for that. My parents listened to that Pete Seeger album when I was little, so I remember it well. We live in a 100 year old neighborhood, and all the houses are quite unique. I have always vowed never to live in a neighborhood like that, partly because of that song!!!

Doesn't matter where on this earth you live - freaks are everywhere.

I live in a small town, and have lived in a 100+ yr old home for 22 years. You never really know your neighbors.

Doesn't matter where on this earth you live - freaks are everywhere.

I live in a small town, and have lived in a 100+ yr old home for 22 years. You never really know your neighbors.

True, that.

I have a question about the removal of the kids. Don't get me wrong, I am SO glad those kids are away from these sick people, but how can they legitimately take them away when Josh hasn't been charged with anything? In the absence of everything else going on, outwardly they seemed to be well taken care of, etc. Let's pretend Josh had no idea his dad was a creeper...how can they just remove the kids like that?

Do you think they know something more regarding Josh?
Are they hoping Steve will roll over on Josh?
Are they wanting to question the kids?
Or is it simply that Josh was living in the home with his dad?

Again, I hope that the kids can go with Susan's parents, but I'm generally interested in knowing how they can take the kids away when he hasn't officially been charged with anything?

I mean, to play devil's advocate, say I found out my husband was doing this creepy stuff and I had absolutely no idea. If they took my kids away from me, I would be FURIOUS!

I guess I'm more concerned that the kids will go back to Josh since even though we feel he's guilty in some way, he hasn't been accused of being an unfit parent. KWIM?

406196707.jpg

http://twitpic.com/6pu7dv

In the spirit of all the lyrics on this thread:

I bet there's rich folks eatin',
In a fancy dining car,
They're probably drinkin' coffee,
And smokin' big cigars,
But I know I had it comin',
I know I can't be free,
But those people keep a-movin',
And that's what tortures me.

Johnny Cash
Folsom Prison Blues

Thank you. Very helpful.

I do have a question ,though. It's stated the babysitter called Josh until he finally answered . Did she also attempt to call Susan (cell phone ,I assume) or just Josh? I'm wondering if the babysitter immediately suspected Josh did something.

Yes, they did try to call Susan's cell phone until they found it in the home when the police broke in suspecting possible carbon monoxide poisoning of the entire family. Then:

•Approx. 3 p.m. : JoVonna Owings reaches Josh on his cell phone. JoVonna informed Josh police were at his house, that they were looking for him and that he needed to get home. Josh told JoVonna he was driving around West Valley City and that the children, then ages 4 and 2, were with him. Josh told JoVonna Susan was at work.
•Kiirsi Hellewell, Susan's best friend, said Susan's friends and family were frantic with worry.
•4:48 p.m.: Josh returned Jennifer's call (the family had frantically tried to reach Josh on his cell phone throughout the day)
•Approx. 6 p.m. - Josh arrives home; police are at the house

(Courtesy of Isabelle from Examiner. She has had very personal contact with the family and friends of Susan from the beginning.)

Notice that Josh says that he is driving around his own town WVC at 3:00, but he doesn't arrive home until 6:00 after hearing that his wife is missing. Very key to the suspicious feelings of everyone! Very, very hinky !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay