Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BBM: The only thing Mark might be able to confirm is if there is nothing at his house that belongs to Dylan from this trip (the iPods were there from previous trips?) I always know when one of my kids friends have left something behind. (Sorry to keep going on about it, but it is usually a sock or two, or a game or headphones or even hair ties that I see in the bathroom that I know my daughter does not wear-am I the only person that knows what brand of socks my son has?)

BBM

O/T....nope

my son wears Nikes

we always had a community "box" when the kids were growing up where we put clothing/belongings of other kids.....:seeya:

You're bringing back memories, yes ER was in the press in the beginning & Mark wasn't (but came on board), not making any judgements; just stating the order IIRC. The news media will go with whoever is talking to them at that time. Hint to Mark (if you want your side out-there) if that is important to you that is. Emma I thought LE stated it too, but I wasn't sure, so I didn't state it lol. I hate to see distension when there isn't one; this is a horrific nightmare for both parents & Dylan...we need to find him.

I agree whole-heartedly. They both are going through the one of the, if not the very, worst ordeal a parent can go through right now. In both of their cases I don't think pointing fingers is really going to get them anywhere, plus if you are too busy blaming, then can you really be listening? Perhaps it's best for each of them to stop and just listen to each other. Maybe in listening one of them will find their clues or finally have their questions answered.

If indeed nothing had been unpacked, that is even more suspicious to me that something happened on Sunday night. Surely Dylan would change his underwear and socks in the morning, if nothing else, and not pack up dirty ones. It is as though all traces of him were removed, without the person who did it thinking how that would look even more suspicious than if a few items remained. JMO

If indeed nothing had been unpacked, that is even more suspicious to me that something happened on Sunday night. Surely Dylan would change his underwear and socks in the morning, if nothing else, and not pack up dirty ones. It is as though all traces of him were removed, without the person who did it thinking how that would look even more suspicious than if a few items remained. JMO

In the interview with MB, Mark says "There's not much in it. " when referring to the backback. It sounds as though he has first hand knowledge of what's in it.

In the interview with MB, Mark says "There's not much in it. " when referring to the backback. It sounds as though he has first hand knowledge of what's in it.

Or he noticed when Dylan picked it up or moved it that it was not bulging. Or he picked it up and noticed it was very light. Nothing suspicious about that.

He goes on to say "He didn't bring his video games or any of the things he would do while he was here with me."

Yes that bothers me, & a couple of nikb's previous post (upline) jiggle me. I don't think Dylan unpacked. My kid wouldn't, I wouldn't if I was off the next day. If Dylan didn't unpack; how would he know "there's not much in it"
That has always bothered me.

I am curious how they found his texting account on his Ipod touch and did they cover all texting accounts on it? How would they figure that out? There are several texting apps available on iTunes. If the iPod was not recovered, how do they know if he only has one, or two, or three?

I am trying to catch up, it's been a busy day but there were a few things I wanted to comment on earlier that I just didn't have the time to do. The iPods, three, left there over time by Dylan? Did I see that right? My show cut out around that time for a second so I missed some of that. The first thought that came to my mind is that if Dylan left all three iPods, that he borrowed from someone else, over at MR's house, is "irresponsible." If Dylan is this "irresponsible" to leave someone else's iPod at someone else's house, then how I am suppose to be convinced that he took both his iPod charger and phone charger with him?

The other thing I wanted to say, is I keep seeing people speaking about the jabs that MR makes at ER and CR, but why is it that they are given a pass for the jabs they make at him? Are they all not "grieving victims" right now? I really do not understand this. ER speaks out in frustration about Dylan being missing, but not only is MR having to cope with Dylan being missing, he is also having to cope with being accused of doing something to Dylan, having people threatening him online, people taking pictures of him at his home, and frankly I believe he is completely isolated within his community. Tricia, you asked a question about MR taking someone on a search with him and my first response was, "Who? Who is he suppose to take with him, when it seems everyone in the community hates him?"

If LE know who received the 9.37pm message (ie the person reported it to them) they would be able to trace it to Dylans ipod texting account.

the jabs that MR makes towards EH and CR are not relevant to Dylans disappearance, whereas what is some see as jabs toward MR are all in relation to do with Dylans disappearance. There is a big difference IMO.

IMO an entire community does not turn away from someone for no reason.

He goes on to say "He didn't bring his video games or any of the things he would do while he was here with me."

interesting that he knew that, did he go through Dylans backpack?

I saw a Christmas video, a tour through Dylan's room. I wonder if Dylan usually packed up his Xbox and stuff, the Xbox is a bit weighty. Even though we had an Xbox my younger bro in law would come and stay with us from time to time, and he backed a backpack(sometimes for weeks he would stay) and he brought that darned Xbox of his, I had to pick up his bag to move it and it felt very hefty. The weight came entirely from that. If MR moved or carried his bag in or something would he have noticed it felt "lighter" than from previous times. In case you haven't seen it, the Christmas walkthrough is here.

http://www.9news.com/video/2056347589001/1/Christmas-without-Dylan

To tell the truth, I was pleasantly surprised by how well the interviews were conducted. I know it isn't easy to do something like that without letting your personal opinions influence the direction things go, but she did a very good job of being unbiased. MOO

As usual, I perceived several things differently than most here did, but I've come to expect that. I doubt that I'll argue about any of them, but some of the differences are:

I didn't think he said what he did about the cameras while searching to insult EH (although it did come off that way), I got the impression that he was saying that it seems like he isn't searching because he doesn't do it where they are recording/photographing the searches.

What I understood about talking to EH about searches wasn't that he wanted to know so he could/wouldn't go where she was going to be but that he didn't think it made sense for them to be searching somewhere without knowing if the other one had already searched the same spot. It made sense to me, and I didn't see anything suspicious about it.

I didn't think he said what he did about the pipe to insult CR either. He seemed genuinely confused by the question, and it sounded like he was just saying that CR (or a friend of his) leaving one there was the only way he could think of that one might be there. If someone told me that some kind of pipe was found in my place (other than a couple of antiques I have), I'd also have to assume that it was left here by someone else since I've never smoked one.

I'm not even going to try to analyze statements by either parent, partially because I don't think it matters in the long run but even more because I'm not qualified to do it - even if I have a list of things that a professional/expert would look for. If it was as easy as just looking for certain phrases or patterns, etc., there would be no need for expert opinions on it.

I may go into a few other things at some point, but this is already too long. I'm glad MR does read here so he knows that there are some people out there who don't assume the worst about him (although I'm surprised he'd read with some of the things written.) Now I wish he'd make an account and get verified so we could move on to a different subject! As always, all of the above is MOO and any similarity to fact is just coincidental. :seeya:

Dylan does not live at MR's house so it would be easy to spot if Dylan left anything behind as it would be out of place as I am sure if Dylan does not visit for months at a time the house is pretty tidy and does not have Dylan's stuff all over the place .

The only other reason Mark would know all his stuff has gone is because he knows where the bag and Dylan is :cow:

Wouldnt he be able to tell if a plumbing pipe was missing or not?

The search warrant said a swab was taken, not the pipe itself.

Isn't that the one thing both parents are agreeing on (there was nothing left behind)???

Well, I tried bring over quotes but failed. The other thing both parents agreed on is that Dylan would be wearing the same clothes Monday that he did Sunday. MB asked both parents in the separate uncut interviews posted in the Media and Timelines thread.

Jumping off of that, neither parent said that Dylan would have changed socks and underwear.

Otherwise, I would have agreed that there should have been a couple stinky socks balled up in a corner or somewhere. But neither parent seemed to think so.

Also I think the size listed on the sweatpants sounds like a boys' size Medium, but also could be a ladies' size.

http://goo.gl/maps/fDwCD

Some one had asked for a map for Mark's house. I believe Mark said a scent was picked up to about 50 feet (from house?). To me that would not be very far.

Is it possibly Dylan tried to leave with all his stuff and Mark went after him?

Just thinking out loud.....

I am curious how they found his texting account on his Ipod touch and did they cover all texting accounts on it? How would they figure that out? There are several texting apps available on iTunes. If the iPod was not recovered, how do they know if he only has one, or two, or three?

I am trying to catch up, it's been a busy day but there were a few things I wanted to comment on earlier that I just didn't have the time to do. The iPods, three, left there over time by Dylan? Did I see that right? My show cut out around that time for a second so I missed some of that. The first thought that came to my mind is that if Dylan left all three iPods, that he borrowed from someone else, over at MR's house, is "irresponsible." If Dylan is this "irresponsible" to leave someone else's iPod at someone else's house, then how I am suppose to be convinced that he took both his iPod charger and phone charger with him?

(Snipped, respectfully)

BBM

First bolding - I'm pretty sure that the FBI has people capable of handling this sort of thing.

Second bolding - It's possible that I'm a little sensitive about the use of "irresponsible," given that we are, in all likelihood, talking about a deceased child, but that's certainly not the first word that comes to my mind. At least not in terms of Dylan.

I was thinking today about the hullaballoo that the three I-pod revelation seems to have generated.

My kids were known as the "wooden block" ones in our family. They had no gameboys, no play stations/x boxes until 16, no cell phone until one turned 18 (the other is still waiting). We gave up our TV a few years ago. Nonetheless, if our house were searched today, you'd find three I-pods -- all over 6 years old: one has a broken connection on the bottom and can only be charged with great difficulty, one gets the blue screen of death with some frequency, and one is shared between three of us. In fact (and hold your breath now), my youngest son asked for, and will receive, a new one for his birthday. That will make 4, bought over the course of the years. Neater, and less frugal, people would probably have thrown two of the devices out. I will continue to nurse them along.

I don't recall if the SW said whether or not the hand me downs were all working, but it's possible they were not. I just feel like I'm not getting something here.

All the above, of course, is my opinion only.

I want to reference this post. I had to go look at DP and it's an interesting little thing that has been ignored in favor of choosing to believe that Dylan was unhappy about the visit.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - CO- Dylan Redwine, 13, Vallecito, 19 November 2012 - #50

B3) is a smile with sunglasses.

According to Textopedia http://textapedia.blogspot.com/2011/07/b-texting-acronyms.html

B3 means blah, blah, blah

Just sharing.

The only reason I found the 3 iPod story strange is because he does not live there for one and so if it at his normal home I get that but its odd he went on 3 different trips (this is a assumption due to you don't need more than 1 iPod at a time ) and randomally just left them behind.And if he was that careless who would lend him another one ,let alone another 2 ?! - plus he also has his iPod touch as well .

Would he take his backpack(and let's consider he didn't unpack when he got in) with him to his friend's house if he decided to try to walk, or hitch there? In my quest to find that one statement I came across some other stuff, this being one of them.

BBM. It does seem LE wasn't quick to rule that out, maybe they still haven't.

http://www.canoncitydailyrecord.com/ci_22110078/dad-its-wait-wonder

Maybe. I'm having a hard time thinking he didn't unpack anything at all (I mean not even to change socks or underwear?), but it's certainly possible. If he didn't unpack, grabbing his backpack seems like it'd be the easiest if he headed for his friend's on his own. It does make it more plausible that MR can say nothing of Dylan's was left at his house if nothing was even unpacked, as opposed to him knowing the entire contents of Dylan's backpack. I don't think he's ever claimed to know what's in it, sounds like he's just confirmed to EH that the items she asked about weren't at his house.

On the other hand it makes MR's early thought that Dylan went fishing a lot less plausible. If he's really so close to the several fishing areas that he thought Dylan might go to, would Dylan really take his whole backpack? I mean where's he going to plug in the charger? And was he then planning to also take the fishing pole along while he hitched a ride? Again possible, just seems so unlikely.

There's so much about that hitchhiking scenario that doesn't make sense to me, but I can understand how it would be hard to completely rule out.

I personally find it hard to swallow that "if" Dylan was alive on Monday that at no point did he take anything out of his bag . The bag would of been full of things he needed for his trip and yet at no stage did he take anything out on Sunday night or Monday morning ?!

:cow:

The only reason I found the 3 iPod story strange is because he does not live there for one and so if it at his normal home I get that but its odd he went on 3 different trips (this is a assumption due to you don't need more than 1 iPod at a time ) and randomally just left them behind.And if he was that careless who would lend him another one ,let alone another 2 ?! - plus he also has his iPod touch as well .

I got the impression they were hand me downs, but maybe I'm wrong. I also think that it's possible they were not working -- I don't think the warrant says one way or the other. I think some people (like me) kind of throw malfunctioning electronic devices - cell phones, iPods, etc., in a drawer, hoping they'll somehow cure themselves.

I personally find it hard to swallow that "if" Dylan was alive on Monday that at no point did he take anything out of his bag . The bag would of been full of things he needed for his trip and yet at no stage did he take anything out on Sunday night or Monday morning ?!

:cow:

Me too. You'd think at least a toothbrush, shampoo, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx