Sunday 6/2/13 on True Crime Radio - Elaine Redwine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought it was kind of interesting that MR wanted to have a heads up about where any future searches were going to be held. He seemed to want Elaine to promise she would tell him about each one before they happened. As a parent, I can understand why he might want to be included. But if she has some suspicions about him, then maybe she dos not want to give him that information before the searches start. Is that fair?

that was very interesting.

I don't see why anyone needs to give him the heads up on any future searches. LE should have a map of areas that have been searched and anyone searching should notify LE about where they are searching.

I think there are 2 issues about MR and ER knowing each other's search locations.

- If you don't know the other person's search locations, you may search a location that's already been searched. That would be awful to spend a whole day in an area, and then find out it was effort that could have been spent in a different as yet unsearched area. It would be even worse if you spent money to bring a search team in.

I understand that they might not want to let the other know a search location in advance, for several reasons, but there's an easy compromise - let each other know the search locations afterwards. Make it a point to notify the other within 24 hours or 48 hours - a reasonable amount of time - and stick to it - to avoid conflict.

- The second issue is if you're not going to tell each other your search locations in advance, then for God's sake, don't be childish and unreasonable, and say the other didn't join in a search you had. And let your friends know you don't want to see or hear anyone else saying it either. The idea is to reduce conflict so you can work together as parents - not create conflict - and to work together as well as possible and keep the focus on Dylan - not on your own drama.

All that is easy to see from the outside though, because I'm not embroiled in the conflict. I don't know if either of them will be moving forward from the mediation to try to reduce the conflict. We'll just have to wait and see.

I think there are 2 issues about MR and ER knowing each other's search locations.

- If you don't know the other person's search locations, you may search a location that's already been searched. That would be awful to spend a whole day in an area, and then find out it was effort that could have been spent in a different as yet unsearched area. It would be even worse if you spent money to bring a search team in.

I understand that they might not want to let the other know a search location in advance, for several reasons, but there's an easy compromise - let each other know the search locations afterwards. Make it a point to notify the other within 24 hours or 48 hours - a reasonable amount of time - and stick to it - to avoid conflict.

- The second issue is if you're not going to tell each other your search locations in advance, then for God's sake, don't be childish and unreasonable, and say the other didn't join in a search you had. And let your friends know you don't want to see or hear anyone else saying it either. The idea is to reduce conflict so you can work together as parents - not create conflict - and to work together as well as possible and keep the focus on Dylan - not on your own drama.

All that is easy to see from the outside though, because I'm not embroiled in the conflict. I don't know if either of them will be moving forward from the mediation to try to reduce the conflict. We'll just have to wait and see.

Great points and ideas IMO. I hope the mediator can get to some sort of similar resolution. I especially like the notification that an area has been searched, and the reasonable time frame for this. Seems that would solve a lot of concerns.

I agree that there should be a coordinator keeping track of any cleared areas. But if most of the searches are just a few family members hiking and looking around, then LE will not accept that as 'cleared' area off the grid/

Even if they bring in a search dog or a group of volunteers, it takes a lot of LE to consider that area professionally cleared. JMO

I do agree that if you don't tell someone about an upcoming search, you cannot be critical if they don't take part.

Does anyone know why Dylan conversation is still in the Radio thread instead of his regular thread? I was wondering because it seems like conversation has gone from radio to normal speculation and it's so hard to get here. TIA.

Does anyone know why Dylan conversation is still in the Radio thread instead of his regular thread? I was wondering because it seems like conversation has gone from radio to normal speculation and it's so hard to get here. TIA.

I forgot this was the 'radio' thread until you mentioned it. :angel:

I finally got caught up and listened to last night's radio show.

I personally think the whole mediation thing is a waste of time. Why? Well this is a criminal case. Dylan doesn't appear to have run away and therefore if he is missing it's not because he wanted to go missing. It means he met with some harm of some kind. This is a police matter and it's up to LE and other detectives to investigate to find out what happened and see where the evidence leads them.

The fact that Elaine and Mark don't speak, don't communicate (well or at all) and don't work together is beside the point. Mark either had something to do with Dylan's disappearance or he didn't. Dylan was last seen alive with Mark. LE has to rule Mark in or out. They generally won't make such pronouncements due to legal reasons but it's clear they suspect something happened. Whether it did and whether LE can prove it did remains to be seen. If Mark is involved or did something to Dylan, he,s not going to fess up to his ex-wife either in mediation or anywhere else. So them "talking" isn't going to change anything. Mark has to be open and honest with LE. If he hasn't yet, he should take a polygraph. Mark Klaas would tell him this. Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

A tracking dog losing a scent 50 ft from the last known place, and that place is the house, is highly suspicious. It means Dylan did not walk away; he got into or was put into a vehicle and that vehicle was very close to his house.

A kid "going fishing" or being outside would not take chargers with him (cell phone, iPod, etc). Where would he plug those things in? Those items were removed, along with his backpack. I call that hinky.

This case reminds me of the Kyron Horman case. One custodial parent last seen with the victim and then poof. Mediators are not needed, what's needed is more search resources (like TX Equisearch), more police investigation, help from others like the FBI.

I agree that mediation is a waste of time, as far as finding Dylan goes. I think Elaine was bullied into it and it probably will not last long.

He must have been an OKAY student at least, since he played on the baseball team. Most schools require C+ GPA at the very least to play.

I'm still at who cares what kind of student he was! If he got all D's or F's., I don't think it would have any bearing on the fact that he ceased to communicate with anyone the evening he arrived at his father's house.

I finally got caught up and listened to last night's radio show.

I personally think the whole mediation thing is a waste of time. Why? Well this is a criminal case. Dylan doesn't appear to have run away and therefore if he is missing it's not because he wanted to go missing. It means he met with some harm of some kind. This is a police matter and it's up to LE and other detectives to investigate to find out what happened and see where the evidence leads them.

The fact that Elaine and Mark don't speak, don't communicate (well or at all) and don't work together is beside the point. Mark either had something to do with Dylan's disappearance or he didn't. Dylan was last seen alive with Mark. LE has to rule Mark in or out. They generally won't make such pronouncements due to legal reasons but it's clear they suspect something happened. Whether it did and whether LE can prove it did remains to be seen. If Mark is involved or did something to Dylan, he,s not going to fess up to his ex-wife either in mediation or anywhere else. So them "talking" isn't going to change anything. Mark has to be open and honest with LE. If he hasn't yet, he should take a polygraph. Mark Klaas would tell him this. Those with nothing to hide, hide nothing.

A tracking dog losing a scent 50 ft from the last known place, and that place is the house, is highly suspicious. It means Dylan did not walk away; he got into or was put into a vehicle and that vehicle was very close to his house.

A kid "going fishing" or being outside would not take chargers with him (cell phone, iPod, etc). Where would he plug those things in? Those items were removed, along with his backpack. I call that hinky.

This case reminds me of the Kyron Horman case. One custodial parent last seen with the victim and then poof. Mediators are not needed, what's needed is more search resources (like TX Equisearch), more police investigation, help from others like the FBI.

:cheers:
:yourock:
:goodpost:

What does it mean when MR says:

"we will see where we are at after our meeting wednesday.".

What is that about?

ETA: It sounds like he expects ER to do or say something in exchange for info from him? Does he want the FB's to come down?

What is that about?

ETA: It sounds like he expects ER to do or say something in exchange for info from him? Does he want the FB's to come down?

Why is always coming off like he is threatening or trying to intimidate her? At least, in my opinion. I think she will give it a try and then realize it is of no use. And the he can gloat like a child, claiming she wouldn't go through with it. Why is this so important to him?? SHE certainly does not know what happened to Dylan. He just wants another chance to taunt her as he did on DP and he can't get to her any other way. I am sorry but I find this man to be incredibly unlikable.

Great points and ideas IMO. I hope the mediator can get to some sort of similar resolution. I especially like the notification that an area has been searched, and the reasonable time frame for this. Seems that would solve a lot of concerns.

LE keeps a map of the areas searched. Searchers have been notifying them all along.

What is that about?

I don't remember that part. What were he and Tricia saying right before that? Or do you remember about where in the interview it was and I'll listen to it tomorrow morning.

I don't remember that part. What were he and Tricia saying right before that? Or do you remember about where in the interview it was and I'll listen to it tomorrow morning.

I wish we had a transcript. I am soooooo bad at trying to listen and type fast enough. I might try to do some of it. Maybe it we all split it up in little parts.

LE keeps a map of the areas searched. Searchers have been notifying them all along.

That makes sense. Does MR not have access to these maps? I'm confused as to why he wants more info about areas searched if he can get to them.

Has MR said if he left his house locked or unlocked? TIA

That makes sense. Does MR not have access to these maps? I'm confused as to why he wants more info about areas searched if he can get to them.

if he has access to the LE maps then why does EH need to tell him anything? IMO it really sounds like he wants to control her, he wants to hear it from her, he wants her dancing to his tune.

I don't recall that ever being mentioned

Thank you. I didn't want to ask, assuming this had been asked and answered somewhere way back.

Tricia's BTR interview got me visualizing reasonable possibilities, but I couldn't get past whether the house was locked up or not. Most people in rural areas (who I know) never lock their doors, though I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Seng Naw