Support Thread: Jurors

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree. I applaud the jury for coming to a difficult verdict. They very easily could have in the same amount of time deliberated and said "guilty" and everyone would have given them a parade. Instead, they delivered an unpopular verdict, and they're going to deal with public scrutiny for some time.

It may not be perfect, but I support our justice system and jury trials.

Professional polling on the Casey Anthony jury verdicts paints a slightly different picture than "National Outrage". I would guess that most Americans are NOT familiar with all of the evidence and testimony, but IMO as the days and weeks go by, more thoughtful reflection and commentary on the evidence, testimony, and jury instructions will prevail. Its a perfect opportunity to educate on the U.S. justice system.

InsiderAdvantage: The survey polled 1,566 adults, for a margin of error of plus or minus 2.8 percent. Poll data have been weighted for age, race and gender. 56% disagree with Anthony verdict.

only 56% disagree?

USA TODAY/Gallup Poll: according to the poll of 1,010 adults Wednesday night....Women were more than twice as likely as men, 28% vs. 11%, to think Anthony definitely murdered 2-year-old Caylee. Twenty-seven percent of women said they were angry about the verdict, compared with 9% of men.

only appx 20% think she "definitely" murdered Caylee?

that leaves 80% who think either she "probably" murdered Caylee, are not sure, or think she didn't...etc...all of which fall into the "reasonable doubt" category.

I think this is very telling that the jurors got it right.

I was really saddened to find this in the news today. I hope her and her husband will find some peace.

http://fieldnotes.msnbc.msn.com/_ne...iserable-postscript-for-a-casey-anthony-juror

And now, they both face vitriol from those who are unwilling to accept a jury of peers reached a fair verdict based on the evidence presented.

In a back room, the husband has a manila envelope filled with letters.

Each is a request from a different news organization asking Juror number 12 for an interview.

Her husband had packed his own bag and says he’s ready to leave if and when the court releases his wife’s name. For now, the court record of all the jurors’ names remains sealed.

Her husband says, before she left the state to escape, she told him “I’d rather go to jail that sit on a jury like this again.”

I was really saddened to find this in the news today. I hope her and her husband will find some peace.

How terrible. I really feel for these jurors. I really hope people take a step back and remember these jurors are people.

My hat is off to the civic minded jurors in this case,
They worked long and hard as HHJP set the pace.

The hours turned to days and the days turned to weeks,
Uncomplaining they toiled through lows and through peaks.

Apart from their families and lives that they left behind,
Amidst a few strangers they continued to grind.

Sequestered from everyone to complete this hard task,
Is a little support for them really too much to ask?

They viewed photos that would make most of us weep,
Then went back to a motel room and tried to get to sleep.

To these upstanding American citizens I find its my place,
To take my hat off to the civic minded jurors in this case!

I say thank you jurors, I sincerely appreciate the job you have done, and all the discomforts you had to endure during this sequestration.

My hat is off to the civic minded jurors in this case,
They worked long and hard as HHJP set the pace.

The hours turned to days and the days turned to weeks,
Uncomplaining they toiled through lows and through peaks.

Apart from their families and lives that they left behind,
Amidst a few strangers they continued to grind.

Sequestered from everyone to complete this hard task,
Is a little support for them really too much to ask?

They viewed photos that would make most of us weep,
Then went back to a motel room and tried to get to sleep.

To these upstanding American citizens I find its my place,
To take my hat off to the civic minded jurors in this case!

I say thank you jurors, I sincerely appreciate the job you have done, and all the discomforts you had to endure during this sequestration.

Thank you for taking the time to write this. Cheers, and hats off to you!

Okay you guys - I have had it. I have unapproved more posts in this thread than any other thread I've read and this one is only 3 pages long.

I have explained this over and over - this is the LAST TIME!

ANYONE ELSE THAT POSTS NEGATIVE COMMENTARY IN THIS THREAD WILL BE RECOMMENDED FOR A 48 HOUR TIME OUT - NO EXCUSES, NO APOLOGIES.

Enough is enough. STOP. Think before you post. This is a support thread.

IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT - THEN DON'T POST IN THIS THREAD

This means YOU!

Bump for poor juror #12. JP mentioned one juror in particular had security issues. Wonder if this was her. She didn't leave the state because she was embarrassed.

I just went back and read the last few pages and I have to say this thread is just about the only thing keeping me on the forum. I have been extremely distressed by how things have been in the last week. I expected it toward Casey and the DT. The nastiness toward the jury just makes me sick. It seems to go back to the jury in a lot of threads here.

You know, if they all did this to "cash in" they certainly are doing it wrong. AFAIK, one juror got a publicist and was trying to land a good sum for an interview. 1 out of 16.

Besides #6. We have #3 who did the ABC interview, #2 did a newspaper interview but insisted on staying anonymous and the alternate who did a bunch of interviews last Tues/Weds. Am I missing anyone?

These people are scared. Serving on a jury in a murder trial is hard, In case like this? This kind of thing can cause problems in future problems, right? In jury selections for future trials people may not want to serve on "controversial" cases because they don't want to filleted and fed to piranhas.

I wish more people could refocus this anger into something positive like Caylee's law or the many other missing/murdered children cases unsolved. I do appreciate websleuths encourages members to look at other cases and has the banner at the top of the page noting another case.

The foreman sounded pretty intelligent to me. It sounds to me like the jury did exactly what they were supposed to do. The other jurors that have been interviewed also seemed intelligent.

I sincerely hope none of those crazies on the fringe type of people go too far and actually harm any of the jurors. I wish them all well.

In thinking about this scenario with Juror #12, who has already gone into hiding and retired from her job, are there laws in the United States that protect jurors after they have served? I was just curious. And after I heard this, I was really glad that Judge Perry sealed their names; he knew this was coming.

Please let her feel safe and protected.

I hope they never release their names..is there a law that says they have to?

I just went back and read the last few pages and I have to say this thread is just about the only thing keeping me on the forum. I have been extremely distressed by how things have been in the last week. I expected it toward Casey and the DT. The nastiness toward the jury just makes me sick. It seems to go back to the jury in a lot of threads here.

You know, if they all did this to "cash in" they certainly are doing it wrong. AFAIK, one juror got a publicist and was trying to land a good sum for an interview. 1 out of 16.

Besides #6. We have #3 who did the ABC interview, #2 did a newspaper interview but insisted on staying anonymous and the alternate who did a bunch of interviews last Tues/Weds. Am I missing anyone?

These people are scared. Serving on a jury in a murder trial is hard, In case like this? This kind of thing can cause problems in future problems, right? In jury selections for future trials people may not want to serve on "controversial" cases because they don't want to filleted and fed to piranhas.

I wish more people could refocus this anger into something positive like Caylee's law or the many other missing/murdered children cases unsolved. I do appreciate websleuths encourages members to look at other cases and has the banner at the top of the page noting another case.

I agree with you. I am thankful for this thread, or I would of been gone. I cringed every time the Jury is being attack. They did their job, and since its not what people wanted or expected they are getting attacked, verbally. I do not understand how grown adults can act this way since we teach are children not to.

I agree with you. I am thankful for this thread, or I would of been gone. I cringed every time the Jury is being attack. They did their job, and since its not what people wanted or expected they are getting attacked, verbally. I do not understand how grown adults can act this way since we teach are children not to.

I agree with you. It is hard for me not to be snarky when I read them. Then, I think about why Juror #11 won't show his face and why Juror #12 is in hiding. In order for a person to take those drastic measures, he/she must have had some serious threats. When I think about that, I wonder why people feel so entitled to actually convey their anger into a mean act--a mean sign, constant harrassment, or even a death threat. Why would you convey your feelings on the subject in such a way that would have you labelled as a "self-righteous zealot"? That is my saving grace though, because I would rather read snarky comments on the subject in the forums because I think that whether we feel one way or another, most of us have the common sense to express ourselves verbally, rather than act it out in some horrible way that would physically harm, embarrass, or scare someone who did their civil duty.

Despite being tired of the debate, this thread is a welcome escape from the negativity clouding the discussion. I am thankful for those of you that post here and I really appreciate your input.

Wow, that was quick. Thanks mods for deleting that last post. I just don't even know any more.

Today is day 7, did JP ever issue his ruling? I know 7 days was one cooling off period proposed.

I have the deepest respect for this jury and their decisions, and I am sorry, though not surprised, that they have become a lightening rod for criticism and ugliness.

Thank you everyone for posting all of your thoughts. I am also grateful for this thread. <modsnip> I got carried away with my own responses -- and found myself on a 24 TO (which I am totally okay with!!!). It helped me cool down and I am able to debate now again without making things personal. Cheers to all.

I'll add the juror that had a cruise on July 7th? Was this person seated on the final jury? I read HERE before the verdict that this person was not the case. NG mentioned this last night but she has a chronic allergy to actual facts.

After seeing the SP juror on NG repeatedly, I looked up his book [ame="http://www.amazon.com/We-Jury-Deciding-Peterson-ebook/dp/B0018CK9MI/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top"]Amazon.com: We, the Jury: Deciding the Scott Peterson Case eBook: Mike Belmessieri, Dennis Lear, Greg Beratlis, Tom Marino, Julie Zanartu, Frank Swertlow, Richelle Nice, John Guinasso, Lyndon Stambler: Kindle Store@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51LhdYjtUpL.@@AMEPARAM@@51LhdYjtUpL[/ame] Some of the reviews are rather enlightening. Especially this one about the deliberation

I found the pictures taken of them partying at the hotel a little unnerving. For people who were supposedly having such a hard time, the pics of them drinking and sitting on each others laps give a different impression.

Obviously, this from a negative review of the book and I haven't read the book for context, which I plan to do. A bunch of the 4 and 5 star reviews have some comments some comments that may sound a little familiar.

I would like to add my support for the jury and their verdict. I have served on 4 juries and it is not easy. You have to follow the LAW,,,emotions have to be put aside and not considered at all....I have not followed this case on forums and boards and such, but i did watch every moment of the trial...I of course heard things over the past few years but did not get emotionally involved...I would have come up with the exact same verdict...i'm not slamming the prosecution at all, but i did not feel that they proved their case, there were alot of holes that i saw, even a few that were not pointed out by the defense...

I wish people would try to put themselves in their shoes...and i agree with the person who said earlier that alot of the loudest people have probably never even served on a jury, so they have no clue...

this whole thing makes me very sad...I wish the jury well..and hope they can move on with their lives soon...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back