SURPRISE HEARING Friday 18th August

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
PLEASE LEAVE THE SNARK AT THE DOOR.
This is an emotional, heated topic. if you can't discuss without personally insulting one another then move to another area of the forum where you can keep it in check.

This is the only warning that will be posted.

Please alert on offending posts.

this post lands randomly on the thread.

Thank you wasn't enough... ;)

It seems like some people forget that these 3 were young teenagers accused of a horrific crime. I'm not the same person I was when I was 18 and I'm sure that goes for many other people as well.

These guys have done a lot of growing up in prison, no doubt. People need to start looking beyond how they acted when they were young and stupid and wanting to stick it to the man.

What if some of us just believe they are guilty? Since they were young, we just let 'em go?

I am not as well versed as some of you-has the Innocence Project been involved in this case at all?

I'm not sure, a friend asked that very question last night, I haven't had a chance to look into it, sorry

TDevonFox Tealy Devereaux
People being let into courtroom one by one.
28 seconds ago

Tealy Devereaux
TDevonFox Tealy Devereaux
Can't tweet inside. Will begin again when we get out. Then heading to news conference.
4 minutes ago

FYI, AR Attorney General Dustin McDaniel is running for governor in 2014. IMO makes for intersting timing.

"Two candidates—Attorney General Dustin McDaniel and U.S. Rep. Mike Ross, the six-term congressman from south (and now part of northwest) Arkansas—are gearing up for the race."

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/2014-here-we-come/Content?oid=1694330

"Until now, Attorney General Dustin McDaniel's office has stood by the convictions and fought against new proceedings. Because of the gag order, the AG's office cannot comment on this latest development."

http://www.todaysthv.com/news/article/169461/377/Surprise-hearing-for-West-Memphis-3-Friday

@ashblackstone
Ashley Blackstone
Gettin ready to go through security. Women's purses will be checked. Cell phones will then all be turned off. No texts or tweets. #WM3
5 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

JMO, ITA, it's about getting the state off the hook for massive compensation. JMO

Would you agree to that if you were in prison all these years and knew you were totally innocent? I'd want to get compensated and big time too. Not just a here you go....sign this and you're on your way but by signing this you have to admit guilt to the crime. HUH???? Makes absolutely no sense to me.

I'm not sure, a friend asked that very question last night, I haven't had a chance to look into it, sorry

They are aware of the case, and monitor it, but the Innocence Project only gets involved when someone has no other means of defense. These three have had a support group for longer than the Innocence Project has even existed so they've never needed their help.

I think they did file an Amicus brief with the ASSC to protest against Judge Burnett's interpretation of the DNA statute though.

TDevonFox tweet

Natalie from Dixie Chicks reporting gag order lifted and WM3 will go free.

That's not what I said.

No you didn't say that. And no offense to anyone, quite frankly imo, our opinions don't matter. Doesn't stop us from voicing them, and it definitely shouldn't stop us from voicing them here IMO

It seems like some people forget that these 3 were young teenagers accused of a horrific crime. I'm not the same person I was when I was 18 and I'm sure that goes for many other people as well.

These guys have done a lot of growing up in prison, no doubt. People need to start looking beyond how they acted when they were young and stupid and wanting to stick it to the man.

They were convicted not just accused. Young and stupid is no excuse to murder.

TDevonFox
Natalie from Dixie Chicks reporting gag order lifted and WM3 will go free.

PLEASE LEAVE THE SNARK AT THE DOOR.
This is an emotional, heated topic. if you can't discuss without personally insulting one another then move to another area of the forum where you can keep it in check.

This is the only warning that will be posted.

Please alert on offending posts.

this post lands randomly on the thread.
Bumping...

It seems to me that some of you people forget that these 3 were convicted in a court of law for brutally murdering three innocent children and one of them has confessed, multiple times and even in the presence of his defense lawyer who begged him not to confess.

There are enough holes and doubt in the case that they are being granted new hearings.

Someone murdered those 3 boys and hopefully with the advancements in DNA testing since 93' it can shed some more light on things.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back