Surprise witness supposedly may testify as early as tomorrow...

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So - if HHJBP was in fact the prosecutor on VT's case, is that considered a conflict of interest legally/ethically??? Is that what the DT is trying to accomplish here - getting yet another judge to recuse himself? Hopefully one of our lawyer posters can clarify. AGH - this case is making me nuts. That's why I don't post on the ICA forum much.. I appreciate all of you who do post, but even just reading about this circus sometimes makes me wanna :banghead: moo

Nah, don't worry. It will be a non-issue because the guy had no connection to this case. I suppose if one of the key witnesses had been prosecuted by Judge P, then there might be some things to work through.

But this is the reddest herring of all. And there have been a dozen red herrings at least. IMO, this is just going to be one of the things that add to the judge's anger tomorrow morning.

So - if HHJBP was in fact the prosecutor on VT's case, is that considered a conflict of interest legally/ethically??? Is that what the DT is trying to accomplish here - getting yet another judge to recuse himself? Hopefully one of our lawyer posters can clarify. AGH - this case is making me nuts. That's why I don't post on the ICA forum much.. I appreciate all of you who do post, but even just reading about this circus sometimes makes me wanna :banghead: moo

Hi pharmchick,
I don't think the DT is smart enough to have linked VT and his 1988 case to HHJBP -- if there is indeed any link. I think it would just be another major bizarro event in the JB produced circus. Plus, now with the VT story unfolding as it is and becoming even more of an embarrassment to JB, I think it would be difficult to claim any kind of conflict of interest -- although I do not lay claim to being a chemist or botanist -- and certainly not a lawyer! I agree with getting this over to the WS Legal Questions Thread -- bless their overworked souls.
:tyou:

Yes, it 'seems' that she had no plans. But she did in fact make a fake e-mail to convince her mother she worked at Universal. And she stole funds from 3 separate people, 3 separate bank accounts, forging checks and going to a bank and cashing them. I would not have the slightest idea how to carry that through. And if in fact she did make chloroform --she is more advanced that we thought. She was able to live a lie, an entire life of lies and keep it all going with a large group of people in her everyday life.

So given that--why did she do such an awful job with the nanny story and with the body in the trunk and the burial items from her home? And using duct tape on the body and then putting it back in her garage, after using it on Dad's gas cans? None of that makes any sense at all. UNLESS I THINK SHE WAS TRYING TO TIE IT ALL BACK TO HER DAD.

If she had that as a 'master plan', then she could just party down and have a good time, not worry, not run away. Because when it finally hits the fan she can tell her purposely stupid 'nanny' lie, tell LE an obvious huge web of lies, purposely, knowing all along she is going to eventually point the whole thing back home.

I mean, who of us has not wondered WHY she would make up such an unbelievable and so easily disproven set of lies. She tells them she called and texted and emailed the nanny all of the time. WHY SAY THAT? She had to know it was instantly disproven. It worked to her advantage because she wanted to show she was protecting someone.

Watch--she is going to take the stand and say her father was behind the whole thing. He taught her to lie about 'working' and he knew all along. There ar so many ways she can throw him under the bus. wow

I agree she did all of those things, and managed to con a lot of people, but was it really because she was that cunning and/or a masterful liar? Or was it because it because they just didn't call her on her BS? I just wonder, because I don't see a lot of the initial interviews with people who knew her for any length of time saying "Oh I can't believe Casey would ever lie" , most of them, IIRC seemed to agree that lying was a habit for her. She sort of had a cohesive thread going with the nanny story and work (by that I means she mentions the same people, in the same context) but a lot of the things she said are just out of left field, and she goes into waaay too much detail.

I never really wondered why she made up such awful lies, I just kind of figured she wasn't all that bright to begin with. I'm not saying she's stupid, but I've seen some masterful liars in my lifetime, and Casey is nowhere in that league. I wonder, if she was able to come up with this detailed and cunning plan to frame George from the beginning, why didn't she just find a better place to hide the body? And say somebody snatched Caylee in the park or something? I know, Casey's twisted and CCFCP but I just can't see her having the foresight to plan something this huge. MOO

BBM

That is what I used to think. I thought they just aimed the bus at George because she used things from the house. But 2 things have made me change my mind to now believing she framed him from day one.

1. There are key things she did in the beginning that now point back to him, that are a little too perfect to be accidental.

- her putting the duct tape on her dad's gas cans/returning the tape to house
-her telling both Amy and Tony things connecting George to the car and to the smell in the trunk
-George being last one to see Caylee
-abandoning the car with the stink in the trunk
-there are more I cannot think of now
[These are things that have always bothered me because I know she is smarter than that.]

2. It always bothered me that she did so many 'stupid' things during those 31 days. And the only 'explanation' that can help her is if she was covering for a loved one. Voila--Daddy. So how perfect is it that she used the things from home and dumped the body so close and left her in the trunk. Because people are now saying she would never do that, she must have been framed.

PERFECT way for her to bring down everyone in her dysfunctional family. 'Prove' that her dad disposed of her dead child in a very ugly way and tried to frame her. So she becomes the victim and is pitied and adored once again.

I really think that she decided to point this whole thing back to Dad from the very beginning. And tomorrow begins the full on attack. imoo

As far as the vent holes that were missing the cap, I think ICA removed them in hopes that the venting gas would mask the smell of the decomposition in her trunk.

Can you believe we are watching the result of three yrs preparing for trial? Daddy did it? Is that all those two geniuses have come up with?

TC, Robin

So RC/KH has changed her story now, and not only were her and GA in an intimate relationship, unlike she told detectives, she also stated in a interview that GA admitted to her (in Nov. 2008) that Caylee's death was and accident that "spiraled out of control". Imagine that... before she was found... how sickening!

I knew from watching GA's face in the opening statements that he was involved. Maybe this will bring down the house of cards down quickly, and honest Justice For Caylee will be served on all the conspirators! JMO

:tyou: trapshooter and avalonblue and azlawyer and everyone else. So hard to keep up sometimes!!!!

You're right, I was definitely giving the DT too much credit to make the connection. Haha.

Glad to know that is one less non-issue to derail the proceedings. I just want to see justice for Caylee! I feel like she is getting lost in all this... definitely not among us at WS, but in the media and elsewhere. Makes me sick.

So RC/KH has changed her story now, and not only were her and GA in an intimate relationship, unlike she told detectives, she also stated in a interview that GA admitted to her (in Nov. 2008) that Caylee's death was and accident that "spiraled out of control". Imagine that... before she was found... how sickening!

I knew from watching GA's face in the opening statements that he was involved. Maybe this will bring down the house of cards down quickly, and honest Justice For Caylee will be served on all the conspirators! JMO

Is that all it takes to convince you of his involvement? Many here rationalized the same thing; it was an accident that spiraled out of control. Guess we need to round them all up. Arrest the whole lot of them.

Seriously though, don't you think that maybe that was a father's desperate hope that his daughter was not a murderer and there was an innocent explanation to it all? Or, maybe, it wouldn't impress his new gf much to say "Yeah, I really believe I raised a spiteful, evil daughter that took the life of her own child" so he just kind of fudged a little.

ETA: We better remind the DT that Jesse Grund said the same thing. He must be involved too.

He didn't 'admit' it was an accident that spiraled out of control, just that was what he suspected may have happened. Both CA and GA spoke of a possible accidental drowning long before he had this alleged conversation with River.

Yes, it 'seems' that she had no plans. But she did in fact make a fake e-mail to convince her mother she worked at Universal. And she stole funds from 3 separate people, 3 separate bank accounts, forging checks and going to a bank and cashing them. I would not have the slightest idea how to carry that through. And if in fact she did make chloroform --she is more advanced that we thought. She was able to live a lie, an entire life of lies and keep it all going with a large group of people in her everyday life.

So given that--why did she do such an awful job with the nanny story and with the body in the trunk and the burial items from her home? And using duct tape on the body and then putting it back in her garage, after using it on Dad's gas cans? None of that makes any sense at all. UNLESS I THINK SHE WAS TRYING TO TIE IT ALL BACK TO HER DAD.

If she had that as a 'master plan', then she could just party down and have a good time, not worry, not run away. Because when it finally hits the fan she can tell her purposely stupid 'nanny' lie, tell LE an obvious huge web of lies, purposely, knowing all along she is going to eventually point the whole thing back home.

I mean, who of us has not wondered WHY she would make up such an unbelievable and so easily disproven set of lies. She tells them she called and texted and emailed the nanny all of the time. WHY SAY THAT? She had to know it was instantly disproven. It worked to her advantage because she wanted to show she was protecting someone.

Watch--she is going to take the stand and say her father was behind the whole thing. He taught her to lie about 'working' and he knew all along. There ar so many ways she can throw him under the bus. wow

I think it is because she was best at lying to family and friends. Her family rarely questioned her lies, and the reason she didn't have a longtime close circle of friends is because she moves on after she has taken enough and lied enough.

When the time came for her to lie to professionals, she folded like a cheap suit. She isn't used to being called on a lie. She usually bolts before the questions come. This was a new concept to her.

TC, Robin

BBM
Right, River Cruz has changed her story now....all the more reason why she will not be believed! She has contacted several in the media for interviews right before her testimony not to mention the Enquirer article w/this new story... again, all the more reason she will not be believed. The Prosecution will have no problem ripping her to shreds if she chooses to get on the stand and lie.

Yep they sure can. Plus in this she claims to have given GA $4200. Now that's quite a bit of money. Wonder if she can prove it? Probably not - just say I gave him cash.

What a circus.

RBBM: "What a circus" ... complete with Side Shows !!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM: I agree -- $4200 is quite a bit of money -- especially since she "claims" she just met GA at the search tent.

I may be in the minority (and will eat crow if I'm wrong) but I believe the Anthony's are fully behind JB et al in all this, and have received all the DT's memos and scripts. JMO

:rocker: I am with you, Oakley and I totally agree with your post !

The ENTIRE "DEFENSE" including the A's, is very hinky !

BBM: And I'll join you if I am wrong ... :seeya:

IF she testifies tommorrow then it will be the start of the 'case against George' portion of the trial. We will hear all of the bad things he did in his past I suppose. I am not sure how they can get those all admitted since he is not technically the one on trial.

All of these little 'clues' that the DT is going to use against George. CASEY SET HIM UP. Think about it.

-She told Amy that her dad borrowed the car and hit a dead animal she thinks.
-She told TL that her dad picked up the car from Amscott when she ditched it.
-SHE put the duct tape on the gas cans!
-And she was the one who put the duct tape back in the garage.
-SHE LEFT THE LADDER UP ON THE 17th!
-She says on camera " don't worry, I didnt tell them anything.'
-she told the 'nanny lie' -one of the most ridiculous stories ever
- George was the 'last one' to see Caylee, besides casey
- she put a 'dead body smell' in her car and then left it to be towed/taken
-she dumped her child 1/4 mile from home with things from the garage

All of this time i thought she was just stupid for using things from the home. But she was framing her father all along. And here we are.

I've never heard that before, when did she say this " don't worry, I didnt tell them anything.' ?

I'm really worried for George, because all of the above along with RCs testimony(if she testifies) could put an element of doubt in the jurys mind.

RBBM: "What a circus" ... complete with Side Shows !!! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

BBM: I agree -- $4200 is quite a bit of money -- especially since she "claims" she just met GA at the search tent.

And the there's the weird lie/cover-up of how she had that much money to 'spare'. Didn't she say she had told people she was awarded the money from some kind of settlement with a food distributor or something? But that it hadn't been true?

I found Mr. Thompson to be very well spoken and a snazzy dresser.
If it is him, I hope he rams things home against the dt.:maddening:
IMO

You are right! He was very well spoken and dressed to the "nines" as my Grandma used to say. AND…he had better pocket squares than JB.:great:

I've never heard that before, when did she say this " don't worry, I didnt tell them anything.' ?

I'm really worried for George, because all of the above along with RCs testimony(if she testifies) could put an element of doubt in the jurys mind.

In the very first jailhouse visit between KC and CA/GA....Cindy starts off by saying "We forgive anything that you've said or done".....KC responds "Don't Worry, I Haven't Said Anything" then changes the subject.

I never believed the $4200 bs. WHERE did she get $4200? She wasn't even working at the time!
I'd say what I think of her, but I don't want to offend.

In her interview w/OCSO she stated that GA said, "I really believe it was an accident. And it just went wrong and she tried to cover it up".

It begins on page 16, line 25 of this PDF:
http://www.docstoc.com/docs/33391142/River-Cruz-Krystal-Holloway-OCSO-Interviews

It's an 84 page PDF and has some interesting stuff. I personally believe she is a pretty shady character that has inserted herself for her 15 minutes, but she may decide she should have tended to her knitting when JA is thru with her. JMO

In her interview w/OCSO she stated that GA said, "I really believe it was an accident. And it just went wrong and she tried to cover it up".

Even if he said so it just sounds like wishful thinking to me, not a confession that he was there, knows everything that happened and dumped the body. Who wouldn't prefer to believe that his daughter covered up an accident over believing that she's done something horrible? And anyway, some guys might think that saying your daughter may have murdered your granddaughter would spoil the mood with a casual girlfriend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman