Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possible, I knew someone similar to your example, didn't fit in with his age group yet was "the man" with the 2-3 yr. younger crowd during high school.

Like I posted earlier, drugs make odd relationships. I've read several cases similar to this one (as far as business deals gone bad), but they involved drugs or gangs in some way, mostly on the suspects part.

I think TB was totally innocent to any of that however it wouldn't matter if the other two were into drugs/gangs or satanic stuff.

I do believe DM would have the nature and financing to be the initiator of a ship of fools. Maybe everything was fun, games and adrenaline until someone got in the way.

Yes, it was your post about drugs and odd relationships that made me think of how a relationship may have formed between DM and MS, and the example I recalled.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that Tim Bosma was a 100% innocent victim in this awful tragedy. Yes, I think he just "got in the way" of someone who wanted what he had. If only they had known that what he had as a kind and decent human being was far more than they could ever wish for.

MOO

What concerns me about the event is.... was there a #3 or not and where was the chase car parked and why? If it was parked close enough to walk to TB's, why? Very odd, smacks of a premeditated plan of some kind. Why not just drive it up to TB's? Nothing to hide right? They let SB see them both.

Why was DM & MS together to start with?
Maybe DM was buying the truck for MS anyway?
All MOO

I still think there was a third. It's the only way it can make sense to me that a vehicle could have followed them that soon. Unless, of course, it was just a random vehicle going down the road at the same time on the video. I tried to go back to the first articles about TB missing and all I could find said that it was "believed" that they were dropped off by a third person, or it's unclear how they arrived but posts on social media suggest they were dropped off by a third person. I also found a post on a Canada reddit forum by someone who seems to be an acquaintance of TB that also said they were dropped off by a third person.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/10/missing-hamilton-man-tim-bosnas-cell-phone-found-in-brantford

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2556278-tim-bosma-disappearance-a-homicide-investigation/

Considering the location of TB's house, I find it unlikely that they would expect anyone to believe they had walked there, especially since they said they were from Toronto. Perhaps they only left the vehicle on the road at the end of the drive and out of sight so that a description of it wouldn't be available. But still, from the first reportings, it sounded like the vehicle was seen on video very soon after they left on the test drive. If there were only the two of them, that wouldn't leave much time to get back to it and follow each other away.

I still think there was a third. It's the only way it can make sense to me that a vehicle could have followed them that soon. Unless, of course, it was just a random vehicle going down the road at the same time on the video. I tried to go back to the first articles about TB missing and all I could find said that it was "believed" that they were dropped off by a third person, or it's unclear how they arrived but posts on social media suggest they were dropped off by a third person. I also found a post on a Canada reddit forum by someone who seems to be an acquaintance of TB that also said they were dropped off by a third person.

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/10/missing-hamilton-man-tim-bosnas-cell-phone-found-in-brantford

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2556278-tim-bosma-disappearance-a-homicide-investigation/

Considering the location of TB's house, I find it unlikely that they would expect anyone to believe they had walked there, especially since they said they were from Toronto. Perhaps they only left the vehicle on the road at the end of the drive and out of sight so that a description of it wouldn't be available. But still, from the first reportings, it sounded like the vehicle was seen on video very soon after they left on the test drive. If there were only the two of them, that wouldn't leave much time to get back to it and follow each other away.

Could be a #3. It would seem to be mathematically correct, could be the overseer of the whole event and the ride that dropped them off.

I think the nearest camera possibility is at/near Wilson St/52 and that's 2.4k from TB's. More than enough time to murder and then have one get into the Yukon if there was only DM & MS. Also IIRC the original info said the Ram was seen? in Brantford which leads me to think video.

I would think with the Yukon forensically sampled, LE would know if they have a third suspect or not.
Matching markers(prints/DNA/blood/fiber/soil/etc.)with known friends and their alibis would begin to shed light on the possibility and ID of #3

Could be a #3. It would seem to be mathematically correct, could be the overseer of the whole event and the ride that dropped them off.

I think the nearest camera possibility is at/near Wilson St/52 and that's 2.4k from TB's. More than enough time to murder and then have one get into the Yukon if there was only DM & MS. Also IIRC the original info said the Ram was seen? in Brantford which leads me to think video.

I would think with the Yukon forensically sampled, LE would know if they have a third suspect or not.
Matching markers(prints/DNA/blood/fiber/soil/etc.)with known friends and their alibis would begin to shed light on the possibility and ID of #3

Unless, they found nothing in the Yukon except DM's prints. Which could mean that DM is the one who changed vehicles, or that it wasn't even the Yukon in the poor video copy they had.

It's because of how all the reports said the trailing vehicle was seen following as they left TB's home that gave me the impression that the time lapse was not very long between picking up TB and when the video was taken.

There is absolutely no question in my mind that Tim Bosma was a 100% innocent victim in this awful tragedy. Yes, I think he just "got in the way" of someone who wanted what he had. If only they had known that what he had as a kind and decent human being was far more than they could ever wish for.

MOO
Agreed 100%. TB, DM and MS were not that far apart in age and yet the differences of how they chose to live there lives was so markedly different. One man works hard and has a loving strong family and a tight knit group of friends, the other two bozos "appear" to live empty and aimless lives without purpose or ambition. It's easy to see how DM could stand out with other underachievers like MS. Especially, if he has the $$ to fund their lifestyles.

He didnt have the bruisins days before at the wedding. The general agreement by all here is things got rough during arrrest. We know of no other conflict after wedding day. This was covered in depth here shortly after his arrest and first court date if you want to go back and check out the great sleuthing!

IMO police Halton wouldn't want to scuff him up during the arrest. We're not in Texas. Again, my opinion. When you get into jail, it's very much about status/alpha. If he was put in with someone else he likely got into a fight as a way to get the inmates not to touch him moving forward.

IMO police Halton wouldn't want to scuff him up during the arrest. We're not in Texas. Again, my opinion. When you get into jail, it's very much about status/alpha. If he was put in with someone else he likely got into a fight as a way to get the inmates not to touch him moving forward.

If he resisted arrest? Also I know he lives in Halton but was it Halton police or Hamilton police that nabbed him? If Hamilton police who'd been on the case for 2 weeks already, I can see them scuffing him up. The wounds didn't appear severe. For heavens sake my arm is black and blue from a little hook sticking out of a door frame 4 days ago. It doesn't take much and if questioned they'd say "he resisted arrest".

But you could be right.

What could have happened that day plays over and over in my head.. I rewind it and try to add in any new tips or information from MSM that may provide clarity... To this day, we are still all pretty much in the dark about how and why Tim was killed May 6.

Matou raises an interesting point... What about this theory;
- MS & DM go test driving Dodge ram Trucks
- DM does want to buy a newer one, or second one so that maybe him and his friends can pull 2 cars down to Mexico
- DM has the cash on him, MS is not aware of this
- They pick up Tim and truck and are driving
- DM says, I have the cash and shows Tim, possible DM wants to take the truck that night
- MS see's the cash and is shocked, never seen that type of money before, can't believe it...
- MS possibly goes after DM for the cash, Tim interfere's, possibly protecting DM.
- Tim is killed by MS and or DM during the scuffle, maybe DM had a gun or knife and meant to protect himself agsint MS, but Tim got in the middle and he was hurt / killed
- MS threatens DM, saying he is involved and has t help get rid of the body
- MS and DM burn Tim and take the truck
- Maybe DM promises MS that he can take the truck and sell it and get the cash

There are probably many holes in this, but I am at work and havne't put a lot of detail in it...

Is it possible?

Do we know much about the relationship between MS & DM?
I have only really seen a few pictures of DM & MS;
1. in MS's driveway with the blue car...
2. somethign about a dog from mexico that AM & MD brought back, I saw a pic of MS with that same dog, once it was grown up a bit
3. MS & DM seem so different to me, like not from the same crowd.
DM is travelling the world, MS is doing graffiti on 401 overpasses (and not intelligent graffiti either, very amature from what i saw)

This is strictly my opinion but, to me, the suspects had only one thing on their mind and that was to steal a truck.
Here's my reasoning:
Test drive 1- both show up on foot, witness did not see them get dropped off and did not see another vehicle. Two guys show up in an industrial area on foot makes no sense. Why bother not allowing the first witness to see whoever dropped them off, or the vehicle they arrived in unless their plan all along was to steal the truck. Maybe they had fake ID and planned to leave it with the truck owner and didn't plan on him wanting to ride along. They had to abort the plan and revise it before going on another test drive.
Test drive 2 (Tim Bosma) Again they show up out in the middle of nowhere on foot, this time in a different city. Again they go to great lengths to ensure no one sees whoever dropped them off or the vehicle if it is parked nearby. Again the owner wants to go for the ride. Did they try to give ID but because they didn't arrive in a vehicle, Tim was suspicious and went along? This time it's night, the truck owner is smaller and they go ahead with the test drive. Now here's where it gets a bit murky- did their revised plan include murder or did something happen when they tried to get Tim out of the truck?

If it was Tim's truck that was spotted in Brantford then it would stand to reason that the trailer wasn't parked close to Tim's home for them to hide it. They'd be backtracking and wasting time if that sighting was correct. So, did they need fuel for the truck .............. or propane .......... or gas......which required a stop at someone's house or a gas station? He/They drove to the farm, to the back of the property, and either started a fire or ignited the incinerator. He/They had to be a bit worried that someone living nearby or driving on the road might see a fire back there (especially at night) and call the fire department. Or worse, smell something that wasn't wood or leaves burning and call it in, They couldn't risk going in the daylight either as the odds of being seen would be even higher. Not a very well thought out plan IMO which makes me think Tim's death wasn't originally planned when DM, MS and Tim started out on that drive.

MS's crimes were mostly misdemeanors, certainly nothing along the same line as cold blooded murder and burning a corpse. One could argue that a thrill kill may of been his idea based on that video he was in but acting in a "Dexter like" video is not the same as living it out in real life. DM apparently had no criminal record, although many suspect him of having something to do with his father's death and the disappearance of Laura Babcock. If he is responsible in either one (or both) of those cases then it's quite possible that he was the one most likely to have come up with the idea of how to hide the crime. MS just doesn't appear to be a mastermind criminal-he was getting busted for the dumbest things prior to Tim's case.

IMO, JMO, MOO

puppyraiser - Generally, I agree. So, what went wrong? SOMETHING DID...Something went terribly wrong...

moo

puppyraiser - Generally, I agree. So, what went wrong? SOMETHING DID...Something went terribly wrong...

moo

I think something happened when they tried to make him get out of the truck. Maybe they accidentally hit him, ran over him or he was gravely injured falling out. I don't know, but if that was the case there should have been SOMETHING on the ground SOMEWHERE between his home and that sighting in Brampton. Maybe the location of the phone is where a struggle took place and the ground was disturbed in that area?

Or................ these two are sick and evil and planned every last detail and even planted those crumbs of evidence to make everyone think they wouldn't be stupid enough to park the trailer and truck at DM's mother's home.

Anyone else know if MS was ever on the FB pages of DM or any of his friends/associates? I don't recall seeing his name or face prior to his arrest.

Obviously DM knew Smich (i.e. the car pic outside MS's home), but wondering if their relationship was based on something other than friendship and was kept separate and apart from DM's more traditional relationships.

Anyone else know if MS was ever on the FB pages of DM or any of his friends/associates? I don't recall seeing his name or face prior to his arrest.

Obviously DM knew Smich (i.e. the car pic outside MS's home), but wondering if their relationship was based on something other than friendship and was kept separate and apart from DM's more traditional relationships.

Drugs? Chopping and rebuilding cars? They were both on the gaming site but I don't think that dated far back (Nov '12 for DM) however it is possible they did a lot of their communicating through that site.

I have no idea if MS had a FB profile, but it would seem they had a friend in common since the pictures were in the common friend's FB albums.

MS's crimes were mostly misdemeanors, certainly nothing along the same line as cold blooded murder and burning a corpse. One could argue that a thrill kill may of been his idea based on that video he was in but acting in a "Dexter like" video is not the same as living it out in real life. DM apparently had no criminal record, although many suspect him of having something to do with his father's death and the disappearance of Laura Babcock. If he is responsible in either one (or both) of those cases then it's quite possible that he was the one most likely to have come up with the idea of how to hide the crime. MS just doesn't appear to be a mastermind criminal-he was getting busted for the dumbest things prior to Tim's case.

IMO, JMO, MOO

rsbm

What stands out in my mind is how the danger to the public was still out there after DM was arrested, but once MS was arrested, there was no longer considered to be a danger to the public, even though a third person had not been found. Also, the differences in the arrests. DM was followed for a few hours, then quietly arrested. MS was arrested with a 10 person tactical team and possible tear gas. There was even extra security brought in for his first court appearance and he was brought in in leg irons. I have to wonder if there's more to MS's story than we know.

Neighbour Stephania Capeloa, who lives across the street, said she saw a 10-person tactical team barge through the front door of Smich's home.

Capeloa said officers used what looked like tear gas. While she didn't know Smich personally, she said, "The house always had people out on the front porch."

In the wake of Smich's arrest, Kinsella told the media, "We believe the danger to the public has been arrested, and we believe the danger to the public has subsided as it relates to this case."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2882879-second-arrest-made-in-tim-bosma-murder/

He wore a brown T-shirt, black pants, white running shoes and leg irons.

Extra security was brought in for his appearance, which lasted 10 minutes.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

Drugs? Chopping and rebuilding cars? They were both on the gaming site but I don't think that dated far back (Nov '12 for DM) however it is possible they did a lot of their communicating through that site.

Was that MS on the steamer community profile? I thought the other steam gamer was AM as st**lthmissions.

rsbm

What stands out in my mind is how the danger to the public was still out there after DM was arrested, but once MS was arrested, there was no longer considered to be a danger to the public, even though a third person had not been found. Also, the differences in the arrests. DM was followed for a few hours, then quietly arrested. MS was arrested with a 10 person tactical team and possible tear gas. There was even extra security brought in for his first court appearance and he was brought in in leg irons. I have to wonder if there's more to MS's story than we know.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2882879-second-arrest-made-in-tim-bosma-murder/

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/

I don't disagree with you but just want to point out that DM was also in leg irons.

"Wearing leg irons and looking haggard, Millard appeared in court briefly Wednesday morning to have a new charge of first-degree murder officially read into the record."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2876818-clairmont-millard-claiming-innocence-yet-staying-mum/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr