Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The graffiti connection is not overly weak - MS has been charged with mischief that is graffiti related, he is known to peers as "Say10" per that video and its comments, the tag Say10 was seen on an overpass in the general area he lives. It's a reasonable connection.

Thanx swedie Wow thats out there , i dont know how many times ive seen writing on overpasses ,, unless u see that same saying where S M lived , i wouldnt make much of it ,,, did S M even have a car , he was caught walking a bit from his home , never heard of him driving a car,, think a weak connection there ..

I was the one who asked about graffiti/writings. imo, while it would be hard to prove that say10 was written by MS, it still might give some light about him or his surroundings.

So u guys are sayin..lived in oakville..but drove between hamilton and brantford to paint. Say10 on bridges. prob has license back by now. Prob no car cause his insur to drive would be a whole whack of cash cause of dui.
..i think id tag close to home dont you.

So u guys are sayin..lived in oakville..but drove between hamilton and brantford to paint. Say10 on bridges. prob has license back by now. Prob no car cause his insur to drive would be a whole whack of cash cause of dui.

He didn't have to be the driver to get around though. Just sayin'

He didn't have to be the driver to get around though. Just sayin'

The 403/4th line overpass where MS was caught is 450 meters from Montrose Abbey where he lived. Even I would walk if I only had to go that far :)

I was the one who asked about graffiti/writings. imo, while it would be hard to prove that say10 was written by MS, it still might give some light about him or his surroundings.

Graffiti artists are usually known for their particular style. Given that MS was caught with paint on his hands a bit of back tracking would be easy to prove what he was painting that particular night. If it happened to be say10 then there's the proof. If not, his style and choice of paint likely will give enough proof. The style may also be known to LE as graffiti is often used to mark gang territory. At any rate, it may be easier to prove MS wrote it than it first appears.

... Prob no car cause his insur to drive would be a whole whack of cash cause of dui.

Heh! You are such a good citizen! Having no license, insurance, or car won't stop some people from driving. ;)

Heh! You are such a good citizen! Having no license, insurance, or car won't stop some people from driving. ;)

I am a good citizen ,

You have to ask yourself ,ive just been busted for taggin ,now im gonna get my friends to drive my butt half hour out this way so i can tag say10 on a bridge .
really ,, ????

so he got busted for tagging , apparently on a bridge not that far from his home ( not sure on that point ) when arrested for murder was on foot not far from his home,

stick to the facts , may 6 ... tell me what he did from that date , where he went, did he go to work if employed , anything funky on his facebook , did he tell any 1 if involved or even mention Tim Bosma case , did his habits change, ( did he drink more then usual/ was his drug use more then normal ) sleeping habits . eating habits , did he seem himself when with friends and family..

Im sure if any 1 from this forum would not be themselves , im sure we would be totally messed up , i do think i read some where on 1 of these threads he was maybe a little stoned or tweakin a bit...maybe being stoned is how he dealt with the case if he was involved ......he was no stranger to police , i can only assume they got his prints from tims truck ,when police lifted his prints , thats how they knew involved and D M didnt rat him out....

I am a good citizen ,

You have to ask yourself ,ive just been busted for taggin ,now im gonna get my friends to drive my butt half hour out this way so i can tag say10 on a bridge .
really ,, ????

so he got busted for tagging , apparently on a bridge not that far from his home ( not sure on that point ) when arrested for murder was on foot not far from his home,

stick to the facts , may 6 ... tell me what he did from that date , where he went, did he go to work if employed , anything funky on his facebook , did he tell any 1 if involved or even mention Tim Bosma case , did his habits change, ( did he drink more then usual/ was his drug use more then normal ) sleeping habits . eating habits , did he seem himself when with friends and family..

Im sure if any 1 from this forum would not be themselves , im sure we would be totally messed up , i do think i read some where on 1 of these threads he was maybe a little stoned or tweakin a bit...maybe being stoned is how he dealt with the case if he was involved ......he was no stranger to police , i can only assume they got his prints from tims truck ,when police lifted his prints , thats how they knew involved and D M didnt rat him out....

IMO you just described the text book description of a sociopath....Using his friends and involving them as an accomplices in tagging, the actual "tagging" and other juvenile crime plus he's known to police, no change in behaviors, no remorse, no empathy, totally unaffected by his actions....

which begins the textbook description of psychopathic behavior .....predatory and tends to live off other people, always seeking a release from boredom, impulsive, seeks psychological gratification from criminal and sexual activities.

http://voices.yahoo.com/sociopath-vs-psychopath-there-difference-1906224.html?cat=72

Was DM going to pay for a truck with cash and did he go to the test drives with cash on him intending to pay (for TB's truck and the other guy's truck from the earlier date) If Smich wanted the $$$ why wouldn't he have just ripped off DM for it??? That is, if the motive was $$$, which I don't think it was. JMO

Nothing really new in the article, but she is on the case...
http://www.annrbrocklehurst.com/2013/06/dellen-millards-strange-obituary-for-his-father-wayne.html

Although she describes it as a gunshot wound, I read in an older article from The Hamilton Spectator calling it a shotgun wound:

Toronto homicide detectives are also looking into two other cases with connections to Millard. The shotgun death of his father, Wayne Millard, last December was considered a suicide at the time. Now it is being investigated as a possible murder. BBM
http://m.thespec.com/news-story/3236885-clairmont-accused-bosma-killer-cowers-in-court/
A little harder to commit suicide with a shotgun IMHO....

Still new to posting here, I tried to preview before I posted it, please feel free to correct any errors I made! :cheers:

Bringing dizzy1's post over here due to the information about MS included in the second link. I hadn't seen this particular article before. Interesting that extra security was brought in for MS's first court appearance. That, combined with the details of his arrest, makes me wonder what is in his past that we haven't heard of yet. It seems like pretty heavy precautions for someone who only has drug possession, DUI and graffiti in his past.

Extra security was brought in for his appearance, which lasted 10 minutes.

I'm also still surprised by the coincidence (?) that he retained a lawyer that has previously defended two murder cases where the victims were burned.

He has defended several high profile murder cases, including two in which the victims were set on fire.

Was DM going to pay for a truck with cash and did he go to the test drives with cash on him intending to pay (for TB's truck and the other guy's truck from the earlier date) If Smich wanted the $$$ why wouldn't he have just ripped off DM for it??? That is, if the motive was $$$, which I don't think it was. JMO

What could have happened that day plays over and over in my head.. I rewind it and try to add in any new tips or information from MSM that may provide clarity... To this day, we are still all pretty much in the dark about how and why Tim was killed May 6.

Matou raises an interesting point... What about this theory;
- MS & DM go test driving Dodge ram Trucks
- DM does want to buy a newer one, or second one so that maybe him and his friends can pull 2 cars down to Mexico
- DM has the cash on him, MS is not aware of this
- They pick up Tim and truck and are driving
- DM says, I have the cash and shows Tim, possible DM wants to take the truck that night
- MS see's the cash and is shocked, never seen that type of money before, can't believe it...
- MS possibly goes after DM for the cash, Tim interfere's, possibly protecting DM.
- Tim is killed by MS and or DM during the scuffle, maybe DM had a gun or knife and meant to protect himself agsint MS, but Tim got in the middle and he was hurt / killed
- MS threatens DM, saying he is involved and has t help get rid of the body
- MS and DM burn Tim and take the truck
- Maybe DM promises MS that he can take the truck and sell it and get the cash

There are probably many holes in this, but I am at work and havne't put a lot of detail in it...

Is it possible?

Do we know much about the relationship between MS & DM?
I have only really seen a few pictures of DM & MS;
1. in MS's driveway with the blue car...
2. somethign about a dog from mexico that AM & MD brought back, I saw a pic of MS with that same dog, once it was grown up a bit
3. MS & DM seem so different to me, like not from the same crowd.
DM is travelling the world, MS is doing graffiti on 401 overpasses (and not intelligent graffiti either, very amature from what i saw)

What could have happened that day plays over and over in my head.. I rewind it and try to add in any new tips or information from MSM that may provide clarity... To this day, we are still all pretty much in the dark about how and why Tim was killed May 6.

Matou raises an interesting point... What about this theory;
- MS & DM go test driving Dodge ram Trucks
- DM does want to buy a newer one, or second one so that maybe him and his friends can pull 2 cars down to Mexico
- DM has the cash on him, MS is not aware of this
- They pick up Tim and truck and are driving
- DM says, I have the cash and shows Tim, possible DM wants to take the truck that night
- MS see's the cash and is shocked, never seen that type of money before, can't believe it...
- MS possibly goes after DM for the cash, Tim interfere's, possibly protecting DM.
- Tim is killed by MS and or DM during the scuffle, maybe DM had a gun or knife and meant to protect himself agsint MS, but Tim got in the middle and he was hurt / killed
- MS threatens DM, saying he is involved and has t help get rid of the body
- MS and DM burn Tim and take the truck
- Maybe DM promises MS that he can take the truck and sell it and get the cash

There are probably many holes in this, but I am at work and havne't put a lot of detail in it...

Is it possible?

Do we know much about the relationship between MS & DM?
I have only really seen a few pictures of DM & MS;
1. in MS's driveway with the blue car...
2. somethign about a dog from mexico that AM & MD brought back, I saw a pic of MS with that same dog, once it was grown up a bit
3. MS & DM seem so different to me, like not from the same crowd.
DM is travelling the world, MS is doing graffiti on 401 overpasses (and not intelligent graffiti either, very amature from what i saw)
Thanks Loyal...it is possible that things went that way. But, we have enough history of DM and MS ie) car in his driveway, I think their friendship had been going on for a while. There's a possibility that DM felt comfortable and powerful in the company of his not so affluent friends. I'd be curious to find out who the 3rd person was that they released in one of MS's arrests.

If you take away DM's ability to access the good supply of cash and toys DM's dad supplied for him, we may be surprised how alike DM and MS really are.

DM is touted as being wealthy, intelligent and educated-MS is portrayed as being middle class, troubled and not too motivated-quite a contrast. IMO, as far as I'm aware, DM did not contribute extensively to the family coffers, he went to chef school (yet was not a chef and didn't work as a pilot). I would give both DM & MS an "E" for motivation.

I don't know how intelligent DM was if he was hanging around with guys that were getting busted for graffiti related offenses in their '20's. He either identified with them or enjoyed the respect he got from them. I would give DM an "E" for intelligence...and MS a "B+"..because MS had chosen a friend with money and toys.

I think MS is just a wanna be bad guy--anything to gain some respect and recognition. I wouldn't be surprised if MS's lawyer is getting ready for DM et al to be scapegoating on MS. IMHO, they combined to form the Devil that walked down TB's driveway that night. MOO

What concerns me about the event is.... was there a #3 or not and where was the chase car parked and why? If it was parked close enough to walk to TB's, why? Very odd, smacks of a premeditated plan of some kind. Why not just drive it up to TB's? Nothing to hide right? They let SB see them both.

Why was DM & MS together to start with?
Maybe DM was buying the truck for MS anyway?
All MOO

We know that the "thrill kill" theory was from one un-named "police source", and that Det Kavanagh said he didn't know what that is (wadr, I think he does know and his denial was for a reason).

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

The above article in the Toronto Sun was May 16 before MS was arrested May 22. When we combine the reference to thrill kill prior to his arrest, with the comment about the movie "The Following" and the subsequent arrest of MS and his involvement with the Ghozted movie, the theory doesn't seem that far out in left field.

I know a fellow who, for various reasons, grew up with very limited social contact with kids in his age bracket. Brilliant kid, but said he always felt like a misfit who could not fit in with the mainstream. As a teen, he decided he could have followers and be looked up to by others who were not as bright. He went on to become a gangster, and now has a major following of thugs, drug dealers, and gang members. I'm thinking this type of scenario might explain the relationship between DM and MS. Did DM feel like a social misfit who ultimately acquired a following the likes of MS et al, those he could feel superior to and who would admire him?

Thoughts?

We know that the "thrill kill" theory was from one un-named "police source", and that Det Kavanagh said he didn't know what that is (wadr, I think he does know and his denial was for a reason).

http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source

The above article in the Toronto Sun was May 16 before MS was arrested May 22. When we combine the reference to thrill kill prior to his arrest, with the comment about the movie "The Following" and the subsequent arrest of MS and his involvement with the Ghozted movie, the theory doesn't seem that far out in left field.

I know a fellow who, for various reasons, grew up with very limited social contact with kids in his age bracket. Brilliant kid, but said he always felt like a misfit who could not fit in with the mainstream. As a teen, he decided he could have followers and be looked up to by others who were not as bright. He went on to become a gangster, and now has a major following of thugs, drug dealers, and gang members. I'm thinking this type of scenario might explain the relationship between DM and MS. Did DM feel like a social misfit who ultimately acquired a following the likes of MS et al, those he could feel superior to and who would admire him?

Thoughts?

Possible, I knew someone similar to your example, didn't fit in with his age group yet was "the man" with the 2-3 yr. younger crowd during high school.

Like I posted earlier, drugs make odd relationships. I've read several cases similar to this one (as far as business deals gone bad), but they involved drugs or gangs in some way, mostly on the suspects part.

I think TB was totally innocent to any of that however it wouldn't matter if the other two were into drugs/gangs or satanic stuff.

I do believe DM would have the nature and financing to be the initiator of a ship of fools. Maybe everything was fun, games and adrenaline until someone got in the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
txtruecrimekat