Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTE: This thread is for posting information and comments about Suspect #2.

Discussion about the burner phone, TB's cell phone, and theories supported by its location belong in this new thread.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210485"]Cell Phones - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Another thread is open for general discussion.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210380"]Canada -Timothy Bosma, 32, Hamilton Ontario, 6 May 2013 - #9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

New here, and although I have read most of this thread, I did miss a few pages, so excuse me if this has already been brought up and discussed...LE says TB cell turned off within a mile of his home, but doesn't give a time it was turned off, which could suggest the vehicle following somehow had the truck pull over as if to steal it, making DM and MS in the truck "seem" uninvolved, a struggle or whatever occurred at this point resulting in the murder of TB

Yes and the 2nd vehicle person(s) might have stuffed TB into that vehicle and gone off on the killing spree. How sure are they it was DMs vehicle following? How did he get it back, etc. IMO

Has there ever been a press release that stated what led them to Smich?

Not that I know of. IMO it was fingerprints from previous crimes found on TB vehicle. That's my assumption.

The burner phone was used around several locations in Etobicoke as well as to call TB. DM lives in Etobicoke, MS, Oakville. The burner phone is probably linked to DM.

MS did not have the black eye at his sisters' wedding and by then it had been weeks since TB disappeared anyway. No doubt the shiner/cut was fresh and gifted to him by the tactical officers that took him down.

Probably a black eye from wanting to be a video star, you know a screen test.:floorlaugh:

If someone is back handcuffed in the back seat of the patrol car and the patrol car driver has to brake abruptly the back seat occupant could receive a "screen test." Of course this is purely speculation.:floorlaugh: This would allegedly be used after a perp spits in the back of your hair.

It would be against "policy" for a suspect to be struck in a red zone during an arrest. So you know SWAT didn't love tap him.:floorlaugh:

Hmm a metal detector being used to look for a buried gun or knife? JMO

They haven't confirmed but I believe MS fled on foot (he was arrested 1.8km from his home), they're probably looking for something he threw away.

Hmm a metal detector being used to look for a buried gun or knife? JMO

True to their name, metal detectors will pick up an anything metal. I play with one as a hobby. You can set them to block out selected metals if you so choose. Their depth penetration is at best about 12-18 inches (On a handgun sized target). The officer is using an 8 inch search coil, where 10 inch would yield slightly greater depth. My take is that they are not looking for something buried, but rather, something tossed. ie a cellphone, knife, etc. Perhaps even shell casings from someone practice firing a weapon. You can find some surprisingly tiny bits of metal with a decent detector. That particular model is manufactured by Garrett (Not my choice). Personally, I would favour a Fisher Pulse for over all depth, but that model does not accomodate knocking out specific spectrums.

Oh wow, what a great find! I think now we know who could be talking! Maybe DM told him about other things to impress him and MS is telling now everything he can think of DM told him, for a reduction of his sentence.

P.S.: onlooker, I hope you are wrong!

It must be a typo... I see no quotes form MS's lawyer for 5 days. I wish it were true, though.

According to this article: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/ SM plans to plead guilty. This is the first time I had seen this piece of information. Is it different from what was earlier reported? Might be that SM is the one that is talking?

Within the link it states

Mark Smich, 25, of Oakville. His lawyer, Thomas Dungey also said his client intends to plead not guilty

the article was Last Updated: 13/05/28 4:34 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members