Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Within the link it states

Mark Smich, 25, of Oakville. His lawyer, Thomas Dungey also said his client intends to plead not guilty

It has been corrected. A number of people tweeted the author (Including myself) She confirmed and corrected the typo.

TORONTO - The second man charged in the Tim Bosma case stars in a rap video as a maniacal murderer who tortures and kills his victims.

Oakville’s Mark Smich, 25, who was arrested at a Dorval Dr. house on Wednesday, played a key role in a 2012 homemade video for the song “Ghozted,” which was written and produced by an aspiring rapper by the name of “JayDolo,” who is listed on at least two websites as a James Robertson.

On another website showing the video, JayDolo thanks a “Mark.S” for playing the part of the “crazy killer.”

The two are reportedly friends.

Smich, who has five previous convictions including drug possession and impaired driving, appeared in court Thursday to face a first-degree murder charge. He is the second to be arrested in the killing of Bosma, an Ancaster family man.

According to this article: http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/ SM plans to plead guilty. This is the first time I had seen this piece of information. Is it different from what was earlier reported? Might be that SM is the one that is talking?

Who is "SM"? You must mean "MS"? And in the article you posted the link to, the lawyer of MS indicates that MS will be pleading NOT GUILTY:

"Also charged with murdering Mr. Bosma is Mark Smich, 25, of Oakville. His lawyer, Thomas Dungey also said his client intends to plead not guilty."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/

If they aren't even sure that there is a "third suspect" then how were they so sure that the "third suspect" wasn't a danger to the public?

We know/think there is a third suspect who is of no danger to the public. Well, there actually may be no third suspect at all; but if there had been, we could say, that they would have posed no danger.

Really?

If they aren't even sure that there is a "third suspect" then how were they so sure that the "third suspect" wasn't a danger to the public?

We know/think there is a third suspect who is of no danger to the public. Well, there actually may be no third suspect at all; but if there had been, we could say, that they would have posed no danger.

Really?

Really. LE is confusing me a lot right now.

Really. LE is confusing me a lot right now.

It could be something a simple as they already had someone in custody who LE believed could be #3, that is why LE said there was not threat to the public. But now that they have some of the evidence processed ie. the truck, yukon, and LE find no evidence of the current person they have in custody, such as fingerprints being involved in this crime.

It could be something a simple as they already had someone in custody who LE believed could be #3, that is why LE said there was not threat to the public. But now that they have some of the evidence processed ie. the truck, yukon, and LE find no evidence of the current person they have in custody, such as fingerprints being involved in this crime.

Even if this is the case, it's not very comforting all round.

moo

So what are the theories regarding MS? Was he a DM hanger on who went along with some or all of his criminal activities? Because he wanted to hang with the rich guy who could provide him with stuff? Drugs?

Or was he the mastermind of this plan? Did he want the truck? Because he really liked DM's? Was he part of the chop shop activities? Do we know if he's mechanically inclined and could help with dismantling and rebuilding vehicles? Or was he just the go to guy for stealing them?

Did DM express an interest in replacing the engine in his Dodge Ram before a possible trip to the race in Mexico and MS told him he would help him steal another one to do this? Is he the only one who has either helped or has actually stolen vehicles on his own that were found in the hangar by LE? Did he help steal the motorcycle?

Who actually had the burner phone? Whose idea was it to get one and which one actually went into the store to buy it? It seems from MSM that the phone was used primarily in the Mississauga area. That's half way between Etobicoke and Oakville. So which one was using the phone? Doesn't appear as though MS had transportation so it was probably more likely DM using at least that one. Did they both have a burner phone? Were there calls to another burner phone on the one that was used to call Tim and the other two test drive guys? Were there calls to MS?

MS smokes. Haven't noticed if DM does. Doesn't appear to in any of his pictures. Were there any cigarette butts found in the area of where TB's remains were found on the farm? Or anywhere else involved with this crime? Did DM pick MS up at his house that night and did anyone see this? Or did MS walk to meet DM somewhere else?

How did these two meet? Was it through the online gaming community? Did they hang around with each other for any reason other than to steal vehicles? Was MS part of the group of friends that DM usually hung around with?

I have lots of questions about him. He seems to have been forgotten with all the news about DM and the evidence against him. But is DM going to blame this on MS or the other way around? Are they going to turn on each other or did they have a chance to come up with some bogus story prior to DM's arrest?

It would be so easy for MS to put most if not all of the blame on DM but will he? Or is he going to try to claim he wasn't there at all? If they've got nothing on him as far as DNA in TB's truck or anywhere else associated with this murder, will it be enough to convict him of his part in this based on two witness accounts of him being with DM on both test drives? Especially if he had a hoodie pulled up on the night they approached TB's house. I really don't think it will change much as far as the charges against either of them so is this going to be two separate trials with all kinds of finger pointing? Or will MS be offered a deal to plead guilty to a lesser charge to testify against DM?

TORONTO - The second man charged in the Tim Bosma case stars in a rap video as a maniacal murderer who tortures and kills his victims.

Oakville’s Mark Smich, 25, who was arrested at a Dorval Dr. house on Wednesday, played a key role in a 2012 homemade video for the song “Ghozted,” which was written and produced by an aspiring rapper by the name of “JayDolo,” who is listed on at least two websites as a James Robertson.

On another website showing the video, JayDolo thanks a “Mark.S” for playing the part of the “crazy killer.”

The two are reportedly friends.

Smich, who has five previous convictions including drug possession and impaired driving, appeared in court Thursday to face a first-degree murder charge. He is the second to be arrested in the killing of Bosma, an Ancaster family man.

Gotta say, there is not much talk from media about Smich.

<snipped>

Who actually had the burner phone? Whose idea was it to get one and which one actually went into the store to buy it? It seems from MSM that the phone was used primarily in the Mississauga area. That's half way between Etobicoke and Oakville. So which one was using the phone? Doesn't appear as though MS had transportation so it was probably more likely DM using at least that one. Did they both have a burner phone? Were there calls to another burner phone on the one that was used to call Tim and the other two test drive guys? Were there calls to MS?

<snipped for space>

BBM - I hadn't picked up on that. According to LE at the May 10th press conference, based on cell tower location information, many of the calls originated from different parts of Etobicoke.

Starts around 10:00...
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QQvNrsjgBk"]Hamilton Police Press Conference - Update on Tim Bosma (missing person) for May 10, 2013 - YouTube[/ame]

Wonder if that's out of respect for his sister? Many in the msm may know her.

I agree with that. His sister is well known in the media, and ironically his name is pretty much OUT of the media, unlike DM. If he's suspect 2, why aren't they digging into his private life? Reporting on "Who is Mark Smich?". Giving background information on HIS family and the people who know him. It seems he was arrested, a few people were talked to like his friends crying in the streets and a phone call to his parents, and that's it. It was all dropped. Seems so calculated IMO.

I agree with that. His sister is well known in the media, and ironically his name is pretty much OUT of the media, unlike DM. If he's suspect 2, why aren't they digging into his private life? Reporting on "Who is Mark Smich?". Giving background information on HIS family and the people who know him. It seems he was arrested, a few people were talked to like his friends crying in the streets and a phone call to his parents, and that's it. It was all dropped. Seems so calculated IMO.

If I could thank this a hundred times I would.

I guess I missed something (mind you I have 3 kids and not much time lol) I have no idea what connections he has to the media. Is there anything about it in a different thread? Or do I have to figure it out on my own? Not sure if that's allowed :)

If I could thank this a hundred times I would.

I guess I missed something (mind you I have 3 kids and not much time lol) I have no idea what connections he has to the media. Is there anything about it in a different thread? Or do I have to figure it out on my own? Not sure if that's allowed :)

MS sister is one of the top 30 under 30 and once referred to as one of Toronto's
Best known social media personalities. Yet after her brother's arrest it was mentioned in msm then not much more about family...background....upbringing. ..nadda.

And then theres this quiet thread vs DMs active thread ...
Sooo what gives?

MS sister is one of the top 30 under 30 and once referred to as one of Toronto's
Best known social media personalities. Yet after her brother's arrest it was mentioned in msm then not much more about family...background....upbringing. ..nadda.

And then theres this quiet thread vs DMs active thread ...
Sooo what gives?

Awesome. Got it! Thank you!

Yes I have been wondering the same thing for days....only 4 pages? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mel18