Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1st Deg Murder 22 May 2013 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MS sister is one of the top 30 under 30 and once referred to as one of Toronto's
Best known social media personalities. Yet after her brother's arrest it was mentioned in msm then not much more about family...background....upbringing. ..nadda.

And then theres this quiet thread vs DMs active thread ...
Sooo what gives?

There is just nothing out there to dig up on MS that I can find, more on his unmentionable partner in crime with his name spelled different ways.

I think his sister is just trying to avoid anything to do with MS, avoid the reporters.

MS sister is one of the top 30 under 30 and once referred to as one of Toronto's
Best known social media personalities. Yet after her brother's arrest it was mentioned in msm then not much more about family...background....upbringing. ..nadda.

And then theres this quiet thread vs DMs active thread ...
Sooo what gives?

As I stated in DM's thread, there's likely nothing particularly interesting about MS or his family. They seem like just regular people with a wayward black sheep in the family. He's a petty criminal and probably a drug addict. He lives with his mother in a normal middle class house and subdivision in Oakville. Doesn't appear to be employed. He likes to play online video games. His parent's are divorced. His father was shocked and dismayed by his arrest. His sister was recently married and works in social media. She likes to blog. So does her husband. I'm sure they were both shocked and dismayed at his arrest too.

So where's the drama in that? Oh yeah...there was that blood and gore You Tube video that he did with some friends just for fun. But that kind of lost it's kick after a couple of days.

He didn't have an innocent husband and father's remains in his backyard or a garage full of stolen vehicles. LE are not investigating the questionable "suicide" of his father or the disappearance of a woman whose last contact was him. So he's just not as newsworthy as his partner in crime at the moment.

Doesn't make him any less culpable though. Not IMO anyway.

MOO

I agree Kamille. I just thought MSM wouldve been digging a lot more since they had his name AND called his house before his arrest. We really have heard nothing more. His lawyer isn't giving interviews etc

I agree Kamille. I just thought MSM wouldve been digging a lot more since they had his name AND called his house before his arrest. We really have heard nothing more. His lawyer isn't giving interviews etc

MSM appears to be silent. I've read/found out more about this case online than through MSM so far...

Doesn't appear there is anything to dig up though. We did get info from those who were willing to speak in the beginning including his father. Media reported everything they found including his criminal record. There just isn't much else they can report on. I'm sure the list of witnesses that were friends of both DM and MS are part of the publication ban so the media can't report on anything they might have to say. LE spent very little time at his mother's home and didn't appear to find any evidence. His lawyer, unlike DM's has said nothing.

I think we've got all the info we're going to get on MS. What I'd like to know is whether one was more aggressive than the other and what the actual plan was. Were they going to let the driver out far from anywhere he could get help and steal his phone as well as his truck? Let him get home on his own at which point the vehicle would be long gone. Did TB think he could take on the two of them to keep from being dumped in the middle of nowhere if there was no weapon involved? Did one or both plan to murder the victim right from the start of the test drive? Or did one or both of them decide at the moment of confrontation to
murder TB?

None of this makes sense to me if the actual plan by both parties from the get go was to steal a truck and kill the owner. Did just one of them want to do this unbeknownst to the other? If so which one?

MOO

Have we ever discovered how/why MS's Oakville phone number is somehow connected to the KR business in behind Ancaster Fair Grounds?

I don't believe this article has been posted yet.

May 23, 2013
Family friend of Oakville's Smich shocked by murder accusation

http://www.insidehalton.com/news-st...akville-s-smich-shocked-by-murder-accusation/

"The friend said she has known the Smich family for years and doesn’t believe the accused, aged 25, is a person who would commit such a crime. “The accusations are quite concerning. We just don’t know him as a person who would do such a thing,” she said. “He’s very social. He has a lot of friends. He’s very family oriented. He loves his sisters and mother. He really takes a part in her life. He’s a positive, good person.”

"Smich’s neighbours on Montrose Abbey Drive said the young man was often seen with his friends on the front porch of the house. Some called him friendly, while others said they stayed away from the house and the family, saying several people in the neighbourhood had trouble with them.
"

Awesome. Got it! Thank you!

Yes I have been wondering the same thing for days....only 4 pages? Really?

There was a previous thread for MS that had 46 pages ([ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=210065"]Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]). If you combine the two threads, there are exactly the same number of pages as in the DM Suspect #1 thread.

I agree though that DM's thread is more consistently active.

Really alot of the info started by being able to sleuth one of DM friends on AM facebook page. This is what led MSM to post his pics from the Baja trip and the hanger photos which have also circulated from the friends FB account. If those photos had been hidden there would have been less reported about him as well. There was no access to DM FB other than his friends accounts which gave us sleuthers a gold mine of stuff to look for. :moo:

I've noticed this more in this case than in some others that I follow...

I don't feel that MSM has done a lot of digging with this case... I think they are jumping off information you guys have dug up here (letting you do their leg work)... Some reporters have done some digging, but a lot seem to be waiting for things to pop up here (or other sites like this one) or they receive information in a tweet... Where is the real "investigative" reporting?

JMOO

MS nick is "SAY10". The same text was spayed on the highway bridge (401?), as seen by WS users. Can they tell what a design was it? Maybe a picture :fence:

MS nick is "SAY10". The same text was spayed on the highway bridge (401?), as seen by WS users. Can they tell what a design was it? Maybe a picture :fence:

I think it was the 403 in between brantford and Hamilton?? I noticed the other day, should have taken a picture!!
I think on that bridge is just "say10" nothing else.. Other bridges have other messages.. Can't remember them though...

I think it was the 403 in between brantford and Hamilton?? I noticed the other day, should have taken a picture!!
I think on that bridge is just "say10" nothing else.. Other bridges have other messages.. Can't remember them though...

Hmm any sleuths out that way that can safely take a picture?

canadiangirl....just drove that stretch tonight. Funny you should ask. There are many, many bits of graffiti along the bridges there....my husband remarks it every time we drive it. This evening, my daughter actually mentioned one which reads "Merry Christmas" in green & red letters. I don't recall ever seeing say10, but I will keep an eye out for it.

A person with the same penmanship as the Merry Christmas writing has put graffiti just above the top of the West 5th mountain access down bound.

I'm not driving the Brantford stretch again until Sunday. But I'll check West
5th too for say10 since the penmanship matches.

Crispy, do you recall whether it appeared west bound (toward Brantford) or east bound (toward Hamilton/Toronto)? I always drive west in daylight and east in the dark...sigh.

I'll be heading up that way next week and will watch for what's written on the overpasses if the info hasn't been provided by then. I know last year someone had written positive messages on many of them-kind of feel good stuff, like have a good day, keep smilin' .

I'll also check, will be driving that way on Friday and frequently use that route..

I cant say I recall any of them saying "say10" but I do remember the "merry christmas" and "have a good day" as well as the one on west 5th but i forget what it says..

although I only drive as far as Wilson St. so there could be more passed that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robbya