Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW: regarding user names and such, Im from a small town, about 4-5 hours from the GTA and I know at least 3 dmillards, as well as quite a few with other first name initials. And none, for the record, with any relation.

About that eating dog biscuits thing, I wonder if his father was punishing him for something, and that DM could only take dog biscuits for his lunch was the punishment. Did they even have a dog? Did DM like the dog or mistreat the dog?

JMO, but he was probably just being an oddball for the same reason lots of people do weird stuff at that age: to get attention.

(Honestly, I think the whole dog biscuit thing is way blown out of proportion, if that was the biggest dirt they could get on his formative years. I mean, look at the ingredients list of a typical gourmet dog biscuit:

Ingredients:
Real human-grade Chicken
Vegetables (Fresh carrot & peas)
Turmeric
Water
Honey
Oil
Whole wheat flour
Wheat germ

It's a non-issue other than perception.)

"Kavanagh said police discovered the May 5 incident after obtaining records of the cellphone used by one of the suspects to contact Bosma. That cellphone was linked to a bogus name and was only active three months, but police determined the phone was used at several sites in Etobicoke."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2558160-police-update-coming-on-tim-bosma-search/;send=false

Beginning around 10:00 in the video of the May 10th press conference, LE speaks about the cell phone and states based on cell tower location information, many of the calls originated from different parts of Etobicoke.
http://tinyurl.com/pydfchd

IMO, if the phone was primarily used in Etobicoke, I think it's more likely to belong to DM.

Good post! Taking your thoughts a bit further:

If DM was the owner of this "burner phone", he must have learned that lesson after being accused by LB's ex-boyfriend of being the last person to talk to her.

Even if he is not involved in her dissappearance and really just sold her drugs, that is still enough reason to have a "burner phone" instead of making calls for drug deals via your personal cell.

You don't need to be a very suffisticated criminal to figure that out. However, this again hints to me that in the very least, between Summer 2012 and the present, DM had sinister intentions on his mind.

Sorry, did I miss something, wasn't aware that LE had stated that this case was closed. Anyone confirm ?
I really hope they haven't closed it! Every piece of info I've seen posted about it has made me more and more suspicious, and I haven't seen anything suggesting that WM suffered from any sort of mental illness. The picture I've seen is a successful man ready to expand his company. If I've missed something, please let me know.

Could TB have inadvertently seen something that they had done while he was in his truck? Where (location-wise) was the other person that was selling another truck? (The one they visited before TB)?

This whole thing is beyond strange.

moo

I find it very interesting that MS has gotten quite a bit of support from friends whereas DM had none that I am aware of. Was DM the one with money that no one actually liked?

JMO but I think people who do not have the money that Dellen has do not show respect to inherited wealth. It lacks 'street cred' so imo DM would be someone whose money they would USE but who they would not necessary value, no matter how much he helped them. I think DM definitely lacked real friends because of his wealth, finding himself in the company of those who needed him for money as opposed to real friendship. It will be interesting to find out the REAL story behind all of this instead of all the speculative fantasy that is prevalent online and in some peoples heads.

There is a lot of violence on 'the streets' and often the real perpetrators elude capture. I foresee a twist in the tale.

You have to wonder when and where he sustained these injuries. The picture of him at his sisters wedding (this past saturday) show's no signs of a black eye or "scratch" on his face. Something happened to him in the 3 days leading to his arrest.

Here is the pic: https://twitter.com/KevinK2009/status/337411110716194817/photo/1

I don't understand why this isn't obvious to everyone. He was arrested on the street. It's likely he resisted, believing he was being mugged, if they weren't in police uniforms.

I tried finding Montrose Abbey but can't. Can someone help?

When you open that GIS link, zoom out until you can see DORVAL and then FOURTH LINE ROAD beyond that along the 403. Montrose Abbey ends in a loop between those main roads... 1081 Montrose Abbey...and look for Indian Ridge Trail... the green belt area where the police were searching with the dog.

I don't understand why this isn't obvious to everyone. He was arrested on the street. It's likely he resisted, believing he was being mugged, if they weren't in police uniforms.

My guess is some of us arent well versed with how this works. I'm one of them, although I've seen it on COPS this never really crossed my mind but makes total sense. Thank you

I tried finding Montrose Abbey but can't. Can someone help?

I do have a picture of it, not sure if I can post. From the link provided: look for the QEW highway, and Dorval Drive the crosses it. When you zoom into Dorval, below it you will see Nottinghill, in between these two roads you will see a lot of names with "Abbey" in them. As you zoom in you will see Montrose Abbey Drive - looking to the right of the screen you will see a loop around by Montrose Park, zoom in and you will see Old Abbey Park. The house numbers are on the rooves. HTH

Personally, I don't think it is the red truck as the roof of what would be the cab of the truck, is black not red.

Could TB have inadvertently seen something that they had done while he was in his truck? Where (location-wise) was the other person that was selling another truck? (The one they visited before TB)?

This whole thing is beyond strange.

moo

The other person was in Toronto. If TB saw them doing something in his truck, how would they have known to look for a person selling the truck?

So a common question...why target a Black Ram....

So here is an interesting piece of information.

The Ram is a satanic symbol.....of course that is just in the realm of satanism and their beliefs....I don't think personally it is...it is also the first sign of the zodiac.

Anyway...just throwing it out there....LOL

ps. didn't know where to post as it is "general info" and the #8 thread is closed...I may have missed another thread for general....=P

Does anyone know what colour was the Ram owned by the Etobicoke target (RMEG, as Carli called him)? If it was black, there is some potential for your theory. After all, if the thieves were after the parts inside of the truck, what difference would the paint colour make?

I still am with the personal chop shop theory, but from what has been revealed of MS, an occult/macabre theme does seem plausible to tie in with this crime. Also, in case anyone wants to explore it, there is a game called Assassin's Creed, with several sequels, which features a main, hooded character.

Just throwing this out in reply to your post.

I do have a picture of it, not sure if I can post. From the link provided: look for the QEW highway, and Dorval Drive the crosses it. When you zoom into Dorval, below it you will see Nottinghill, in between these two roads you will see a lot of names with "Abbey" in them. As you zoom in you will see Montrose Abbey Drive - looking to the right of the screen you will see a loop around by Montrose Park, zoom in and you will see Old Abbey Park. The house numbers are on the rooves. HTH

Personally, I don't think it is the red truck as the roof of what would be the cab of the truck, is black not red.

go to post #48 there is a address

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsafe View Post
I think they are panicking at the thought of losing their supplier...

this was my first thought too!

I think that is a harsh generalization. I am in the same age bracket as these guys, and have a large my circle of friends, some closer than others. There are various different personalities, some smoke weed, some sell weed, some snort cocaine, some sell cocaine, some like to drink, some do all of the above, some do none of the above. Just because someone sells and/or does drugs, does not mean all of the people in their circle of friends do too. I for one have never touched drugs, but I have been to many parties where many of my friends disappeared with other members of the group and come back with white powder on their nose... I would be upset but not all that shocked if some of them ended up in trouble with the law or worse over drugs. I would be absolutely horrified, confused, shocked, and in denial if any one of them were involved in the slaying of an innocent man, regardless of what kind of drugs they did or didn't do.

Does anyone know what colour was the Ram owned by the Etobicoke target (RMEG, as Carli called him)? If it was black, there is some potential for your theory. After all, if the thieves were after the parts inside of the truck, what difference would the paint colour make?

I still am with the personal chop shop theory, but from what has been revealed of MS, an occult/macabre theme does seem plausible to tie in with this crime. Also, in case anyone wants to explore it, there is a game called Assassin's Creed, with several sequels, which features a main, hooded character.

Just throwing this out in reply to your post.

BBM - It was red.

"His disappearance confounded police for days until a man came forward with an eerie story of two similar men who had taken his red Dodge Ram for a test drive a day earlier."
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...arged-with-killing-tim-bosma/article12009016/

(Note: LE found the man through phone records, he did not come forward himself as the above implies.)

I have a question. In a case like this, do DM's lawyer and MS's lawyer know what they other perp is saying or even if they are talking? Would these lawyers be in contact with both players in the game at this point? Or is that something that would really only happen in preparation for a trial? My guess is the answer is no.

If there are co-accused it is my understanding that lawyers can and do interact with each other.

I dont think he would need to be resisiting to be beaten by LE, these days its standard practice, especially in a case where they believe the accused will not get much public support.
I agree that it would have been a covert arrest where he would not have seen it coming. ie./ unmarked car pulls up right next to him and at least 3 undercover cops run and smash him to ground., thats MOO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bsafe View Post
I think they are panicking at the thought of losing their supplier...

I think that is a harsh generalization. I am in the same age bracket as these guys, and have a large my circle of friends, some closer than others. There are various different personalities, some smoke weed, some sell weed, some snort cocaine, some sell cocaine, some like to drink, some do all of the above, some do none of the above. Just because someone sells and/or does drugs, does not mean all of the people in their circle of friends do too. I for one have never touched drugs, but I have been to many parties where many of my friends disappeared with other members of the group and come back with white powder on their nose... I would be upset but not all that shocked if some of them ended up in trouble with the law or worse over drugs. I would be absolutely horrified, confused, shocked, and in denial if any one of them were involved in the slaying of an innocent man, regardless of what kind of drugs they did or didn't do.

Harsh generalization maybe. But what about this case HASN'T been a harsh generalization? I can appreciate what you are saying though, but the last million threads have been this way. From suspecting others involved who were cleared, to OC theories, linking DM to his dad's death, the LB link, tons of theories flying around. So saying that they could be suppliers is not a far stretch from what may in fact be reality IMO.

JMO, but he was probably just being an oddball for the same reason lots of people do weird stuff at that age: to get attention.

(Honestly, I think the whole dog biscuit thing is way blown out of proportion, if that was the biggest dirt they could get on his formative years. I mean, look at the ingredients list of a typical gourmet dog biscuit:

Ingredients:
Real human-grade Chicken
Vegetables (Fresh carrot & peas)
Turmeric
Water
Honey
Oil
Whole wheat flour
Wheat germ

It's a non-issue other than perception.)
To me it was a non-issue. I remember tasting dog biscuits as a kid and they were quite tasty. Not loaded with sugar, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alwaysseeking