Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally respect your position, and meant no offence. However I do think we have a culture of tolerance towards drugs. It's fine for you if you are smart enough to avoid drugs, but what about those who aren't? Looking the other way doesnt solve anything. Maybe if one friend truly protests, more people could be swayed from trying drugs. Maybe if we took a harder line, less people would do it. I have never done drugs, and I don't see that far a leap between dealing and murder - both are illegal and hurt folks. MOO.

Do you drink? Do you look at *advertiser censored* from time to time? Unfortunately the "war on drugs" has created a fairly popular opinion that drugs are a scourge on humanity. I've done my fair share (besides crack and heroin), and I am an upstanding, married, successful member of society who loves his family and friends. I know plenty of people who can say the same, including a couple of "dealers". They just happen to have a different opinion about controlled substances, but would never even contemplate hurting another human being.

I found a profile for a "dmillard" on a gun buying/selling web site. This user purchased a manual for a Browning Challenger gun in March of 2013. I won't link, since I obviously can't confirm this is DM. Just thought I'd throw it out here, FWIW.
Good sleuthing if it is DM :) I hope the police know about this and are looking into it. I wonder if a gun was used or someone threatened TB with 1 and he fought back? 1 of these suspects hopefully will talk and sooner the better for them in a court of law (JMO), but nothing will bring Mr. Bosma back to his family :(

Do you drink? Do you look at *advertiser censored* from time to time? Unfortunately the "war on drugs" has created a fairly popular opinion that drugs are a scourge on humanity. I've done my fair share (besides crack and heroin), and I am an upstanding, married, successful member of society who loves his family and friends. I know plenty of people who can say the same, including a couple of "dealers". They just happen to have a different opinion about controlled substances, but would never even contemplate hurting another human being.

Yeah. I read that post and tried to picture some of my laid-back, pot-smoking co-workers as murderers. Maybe if someone got between them and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

Good sleuthing if it is DM :) I hope the police know about this and are looking into it. I wonder if a gun was used or someone threatened TB with 1 and he fought back? 1 of these suspects hopefully will talk and sooner the better for them in a court of law (JMO), but nothing will bring Mr. Bosma back to his family :(

I know it's not funny, but the thought of someone buying a manual for a gun before using it in a crime cracks me up.

+1 Ernesto

I was only commenting on how easy it would be to get the ammo for the gun that was mentioned further back in the thread...

I was only commenting on how easy it would be to get the ammo for the gun that was mentioned further back in the thread...

You need to be licensed to purchase ammo and the transaction would be noted in a log book at the retailer (usually)

It's not exactly easy. Unless you've been cleared by the RCMP to own a firearm. Or someone with a license gave it to you.

Echoes of the question posted way earlier in a different thread: what type of gun, what calibre was used in the "suicide".

the video was snagged by a fellow sleuther and posted here...
http://videobam.com/aTXJe

I suggest using caution when opening up any links connected to MS or others who are recently putting some of this stuff online. So many of these links have been deleted. Makes me question why this information is posted and then quickly deleted; harder for LE to track other potential suspects or friends of the suspects? Some could contain viruses, worms or trojans which could cause issues with your computer. JMO

According to Norton Antivirus when I tried to open the above link.
Updated:
February 15, 2012 3:15:47 PM
Type:
Other
Risk Impact:
High

Systems Affected:
Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows NT, Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000
Behavior
WS.Reputation.1 is a detection for files that have a low reputation score based on analyzing data from Symantec’s community of users and therefore are likely to be security risks. Detections of this type are based on Symantec’s reputation-based security technology. Because this detection is based on a reputation score, it does not represent a specific class of threat like adware or spyware, but instead applies to all threat categories.

The reputation-based system uses "the wisdom of crowds" (Symantec’s tens of millions of end users) connected to cloud-based intelligence to compute a reputation score for an application, and in the process identify malicious software in an entirely new way beyond traditional signatures and behavior-based detection techniques.
Antivirus Protection Dates
Initial Rapid Release version March 27, 2009
Latest Rapid Release version April 20, 2010 revision 025
Initial Daily Certified version March 27, 2009 revision 005
Latest Daily Certified version April 20, 2010 revision 024
Initial Weekly Certified release date April 1, 2009

I don't often post, but I can't help but have this nagging feeling that DM got wrapped up in something way over his head. He had the means to buy that truck; I don't think MS did. He's just a punk. I think MS and Suspect #3 told DM one of them wanted to buy the truck and asked him for a ride to Ancaster and help testing the vehicle since he knew had a sort of expertise in that area. I then think that MS harmed or killed Tim and DM tried to cover it up since he was there and knew that he would be guilty of some sort of offense as well. It would also explain whey SB said the devil smiled at her in her driveway...if she were referring to DM, he might not have known what was going to happen since he had previously test-driven a vehicle with AS with no issues. Thanks for listening!
I am leaning towards your theory as well..wounds on MS face to me shows struggle..LE said there was evidence of struggle..so what if DM was driving when stuff went down..what if after everything happened he got back into his own yukon and these guys took off in TBs truck.

You need to be licensed to purchase ammo and the transaction would be noted in a log book at the retailer (usually)

It's not exactly easy. Unless you've been cleared by the RCMP to own a firearm. Or someone with a license gave it to you.

That's the whole point. That particular handgun in the thread above uses the same size bullet as a small rifle. Getting the permit for the rifle would be easier than getting the permit for a handgun, so once you "illegally" get your hands on that style of handgun, all you need is a basic hunting licence to get ammo for it without raising suspicion.

The dealers would never contemplate hurting another human being? Maybe they are in denial but dealing drugs can seriously hurt another human being.

Yeah. I read that post and tried to picture some of my laid-back, pot-smoking co-workers as murderers. Maybe if someone got between them and a bag of Cool Ranch Doritos.

Funny:floorlaugh: Seriously though, when drugs (not talking pot) are involved anything can happen, sadly. I have personally had friends and kids of friends ruin their lives, getting addicted to drugs. One is currently in prison for murder and another recently convicted for arm robbery and assault. I can tell you that both of them tried and tried and tried to get sober, lots of rehab, but both of them relapsed. So, when I hear drugs involved, they can change a person and make them do terrible things.

100% no person would ever commit suicide with a 22lr

It happens. I actually knew someone, years ago, who tried to commit suicide with a .22 LR rifle. The bullet did not kill him, but rather, it swam through his brain, became permanently lodged, and left him functional but with a severe case of cross-eyedness and a bit of facial contortion. He was able to work afterwards and lead a relatively normal life despite the injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Senor710