Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Posted this last night, when most normal people where sleeping lol...

Reposting just because i am curious to see what some of your expert sleuths think of these thoughts. Obviously, this is just IMHO with several assumptions:

8) The real question is did they mean to kill Tim from the start? I am afraid that we may never know the truth here. It's possible that they planned the murder from the start, even if DM was the mastermind, it wouldn't be the first time that someone with a dominant personality is able to convince others to participate in a murder. On the other hand, maybe the plan went completely sideways, they killed Tim accidentally in a tussle and panicked, tried to cover it up and left a ton of evidence in the process.

#8 above has been the burning question to me since the 1st charge. I side with the other hand. Sideways plan went astray. The trail of evidence appears to strengthen this theory.
- The truck being noticed in DT Brantford via Colborne Rd. is a direct route to Brantford Hospital.
- My theory is the back seat occupant caused substantial injury to TB, which led to search on Phone for Nearby Hospital, which would be Brantford or McMaster in Hamilton. (for whatever reason I keep thinking Pulp Fiction and Marvin)
- While en route to Hospital TB passed away, causing panic and foolhardy decisions. Now murder is real, ditch the phone/drop the phone while checking the body.
- DM's farm is closest safe location from there.
- Seats removed to hide evidence or bullet hole, black interior is most probable in a Black truck. there would be no way to see if all evidence was ever completely removed with the naked eye, safer to remove.
- Those familiar with someone passing know that bodily fluids escape once muscle control is lost in death, therefore substantial evidence would be present within the truck's seats. (grim, my apologies.)
- The suspects smiling at a soon to be widow as they take her husband makes no sense, I honestly believe the truck theft was the only thrill being sought by these individuals, a crime with minimal investigation and victim gets a payday via insurance.

Just because someone is "intelligent" does not mean they are not evil.

Millard's lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, told CBC News his client isn't the type of person to commit such crimes.

"He's a very unassuming, humble person. He's intelligent, well-educated and financially well off, so there's no motive here," Paradkar said.

My opinion differs based on the accumulation of what we have seen, know and such... but, I DO agree that MS did not have the means to purchase the truck...

1) DM denies talking to LB until evidence is shown to him (phone bill) that he as the last person to talk to her.

2) According to LB's ex, DM had stated to him, he was supplying her with an illegal substance and she had a problem.

3) "Possible" POI in WM death. (to be determined)

4) Gaming site photo altered in a manner that "could" be similar in appearance to that of WM at the time of death (to be confirmed)

5) Been associating with MS since Baja days according to photo with Blue Car pictured at MS residence.

6) *advertiser censored*... leave it at that...

And I come back to the same issue regarding DM and his involvement...

DM brought the 2nd truck, 3rd person, left it completely out of site... the argument (prior) about the area being dark, maneuvering through the driveway etc... well its a lot harder to do that out on a road in the dark with possible ditches or traffic. (jmo)

Whatever went down in the truck, we will not know until all things are said and done in the courts... what we DO know is that a struggle went down, we do know that the cell was turned off within a mile of the house and we do know that TB was killed in the truck according to LE.

If you were not expecting any of this... and things just went nuts and it was not about the truck... then why not dump everything?

Take it out and burn it, don't keep it.

Why keep the truck, have an incinerator that is used for animals out on a vacant farm, cut the victim up and try to dispose of his body AFTER the fact?

No, I do not and will not believe that the older, DM was in over his head... but, that's just my thoughts ♥

bbm

the only articles I can find on these statements are a source said the police said in regards to a struggle and him being killed in the truck. Is there a direct link to LE saying this? Third party info isn't fact in my opinion.

Also the cell being turned off within a mile of his house only brings up WS when I search. Is there a direct link to LE saying this?

Thanks I was away all week so trying to catch up.

When this case first broke, i saw a screenshot of the Kijiji truck ad posted by TB and thought that the phone number was listed. Maybe you had to be logged in to see it? Also, i think several other members here confirmed seeing the same thing.

I am relying on what has been reported in MSM e.g. here

Best,
J.

Millard's lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, told CBC News his client isn't the type of person to commit such crimes.

"He's a very unassuming, humble person. He's intelligent, well-educated and financially well off, so there's no motive here," Paradkar said.

Nor does being well educated, or well off. He'll be needing to come up with a better defense than that.

Do we have anymore information released or found about the Burner Phone.............

I think its a key piece of evidence as to who originally purchased the phone,

If it was DM i speculate that it was purchased for some sinister motive,

and if MS purchased it (speculating due to credit issues), this phone would never be linked to him so using it for what ever purpose he needed sinister or other wise.

I would love to know what numbers were actually called from the "burner Phone"............

Anythoughts

"Kavanagh said police discovered the May 5 incident after obtaining records of the cellphone used by one of the suspects to contact Bosma. That cellphone was linked to a bogus name and was only active three months, but police determined the phone was used at several sites in Etobicoke."

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2558160-police-update-coming-on-tim-bosma-search/;send=false

Beginning around 10:00 in the video of the May 10th press conference, LE speaks about the cell phone and states based on cell tower location information, many of the calls originated from different parts of Etobicoke.
http://tinyurl.com/pydfchd

IMO, if the phone was primarily used in Etobicoke, I think it's more likely to belong to DM.

I don't think MS was hurting for money either. He was living in Oakville.
He was 25 & unemployed, but he was likely living off his mom & dad or he could have had another income source (maybe drugs? as they have come up more than once).

2 points:

1. Phone Number and Kijiji.

LE said at the very first conference (5:40 in on the joey coleman video of the conference on the 8th) that the number WAS in both ads, and as a result, kijiji has no record of who responded. kijiji has since said that no one responded to the ad through their website.

The truck was also listed on autotrader, and the number may have been included in the text on that ad. there has been very little discussion on the autotrader ad.

it's quite plausible that TB was contacted either by phone based on the kijiji ad, and kijiji is trying to stay uninvolved, or he was contacted through autotrader.

2. Laura Babcock and Drug Supply

CTV indicates that Sl told them that DM told him that he had been supplying LB with cocaine for months:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

National Post (among others, i think) report that DM did not help LB with drugs or a place to stay:

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...pect-dellen-millard-before-her-disappearance/

conflicting reports...

Something to share with our new members:

WS does not allow discussions over religion. This is because in the past, we've found it's a lose-lose debate and we are a site that discusses crime first and foremost.

If members see a possible religious connection to a crime, it can be discussed but it needs to be well documented via links that evidence in the crime might point toward a religious practice. We CAN NOT start a religious debate.

Hope that helps!
:seeya:

Ted Bundy went to law school and was considered highly intelligent.

I tried to respond in bold above...hope it works. Lots of opinion in this reply, but I don't see "facts". Sorry.

See if I can get my answers in here & not mess up the codes lol!!

ME B4:1) DM denies talking to LB until evidence is shown to him (phone bill) that he as the last person to talk to her. This is hearsay from the last known person to see LB alive.

YOU: Each call lasted only 1 minute between the pair with, I believe, 1 call lasting 2 minutes. I'd say DM was hanging up on her. I don't think there is any connection at all between DM and LB's disappearance.

I do remember one that was 3 min and a voice mail call as well, can't find the copy on MSM but, someone did post it on this site at the time but, may have been removed.

ME B4: According to LB's ex, DM had stated to him, he was supplying her with an illegal substance and she had a problem.

YOU: I don't recall seeing this anywhere. I recall that DM said LB had been asking him for cocaine and he had declined.

Quote from MSM: "Lerner said Millard denied receiving Babcock’s calls until he showed him Babcock’s phone record. Millard then told him that Babcock had developed a drug problem and that he had been supplying her with cocaine for months."
http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/police-probe-link-between-bosma-suspect-missing-woman-1.1286814

ME B4: "Possible" POI in WM death. (to be determined)

YOU: LE has stated that this investigation is closed. They are satisfied. I have seen first hand what a suicide victim can do to their own body, and a shot to the eye is nothing.

Not sure where you got that info honestly.... "Investigators looking into other cases in connection with Dellen Millard... Police say Toronto homicide detectives have reopened their investigation into the death of Wayne Millard last November."
http://kitchener.ctvnews.ca/investi...s-in-connection-with-dellen-millard-1.1286519

ME B4: Gaming site photo altered in a manner that "could" be similar in appearance to that of WM at the time of death (to be confirmed)

YOU: Being an idiot doesn't make you a murderer lol

AGREED!

ME B4: Been associating with MS since Baja days according to photo with Blue Car pictured at MS residence.

YOU: Being associated with a murderer doesn't make you a murderer

I think this would make more sense, along with the other things I have mentioned if you consider the original post I was responding to... it was about "being in over your head" and such... so association over time, you get to "know" more about people... this picture simply establishes that DM DID in fact know MS for a fair length of time, including his prior arrest periods. **That doesn't mean he was fully aware of them either**

ME B4:*advertiser censored*... leave it at that...

YOU: For real? A lot of people look at *advertiser censored* and they are not criminals.

Come on truthseeker... as I stated at the beginning, there is an accumulation of 'things" or "patterns" that we can see, its not about one thing, its the BIG picture.

And I come back to the same issue regarding DM and his involvement...

ME B4: DM brought the 2nd truck, (edited for space). (jmo)

YOU: This is all speculation. We don't know that the third vehicle was "hidden" at all.

NO one saw it, it was even "assumed" by LE that there was another vehicle until it was seen on video besides... see the end there lol! "(jmo)" means just that :)

Hope that helps but, I think the post I was responding might help. ♥

I found a profile for a "dmillard" on a gun buying/selling web site. This user purchased a manual for a Browning Challenger gun in March of 2013. I won't link, since I obviously can't confirm this is DM. Just thought I'd throw it out here, FWIW.

Something to share with our new members:

WS does not allow discussions over religion. This is because in the past, we've found it's a lose-lose debate and we are a site that discusses crime first and foremost.

If members see a possible religious connection to a crime, it can be discussed but it needs to be well documented via links that evidence in the crime might point toward a religious practice. We CAN NOT start a religious debate.

Hope that helps!
:seeya:

Just saw this - I'll go back and try to delete the related posts. I wondered when I saw people bringing it up!

Just saw this - I'll go back and try to delete the related posts. I wondered when I saw people bringing it up!

If the edit period is up and you can't change your post, feel free to alert it and let me know what you need and I'll fix it for you. Time doesn't allow me to read every post and we do rely on our members to alert. :tyou:

I'm sorry but IMO this was 100% premeditated. Arriving on foot to the Bosma home and being tailed by DM's SUV by a 3rd suspect? Come on. This doesnt sound like it was on the up and up from the get go.

Why did suspect 3 have to hide out in the Yukon?
If Im test driving a truck, I go up and say, so and so is staying with my SUV while we go for a spin, my friend here wants to buy the truck. Or whatever. Not tail us while leaving in the truck. JMO

bbm

the only articles I can find on these statements are a source said the police said in regards to a struggle and him being killed in the truck. Is there a direct link to LE saying this? Third party info isn't fact in my opinion.

Also the cell being turned off within a mile of his house only brings up WS when I search. Is there a direct link to LE saying this?

Thanks I was away all week so trying to catch up.

http://youtu.be/Ny87BjsZuv0
Hamilton Police Media Conference - Investigative Briefing for Tuesday, May 14, 2013 (Afternoon)

Just a suggestion... what I did was take out a piece of paper and wrote down "key" points, there is a Q&A section with MSM and LE, it has a lot of confirmed details and I think it was around the 10 or so min mark. Hope this helps :)

Re... Burner phone. Could be how the LE found the first test drive? If they have the number of the burner phone, I would think they could get the history. TBs cell had DMs number in his cell. I would think that is where the extended list of friends came from as well. There is 3 months of calls on DMs cell.

Yes, that is exactly how they found the first man. It was discussed by LE at the May 10th press conference (http://tinyurl.com/pydfchd). I'd be surprised though if DM/whichever suspect called buddies from that phone. DM has another phone which I think was used for more "legit" purposes (which, by now, police would have obtained records for as well which could be how they came up with the list of people he's banned from speaking to).

I'm sorry but IMO this was 100% premeditated. Arriving on foot to the Bosma home and being tailed by DM's SUV by a 3rd suspect? Come on. This doesnt sound like it was on the up and up from the get go.

Why did suspect 3 have to hide out in the Yukon?
If Im test driving a truck, I go up and say, so and so is staying with my SUV while we go for a spin, my friend here wants to buy the truck. Or whatever. Not tail us while leaving in the truck. JMO

Thanks for bringing this back to the forefront! Excellent point to remember...this totally show's they had something planned.

BK9004LCIAEWZ-e.jpg:large

AdamCarterCBC Adam Carter 33m
Here's a court sketch of Mark Smich,who appeared in #HamOnt court today, was charged with 1st degree murder #TimBosma pic.twitter.com/QdSIOxglsR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member