Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll bite:

No, I don't agree that being an oddball or outcast in middle school correlates to being a murderer later on.

About that eating dog biscuits thing, I wonder if his father was punishing him for something, and that DM could only take dog biscuits for his lunch was the punishment. Did they even have a dog? Did DM like the dog or mistreat the dog?

Re: Woman found in lake ontario..
Someone posted a Facebook photo,
From Toronto of the red hooded kid, and another in the lake shore area roller balding, and someone later posted the location...can someone dig that back up?

Hopefully this has not been posted yet -- If you search MS address and zoom in with the overhead view it looks like a very familiar red truck is parked in the driveway. (Wish I knew how to tell what date this is from)

http://explore.oakville.ca/maps/

Weren't there some tweets by an alleged witness to MS's arrest that claimed he was visibly intoxicated? At first the witness thought the large numbers of cars at the scene were a pileup, but she later said they were LE. That could explain him struggling with the police, or perhaps having gotten into trouble the prior evening.

I'm starting to feel so sad for the innocent friends of the suspects in this case. Its just an observance, but I'm sensing that they're all confused, concerned and starting to feel extremely vulnerable and exposed. Running, skittering, scattering. Guess it's a sign of the times. A whole generation living in twitter and facebook-land, not even contemplating the word "privacy". I see people making all sorts of comments on facebook pages, naming, defending and worse of all, incriminating people...IMO all of this is dangerous. IMO even though LE are finding the volume of leads overwhelming, I'm sure they're seeing the advantages of social media, the exact same way other recent major crimes have been solved. Time stamps, tower pings, twitter feeds...new age LE with great accuracy.

About that eating dog biscuits thing, I wonder if his father was punishing him for something, and that DM could only take dog biscuits for his lunch was the punishment. Did they even have a dog? Did DM like the dog or mistreat the dog?

There's a childhood photo of DM with a dog in this post: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9477093&postcount=264"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - The Death of Wayne Millard[/ame]

I found a profile for a "dmillard" on a gun buying/selling web site. This user purchased a manual for a Browning Challenger gun in March of 2013. I won't link, since I obviously can't confirm this is DM. Just thought I'd throw it out here, FWIW.

can you send me the link?

I'm starting to feel so sad for the innocent friends of the suspects in this case. Its just an observance, but I'm sensing that they're all confused, concerned and starting to feel extremely vulnerable and exposed. Running, skittering, scattering. Guess it's a sign of the times. A whole generation living in twitter and facebook-land, not even contemplating the word "privacy". I see people making all sorts of comments on facebook pages, naming, defending and worse of all, incriminating people...IMO all of this is dangerous. IMO even though LE are finding the volume of leads overwhelming, I'm sure they're seeing the advantages of social media, the exact same way other recent major crimes have been solved. Time stamps, tower pings, twitter feeds...new age LE with great accuracy.

I think they are panicking at the thought of losing their supplier...

I found a profile for a "dmillard" on a gun buying/selling web site. This user purchased a manual for a Browning Challenger gun in March of 2013. I won't link, since I obviously can't confirm this is DM. Just thought I'd throw it out here, FWIW.

Looks a lot like a German Luger pistol. Best part of owning a gun like that in Canada would be you could pick up ammo at Walmart or Canadian Tire... 22 caliber long

search dmillard, gun and it will pop right up. Millard is not that uncommon a name and this is a US website - I doubt that there is any connection
The location says Traverse City MI so I dont think a connection IMO

it's not the gun itself, it's the owners manual.
no problems shipping that legally.
this is something that should LE should know about,,, just in case

Posted this last night, when most normal people where sleeping lol...

Reposting just because i am curious to see what some of your expert sleuths think of these thoughts. Obviously, this is just IMHO with several assumptions:

8) The real question is did they mean to kill Tim from the start? I am afraid that we may never know the truth here. It's possible that they planned the murder from the start, even if DM was the mastermind, it wouldn't be the first time that someone with a dominant personality is able to convince others to participate in a murder. On the other hand, maybe the plan went completely sideways, they killed Tim accidentally in a tussle and panicked, tried to cover it up and left a ton of evidence in the process.

#8 above has been the burning question to me since the 1st charge. I side with the other hand. Sideways plan went astray. The trail of evidence appears to strengthen this theory.
- The truck being noticed in DT Brantford via Colborne Rd. is a direct route to Brantford Hospital.
- My theory is the back seat occupant caused substantial injury to TB, which led to search on Phone for Nearby Hospital, which would be Brantford or McMaster in Hamilton. (for whatever reason I keep thinking Pulp Fiction and Marvin)
- While en route to Hospital TB passed away, causing panic and foolhardy decisions. Now murder is real, ditch the phone/drop the phone while checking the body.
- DM's farm is closest safe location from there.
- Seats removed to hide evidence or bullet hole, black interior is most probable in a Black truck. there would be no way to see if all evidence was ever completely removed with the naked eye, safer to remove.
- Those familiar with someone passing know that bodily fluids escape once muscle control is lost in death, therefore substantial evidence would be present within the truck's seats. (grim, my apologies.)
- The suspects smiling at a soon to be widow as they take her husband makes no sense, I honestly believe the truck theft was the only thrill being sought by these individuals, a crime with minimal investigation and victim gets a payday via insurance.

Yup, certainly a possibility. But:

a) Why show up with several people at the front door and let the wife see you at all if the plan is to let TB go? Now you have two witnesses that can ID you both... I can think of several methods of NOT going to the front door to "meet the family" in this situation, let alone talk/smile/interact.

b) Why not dumb/burn the truck rather than tow it to his mothers house? If the murder was really an accident and they panicked, shouldn't that be the first thing to do? Get rid of all the damming evidence tying them to the crime? To me the answer is that they wanted that truck all along, even if it came down to murder they were ready for it. (circumstancial evidence seems to show that both MS and DM have interest in the dark side/violence....ala wierd MS youtube video, DM's extremely strange steam profile photo, DM's suicide girls *advertiser censored* photoshoot, etc.)

I realize that my points aren't a "smoking gun" and we cant go around arresting/accusing people of premeditated murder based on some videos, gaming profiles, odd photos, etc. but when coupled with the facts we already know about this case, it looks VERY bad on the accused.

The location of the person selling the manual was Traverse City, not the buyer (dmillard). The gun seems to be a collectors item, so it's possible the manual is hard to come by and would need to be ordered from farther away.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/2558160-police-update-coming-on-tim-bosma-search/;send=false

Beginning around 10:00 in the video of the May 10th press conference, LE speaks about the cell phone and states based on cell tower location information, many of the calls originated from different parts of Etobicoke.
http://tinyurl.com/pydfchd

IMO, if the phone was primarily used in Etobicoke, I think it's more likely to belong to DM.

Thanks for the video reference, this has also led to a new and interesting thought process:
During the Q&A with media, the police seem confident during certain answers.
- Tim was targeted by the accused and other suspects.
- They did not have any known connections between victim and accused
Then a question is asked regarding the possibility or police belief that the Etobicoke test drive may have been an attempt to locate Bosma or his truck.
Police response is "Absolutely Not"

So if police are confident that the victim was targeted, yet a similar occurrence days prior in a similar vehicle is dismissed as not an attempt at the target. This leads to a possible angle for premeditated as the possible reasons for the 1st test drive are slimmed down to either a practise run prior to the intended target or an attempt to mislead the investigation away from the actual target. Either theory is possible, I wish the MSM would contact the 1st dodge owner. I recall reports that he thought the 2 were shady and cut the test drive short. His account of their behaviour is probably evidence and can't be shared. Pitty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tattvaspa895