Suspect #2: Mark Smich *Charged* 1stDeg Murder 22 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We still need pics and/or witness statements about whether MS displayed any markings, scratches, bruises or cuts on his face and hands the day after the disappearance of Tim.

Telltale markings of a physical altercation and struggle in the truck, if Tim died by his hands.

I put forth an opinion before about how "marks" (on people) could have been avoided, and still left evidence of a struggle...

We know from the LE reports that DM was the "Test Driver" and that TB was in the front passenger seat, that leaves MS to sit behind TB.

He is not that "big" of a guy MS I mean...

So he's in the back seat kinda leaning forward on the front seat and chatting about the truck, pulls out a rope, over TB's head and around his neck...

At this point, MS pushes back into the seat and pulls with all his might.. .TB would NOT be able to reach him... if DM even stopped and stepped outa the truck or slid over against the door, TB could not reach him... but, he could thrash, kick and struggle to try to get free... total time from the house to the death... less than 10 min.

:( :(

I saw several references yesterday to MS being out of the country recently, which explained why Border Services was also involved in the investigation.

Any ideas on connections across the border? Likely NY or MI.

(Someone (can't recall where) suggested it was his sister's wedding but that wasn't it, since her own wedding site gave directions to the wedding, which was in Thornhill.)

I was wondering why CBSA was involved!

Thrill Kill theory holds up

Here is the "thrill kill" article from the Toronto Sun http://www.torontosun.com/2013/05/16/tim-bosmas-murder-may-have-been-thrill-kill-source
TORONTO - Police are now considering a “thrill kill” as a possible motive for the mysterious slaying of Tim Bosma.

“It is seriously being looked at,” said one police source. “There is a theory that it was about stealing a truck but also hurting somebody.”
Stealing the truck is definitely also part of it.

“There was an obsession over that truck,” the copper said. “But there is potentially more since it could have easily been stolen anywhere.”

Instead, there was a staged event.

“Twisted would be the word,” an officer said.

Police are looking into a small, “close-knit group of friends” that hung around together.

Dellen Millard, charged with first-degree murder, was part of that group.

“Social media was a big part of their activities,” the source said.

One thing to notice is that everything said here a week ago still holds up. DM is on social media sites and so was MS.

LE knew who MS was last week. He was on the list of suspects (subject to publication ban) that DM was not allowed to contact.

That means they were watching him and likely looking at any social media activity. For all we know, MS removed himself from the steam(??) gaming site, when he heard the story about WM shooting himself in the eye.

Ah yes, the shot in the eye. That came out in the same article as the thrill kill. That means the LE source wanted it out there. The reporter, who has good sources, didn't imagine it.

As for subsequent reports, they called it a shot to the left side of head. Well, I have an eye on the left side of my head and you probably do too.

MS FB was hidden - found him through AM site. Pics of him wearing bandanas over his face, ski mask, and one from gore video...

Another of machete he made in his garage, stating "custom build for her pleasure"

Glad he's been caught. Good LE work and websleuth work!

Thanks CarlaMB. So a common link between the suspects is AM. I wonder if #3 will also be connected in the same way?

From manufacturer website: SuperNova Manufacturing, Inc. .... (EDITED for space) concrete slab, an electrical weatherproofed 120volt GFI receptacle, fuel supply and a means for unloading the incinerator (call for weight of purchased unit and technical department will assist). BBM

Thanks! Went back to check... it was the "optional propane" tank that I saw and thought that was what operated it.

I put forth an opinion before about how "marks" (on people) could have been avoided, and still left evidence of a struggle...

We know from the LE reports that DM was the "Test Driver" and that TB was in the front passenger seat, that leaves MS to sit behind TB.

He is not that "big" of a guy MS I mean...

So he's in the back seat kinda leaning forward on the front seat and chatting about the truck, pulls out a rope, over TB's head and around his neck...

At this point, MS pushes back into the seat and pulls with all his might.. .TB would NOT be able to reach him... if DM even stopped and stepped outa the truck or slid over against the door, TB could not reach him... but, he could thrash, kick and struggle to try to get free... total time from the house to the death... less than 10 min.

:( :(

Sad and grim this topic is.

It could have been a rope or garrotte that was used. And, I agree that MS was most likely situated directly behind Tim. On the other hand, it may have been a chokehold that was designed to incapacitate Tim (example, a "sleeper hold" or some type of jiu-jitsu choke) but not kill him. If it was a choke applied from the rear, then there will be some possibility that Tim could make a good effort to fight it out and leave some marks on MS. If you think about it, if you are being pulled and choked from behind, the only way to relieve pressure is by moving into the direction of where the attacker is: straight back, and your feet are going to be kicking ie. boot mark on the dash, the window, etc.

Homemade machete? It sounds like someone was interested in deadly weaponry.

Thanks CarlaMB. So a common link between the suspects is AM. I wonder if #3 will also be connected in the same way?

I'm thinking so. Still can't believe AM was cleared! Next few days should be interesting. Anyone have the FB link to AS? Or is it closed already? They seem to be pretty quick on the delete button..

I'm thinking so. Still can't believe AM was cleared! Next few days should be interesting. Anyone have the FB link to AS? Or is it closed already? They seem to be pretty quick on the delete button..

I don't know if AS has an online FB, but it would be off limits at this time, anyway.

MS FB was hidden - found him through AM site. Pics of him wearing bandanas over his face, ski mask, and one from gore video...

Another of machete he made in his garage, stating "custom build for her pleasure"

Glad he's been caught. Good LE work and websleuth work!
so MS associated with AM too?

Just because someone is "intelligent" does not mean they are not evil.

Millard's lawyer, Deepak Paradkar, told CBC News his client isn't the type of person to commit such crimes.

"He's a very unassuming, humble person. He's intelligent, well-educated and financially well off, so there's no motive here," Paradkar said.

Whenever I read the quote from DM's lawyer, I want to ask his definition of "well-educated." To my knowledge, DM graduated from high school, but did he go to college after that? I wonder what he has been doing since high school besides partying, etc.? JMHO.

I was wondering why CBSA was involved!
I would like to think that when LE put out an APB on TB'S vehicle they would have alerted CBSA, who then would have set up surveillance on the Canadian side on approach as well as alerting their CPB counterparts on the American side. I don't think with a criminal record MS has much chance of crossing the border into the United States.

Sad and grim this topic is.

It could have been a rope or garrotte that was used. And, I agree that MS was most likely situated directly behind Tim. On the other hand, it may have been a chokehold that was designed to incapacitate Tim (example, a "sleeper hold" or some type of jiu-jitsu choke) but not kill him. If it was a choke applied from the rear, then there will be some possibility that Tim could make a good effort to fight it out and leave some marks on MS. If you think about it, if you are being pulled and choked from behind, the only way to relieve pressure is by moving into the direction of where the attacker is: straight back, and your feet are going to be kicking ie. boot mark on the dash, the window, etc.

Homemade machete? It sounds like someone was interested in deadly weaponry.

Totally agree :( Tragic and sad... I hope they have/get all the people involved and get a solid conviction at trial.

I thought about the choke hold too but, knowing the physical description of the person who was sitting behind TB, before MS was taken into custody... I don't think they would be physically strong enough to hold TB. And especially now after seeing MS... don't think he could do it, physically that is.

If they had such a weapon... there would have been some sign of it concealed in some manner... I believe they probably did have some sort of a weapon but, that would have been in DM's Yukon.... so when they went to the Farm they would have it.

I don't think they wanted "blood" in the truck though... for some reason that we don't know yet, they wanted that truck... otherwise, if it were a "thrill kill" for the sake of killing someone, then trash the truck with the body and burn everything and get outa dodge (so to say).

And if they did strangle TB from behind... there are "body fluids" that happen that they probably were not prepared for... and had to remove the seats... *just a thought*

Its like the truck... the issue of it hidden or not hidden, just outa site?

To quote "Dr Phil"... past behavior is a predictor of future behavior... they didn't just walk up into and through an industrial site for the first test drive... And I think the piece of info that we are missing in grasping what might have put that first individual on edge that something wasn't right...

The time of the call and them showing up ON FOOT.

There was no vehicle seen anywhere in the first test drive either... my hunch is once they saw the size of the guy, they said forget it and I don't think the guy was fat, in regards to size... I think he was muscle mass, based on LE MK's statement that the person with the first truck could have taken both of the guys that showed up to his location, no problem (paraphrased)

There was no vehicle in the TB test drive either... cause they kept it hidden both time. *Sticking to my opinion*

Whenever I read the quote from DM's lawyer, I want to ask his definition of "well-educated." To my knowledge, DM graduated from high school, but did he go to college after that? I wonder what he has been doing since high school besides partying, etc.? JMHO.

I'm not sure if I read this or heard it on the news, but somewhere I read or heard that he went to a chef's college. Did anyone else find that?

DM dropped out of high school but then went to a career college to study to become a chef

He did go to private school though (Toronto French School)

I thought I read that he trained to be a chef..not sure of he ever finished.

If the black eye is recent (clearly after wedding photos) it's likely from other inmates. Even in PC you still encounter other prisoners.

Just catching up here, but had to comment to add... LE only got a hold of MS yesterday morning, very slim chance that MS has had contact with ANYONE other then a lawyer, let alone left in any population...they're probably still questioning him, or at least were all day yesterday!
I didn't see any black eyes in any of the wedding photo's...does anyone have one they can re-post?

The dealers would never contemplate hurting another human being? Maybe they are in denial but dealing drugs can seriously hurt another human being.

Well, I guess I am outnumbered. I'm not much of a drinker and as for *advertiser censored*, I've seen it. I just really, really hate drugs and I don't understand the need to get "high", whatever that means. And yes, drugs (and alcohol) hurt people, lots of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme